• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai:PS3 Game Sales to double on Sony price cut

Elios83

Bloomberg Japan reports that Namco Bandai's Ceo has stated that they're doubling their sales forecast for RR7 and Gundam to 1 million units for each game because of PS3 price cut.

JoJo13

Banned
K_S said:
Doesn't Namco think every game they make will sell 500k+?
500k+ is what I'm expecting, but if they pull 1million out of any of those two titles then I will be happy for them.

Syb

RR7's debut will be 40,000 considering the amount of PS3s that will be available at the launch, and I doubt its legs will be "ZOMG A MILLION" amazing either... 350,000, maybe 400,000 overall at best.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Elios83 said:
Bloomberg Japan reports that Namco Bandai's Ceo has stated that they're doubling their sales forecast for RR7 and Gundam to 1 million units for each game because of PS3 price cut.

Good to see that their sales projections still make me :lol in the new gen. Thanks Namco. You morons.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ah good to see some things remain consistant. I gotta wonder who exactly is going to be buying 1 million units worth of games considering that Japan is only getting what 100,000 or so units and we all know shortages are going being to happening for quite awhile?

PipBoy

Banned
WTF, there wont be more than 2 millions PS3 in Japan by the end of March, how's Gundam going to sell 1 million ? :lol

A price reduction of $50 will not suddenly double the sales of your games Namco!

Once they come out watch, they're gonna blame Sony for their poor sales :lol

I'm always amazed at the sales for Gundam games, even when they're absolutely shite. I believe that game will sell pretty well to a software-starved crowd. RR7...yeah, I think this series has had its time in the sun. All that needs to happen here is for Nadeo to finally get their asses in gear and release TM on consoles and RR's totally done for.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
yeah, gundam games still sell in japan, apparently -- there was a psp gundam game on top of the charts not long ago. a psp game. on top of the charts. in japan! and rr + playstation launch tends to work. you definitely have to divide a namco sales projection by 3 or 4, but both games should do pretty well.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The only way Namco can pull this off is creative marketing, especially with the cover art for Ridge Racer. Cover up the Ridge Racer name with a sticker that says "Gran Turismo 5" and they just might get their 1 million+

CorwinB

Perhaps it was mistranslated and they meant they would sell 1 million cars for RR7 and 1 million mechs for Gundam in their new and improved microtransaction editions ?

linsivvi

Could this be worldwide figures? In that case it's entirely possible if you include the best hits sales a year later.

Tieno

linsivvi said:
Could this be worldwide figures? In that case it's entirely possible if you include the best hits sales a year later.
Doubling (world wide) sales based on pricecut in japan? It's weird...

NeonZ

drohne said:
yeah, gundam games still sell in japan, apparently -- there was a psp gundam game on top of the charts not long ago. a psp game. on top of the charts. in japan!

That game had Mobile suits and characters from every Gundam tv series. The PS3 one only has Gundams from the One Year War (which is the Japanese's fan favorite, but it's still less than every series together).

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Shouldn't the Accomplished pic been posted by now?

OatmealMu

Oh, Namco Bandai...

abandonallhope.gif

Top Bottom