• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco announces Tales of Graces F for North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
JoshuaJSlone said:
Used to be Wii-only, too.

Yes and Namco moved the game to PS3 as a set up for Tales of Xillia. They finally realized where their games were going to get the most sales.

Foffy

Banned
Kagari said:
As for Graces F... do you really think Namco is going to spend the effort to port the game to yet another platform? Took them enough to even announce a localization for it.

So less than two full months from its Japanese release is a long time to announce a localization? :p

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm kinda wondering why Namdai isn't putting up Tales of Graces F's platform/s.

I think it's safe to assume that the PS3 version is for sure and they're still deciding on the Wii version.

Edit: Regarding Japanese Centric games... Does RE5 count?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ULTROS! said:

I wouldn't think so. Honestly, most of the stuff that Capcom puts out has more of an international focus. Just as much focus in the West as in Japan. Very few exceptions, like Monster Hunter.

What does Japanese centric mean? Do you mean Japanese big budget games like RE? If so then I'm not quite sure you are correct in saying it's a known fact they sell better on PS3.

If it's stuff from NIS. Does that count?

ULTROS! said:
I'm kinda wondering why Namdai isn't putting up Tales of Graces F's platform/s.

I think it's safe to assume that the PS3 version is for sure and they're still deciding on the Wii version.

Well they could use it so that in the future to build up hype they have some sort of campaign of saying "Tales of finally returns to the Sony platform *pomp and circumstance* reveals its for the PS3." That's a good weeks worth of teaser and "likes" on their facebook page, they get new fans and praise, hits to talesoftworichards.com an all win situation.

careksims

Kasumi1970 said:
let just say Namco did do a Tales of Grace F versions for the ps3 and 360....would some of you people be upset?

I would because they ported F to the 360 and then brings it to the west, but not V(PS3)?

I really think its just the PS3 and Wii.

Rpgmonkey

ZealousD said:
I think we've got a better chance of dual-audio with Graces F than with any other Tales release prior. I don't know the disc requirements for Graces F, but the original was able to fit on a DVD. Even generously assuming that the port doubled the size of the game, that still leaves more than half of the Blu-Ray empty. They could easily fit it on there.

Based on analysis of the disc, Vesperia had both languages on the disc. IIRC both the English and Japanese movie files can be found on the disc as well.

Doesn't look like space is what's stopping them from doing it.

Canova

Banned
Yup, most of Japanese-centric games, JRPG, fighting games (in fact all fighting games) sold better on PS3, in North America or in overall sale number

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
ShockingAlberto said:
Facts are awesomely malleable like that.
It's a well known fact. :p

We can add on, that it's a Japanese centric title in the West. The discrepancy isn't nearly as large as it is in the East. Normally what preforms well on one of the system, does so on the other(I'd say that's more the rule of thumb in general). It basically comes down to Namco's expectations for the title and what they desire from it. Do they wish to push it, and hopefully strike gold(Get it up to Persona levels 200k-300k). Or just form a dedicated, niche fanbase similar to NISA. If they are legitimately willing to push the title and launch it in a nice month(Summer, cough). I could see a small chance were a duo release would be beneficial than. Otherwise, waste of time.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
InfiniteNine said:
Shouldn't you guys be going to sleep for grade school about now?

It's 12:30 P.M. in my time. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom