• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco is asking for your FCKing suggestions

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/685/685629p1.html

February 3, 2006 - We recently reported on the delay of Namco's Frame City Killer, and knew they were working on graphical improvements and additional content. What we didn't know was exactly how they were doing it. In a recent newsletter sent out to those who signed up on Frame City Underground, fans are being asked to send input on what they'd like to see for extra missions. "Missions: What would you do?" the newsletter states in large letters.

In addition to mission expansions and added fighting mechanics, the option of online functionality is also being explored. Whether or not the developers will actually see and consider any feedback sent in is unclear, but it's known that new ideas are being considered. "The game's story is set," says the newsletter, "but new side missions may be added, time permitting." So, if you've got some ideas, you know where to go.

In the game, you play as Crow and follow his exploits through the corrupt streets of Frame City. The title so far promises non-linear gameplay elements, and a mix of action and investigation tied together with a dark, harsh storyline. The title has received attention for its incorporation of the Unreal Engine 3. According to Namco, the engine will allow for sharp, realistic graphics and effects such as grenade blasts shattering windows and bullets deforming and destroying cars.

Johnas

Doesn't sound very reassuring about the final product to me. You never know, though, it could turn out to be a great move. It just doesn't instill much confidence in the development process at first glance, particularly since it was done after the delay.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
namco turning to the fan community for mission ideas? not a good sign...

i do have one suggestion for them though, redesign those goofy sunglasses

<nu>faust

ppl did not make fun of this game cos' they thought there wouldn't be enough missions or online gameplay elements namco, ppl ridiculed this game because it looked like a first gen ps2/dreamcast game. Upgrades to the graphics won't be enough, you need to re-work whole graphical style/graphics engine.

I am reminded of this:

Back with the focus group...

Man: How many of you kids would like Itchy & Scratchy to deal with
real-life problems, like the ones you face every day?
Kids: [clamoring] Oh, yeah! I would! Great idea! Yeah, that's it!
Man: And who would like to see them do just the opposite -- getting
into far-out situations involving robots and magic powers?
Kids: [clamoring] Me! Yeah! Oh, cool! Yeah, that's what I want!
Man: So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's
completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?
Kids: [all agreeing, quieter this time] That's right. Oh yeah,
good.
Milhouse: And also, you should win things by watching.
-- Conflicting results, "The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show"

Myers, fed up, turns on the light in the observation booth, making
himself visible to the kids.

Myers: You kids don't know what you want! That's why you're still kids;
'cause you're stupid!
[sticks his face to the window, difforming his nose]
Just tell me what's wrong with the freakin' show!
[turns the lights out]
Ralph: [starts crying, turns the knob left] Mommy!
-- "The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show"

I'm expecting similar results.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Here is an idea: a side mission where you are pushed to an alternative (to the game) reality which looks like it's actually built on the UE3.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Just make proper FCKing use of the Unreal 3 engine. The actual game sounded quite interesting before the screenshots destroyed my eyes.

Top Bottom