• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name that Smash Character video

Hikami

Well that was a good laugh, haha.
Only one I wouldn't have known of was Shulk, no clue who he was before he was added to Smash 3DS/WiiU.

That old dude(you know the one I mean) had some pretty top reactions
I mean like, he said "Yu-Gi-Oh" for Pikachu, but like, that's something

Dinjooh

NUfVPHm.jpg

Except it is.

upofsFV.jpg

-Horizon-

YOU WANNA GO IN SOME 3DS BRAWL? CUZ IM READY

Wait top of the page now...uh oh no I cant believe people who are enthusiast didnt know more obscure characters ahhhhh
After I finish Pokemon :3c
Sooner or later

That old dude(you know the one I mean) had some pretty top reactions
I mean like, he said "Yu-Gi-Oh" for Pikachu, but like, that's something
That and Astro Boy, he has to be trolling.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pretty sure that guy in the black shirt was just messing with his answers. He was literally giving the perfect fake answers. He knows Yu-Gi-Oh but not Pikachu? Yeah, that's not suspicious at all.

Also realise that Samus was hardly recognised yet a lot recognised Duck Hunt Dog despite this being its first ever 3D render and people were trying to say Ridley was more deserving of a place. A HA HA HA HA HA!

Someone needs to photoshop all the hilariously incorrect answers onto the Smash 4 Character Select screen(i.e. Instead of Shulk you have Marty Mcfly)

Someone needs to photoshop all the hilariously incorrect answers onto the Smash 4 Character Select screen(i.e. Instead of Shulk you have Marty Mcfly)
No...we need the announcer to announce them all. ;)

Funny video. I've actually looked at a few of these videos already with a mom then another with a dad. Someone should compile a list since I'm sure I missed some. Always entertaining.

Evilisk

Died at the Link = Zelda part. Especially since they're all so sure that his name is Zelda.

Rosalina being Elsa was also pretty funny

*Kirby is his favorite character*

*Doesn't know who King Dedede is*

what

The guy who said Kirby was his favorite character, but didn't know who King Dedede was made me chuckle.

I guess it's possible if they've never played a Smash game since Melee

I definitely didn't know about any other Kirby characters until Brawl

Azuran

Banned
That there are too many anime sword users i'm guessing

Actually, it was that they look like "generic anime guys"

Considering their source game, it makes sense. Why would anyone add a penguin as a main character in a Fire Emblem or Xenoblade game is beyond me. Such a shame us humans have such boring designs.

LOL at Fire Emblem

(Marth) "Nope."
(Lucina) "Nope."
(Ike) "Nope."

and

(Marth) "Another knight with a sword..."
(Lucina) "His girlfriend."
(Ike) "Her brother."

Also, I'm pretty impressed with how many people got Duck Hunt, or were at least on the right track. Kudos to the character designers I guess, they really managed to translate them well!

L95

Nah, even if you think it's an amazing game, I feel that just saying it's a must play is a shitty thing to do. A game where you have to pair a child and an adult together in order to recruit their future child should get some kind of disclaimer IMO.

Honestly FE4 is way worse in this department as they don't have the "they have kids in the future" excuse. They have the kids, relatively, immediately(within 3 years, I think, the game isn't exact on the time passage but no longer than that).

kewlmyc

I've never understood that. Do people call the AC protagonists Creed?

The series is called "The Legend of Zelda" and you play as a character saving a kingdom from ruin. If that's all you knew about the series, you'd probably immediately assume that the story was about a character named Zelda going on a legendary quest. So most people assume the guy in the green cap saving the day is Zelda, the person the game is named after. Hell, Zelda is barely in the original NES games so if that was your only exposure, then it's not too far fetched.

Same applies to Metroid.

Even the random passerby thinks Dark Pit is taking the piss

That was the best part.

Who the hell is Elsa and why was everyone calling Rosalina that?

It makes me sad that the majority called Link "Zelda". But hey, a lot seemed to know Kirby, which is quite something. I fail to see how Shulk and the FE characters look alike.

I guess it's possible if they've never played a Smash game since Melee

I definitely didn't know about any other Kirby characters until Brawl
Could be. I took it as him meaning he played a game or two of Kirby's own series and still not knowing Dedede. I haven't really known anyone who favorites a Smash character and hasn't or didn't play an entry in that specific franchise.

Still made me laugh though but I guess I get it.

also

Banned
Well now you can cringe harder ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaO2WIUGUSA

Interesting to see which characters are instantly recognizable gaming icons.

Make me watch Frozen with Rosalina if old.
Very entertaing.
''Captain punch''
''The thing from the thing''
''Are these characters real?'' ''Is this a joke') (Referring to the Fire Emblem representatives and Shulk)

It also shows that you should always name the series after the main character.

It makes me sad that the majority called Link "Zelda". But hey, a lot seemed to know Kirby, which is quite something. I fail to see how Shulk and the FE characters look alike.
Elsa is a princess from a Disney movie called Frozen, which essentially had the popularity of Rebecca Black but without most of the suckiness
Both wear blue dresses, and I think it's just on constant standby in the minds of some people today.

Elsa. You know from that little movie called Frozen. Maybe you've heard of it.

Top Bottom