• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco System 10 has come to MAME; the last of the PS1 based arcade hardwade

VGEsoterica

For the longest time Namco System 11 and 12 have worked fine in MAME with the lone hold out being System 10…which was a huge bummer as it’s not only home to some absolute classics (Mr Driller 2 and Mr Driller G) but also to some deep cut hidden gems like Gamshara

Well luckily that changed this week as System 10 support has been added into MAME .254.

It actually wasn’t anything to do with the base hardware but more on the side of encryption and protection and the fact that each game can and would do something wholly unique vs every other game…which can drive you nuts. Near impossible to track down every variable that affects simply loading a game and executing the files.

Konami loved doing this too and I am STILL trying to figure out a certain board of theirs myself.

But System 10 is here and the library is legit fun, weird, quirky and filled with some legit hidden gems

But that got me thinking Gaf…what “currently does not emulate” game or system would be your dream pick? Because for as much stuff that DOES work there’s a ton out there that still doesn’t.

Mine is Konami Viper and I own the boards and games but I’d love everyone to experience them

Holammer

Never heard of Gamshara and I love a lot of games in the genre. Like Cabal, Blood bros, Nam 75 & Wild Guns, even the more recent Zombie Panic in Wonderland. So suddenly seeing a Sengoku/Steampunk themed one was a real surprise.
Recently I've been pondering how to do a game in the style, with a fantasy theme and how to spice it up with modern mechanics.

VGEsoterica

Never heard of Gamshara and I love a lot of games in the genre. Like Cabal, Blood bros, Nam 75 & Wild Guns, even the more recent Zombie Panic in Wonderland. So suddenly seeing a Sengoku/Steampunk themed one was a real surprise.
Recently I've been pondering how to do a game in the style, with a fantasy theme and how to spice it up with modern mechanics.
Gamshara is a banger

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
So we're getting Tekken 3 original for real
Sheet GIF

dan76

Gamshara looks amazing, can't wait to play it. I'm currently working on a Cabal style game, a forgotten genre unfortunately, but it shall return!

For the unemulated, I've always wanted to play that exclusive PCB version of Akai Katana Red Label (I think). It was a PCB Cave made for the home market, very small number. I doubt anyone who owns it would ever dump it. I also hope some of the newer lightgun games eventually become playable. The Raw Thrills Jurassic Park and Walking Dead games look pretty good. Also Space Adventure Cobra is almost playable now. My love for the character will get me over the average gameplay.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Everytime I heard "Meim" I have a pain in my heart.

The correct pronunciation is Mah-meh because despite its an acronym of English words, it was intended to be pronounced in Italian. It was present in the Mamedevs site too, but I think it's deprecated now since is no longer there and people keep saying Meim.

Last edited:
Top Bottom