• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai announces Mobile Ops: The One Year War for Xbox 360 (56k, no)

snatches

seriously why hasn't anyone photoshopped the car pick from FCK into a Mission Accomplished photoshop?

it boggles the mind.

GAF, you have let me down

Piper Az

How would this game pass MS's quality control?

I don't care if this game represents 25% of Japanese support for the 360, MS should say "no thanks".

Piper Az said:
How would this game pass MS's quality control?

I don't care if this game represents 25% of Japanese support for the 360, MS should say "no thanks".

They've accepted games that look far worse than this.

snatches said:
seriously why hasn't anyone photoshopped the car pick from FCK into a Mission Accomplished photoshop?

it boggles the mind.

GAF, you have let me down

3a1mh.jpg

:D

Elios83

Aahaha that's pathetic,if Microsoft gave money to Namco for these amazing exclusives they have monkeys in the company :lol :lol :lol

Pimpwerx

When is this scheduled for release? This Holiday gives them a lot of time to work on this. It looks early. The lighting model isn't in place yet, among a host of other problems. I wouldn't worry just yet. PEACE.

Karakand

Piper Az said:

Yeah, if they hate making money. The Japanese buy Gundam shit like it's no one's business.

"Hmmm, Seiken Densetsu: Children of Mana looks pretty cool. Eh, what's this? A new Gundam game? Zakus are so kawaii~ Here is too much yen for this shitty game, store owner-san!"

Sysgen

Like others here screens like this get me really annoyed. I had some long rant which I've decided to forgo and I didn't want to be insulting but since I'm sure we will see this schlock at $60 this is my contribution to the development effort.

graphics4dummies1.jpg

Mashing

Obviously the game is early, so that begs the question: why release media for something that is so far off? Don't they know releasing crappy media such as that lower hype.

Sysgen

For perspective. Now some huge mech walking through that and I don't care about how much I don't know about your game or universe but I'll be there.

1141716702.jpg

1141716703.jpg

FtsH

All 3rd part companies are practicing how to make next-gen game using MS' money,
by the end of this year when PS3 comes out, there will be no learning curve!

Mrbob

gollumsluvslave said:

:lol

Could Japan developers be any less impressive when it comes to next gen? Even DoA4 didn't make you say wow. Either western development have started trumping Japan development, or japan publishers will be showing off the goods on PS3 starting at E3. .

NeonZ

Jim said:
"Looks" like a Gundam game, but why wouldn't they just use Gundam in the title? They have before in previous North American releases.

Bandai believes that the "Gundam" name limits the market in North America, because it becomes just a franchise game for a franchise which isn't popular. So, they're now releasing some games without the "Gundam" name, trying to hide its anime's roots.

Of course, I don't see how it'll help this, considering the negative reaction from non-Gundam fans.

Piper Az

Why doesn't MS just buyout some of these studios or liscence the Gundam or whatever popular anime/popculture stuff? Then hand-over the brand to the developers (1st party or 3rd) to do the game the right way. Geeez

Piper Az said:
Why doesn't MS just buyout some of these studios or liscence the Gundam or whatever popular anime/popculture stuff? Then hand-over the brand to the developers (1st party or 3rd) to do the game the right way. Geeez

Because Bandai owns Gundam, if anyone develops it other than them its because they get them to develop it like the NAMCO and Capcom Gundams.

Mandoric

Banned
Bandai said:
mobile fighter

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol as much fun as that'd be, it wouldn't quiiiiiiiite fit either the fanbase or the market they're aiming for in the US.
(Also... "Minosphsky"? Goddamn, these guys need to get in touch with their consistency checkers.)

Karakand said:
"Hmmm, Seiken Densetsu: Children of Mana looks pretty cool. Eh, what's this? A new Gundam game? Zakus are so kawaii~ Here is too much yen for this shitty game, store owner-san!"

No, no, if you're going for cuteness it's definitely Acguy.

As for the dropping of the Gundam name, it's become very obvious that Bandai have realized that they've completely bungled marketing the franchise, and are now trying to slip it back in in disguise. While I wish them luck with actually getting the decent portions out here, and I'll probably be playing this release, they're really gonna have to work on what US markets look for in graphics and style if they want to sell the game to anyone who's not already a fan.

MrSingh

Saw this on the big screen at the conference. Looks decent in motion, they captured the feel of the Gundam anime quite well.

Nozi

Banned
I honestly believe Japanese developers are having a hard time getting to grips with next gen technology, you will see a lot of similarly poor looking offerings on the ps3, believe me.

Troidal

This is the second Gundam game with no "GUNDAM" on the game title. You'd think that would boost the game's recognition...

It's essentially an FPS so maybe there's a market in the US...

Jonnyram

Nozi said:
I honestly believe Japanese developers are having a hard time getting to grips with next gen technology, you will see a lot of similarly poor looking offerings on the ps3, believe me.
I've heard this from a few people. There seems to be a real lack of experience using the third party suites, such as Unreal Engine 3, and we won't see good results for a while.

Top Bottom