• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto - A New Era Trailer

Sesha

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5aDD9VEujo

Trailer for the Road to Boruto DLC expansion to Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. Shows off the Boruto, Sarada, Naruto and Sasuke with new movesets, and new character Mitsuki, with glimpses of their Ultimate Jutsu. Releases February 3rd, 2017.

Absorb my chakra and rant at me about revenge and betrayal if old.

I really liked Boruto the movie, so this might be interesting. Boruto is quite a different character from Naruto and it's a nice critique of privilege. Where Naruto is the moron who has to work hard for everything, Boruto is the privileged son who has all the advantages, but also risk falling prey to entitlement, arrogance, superiority complex and over confidence. "the son of the boss is a dick" syndrome.

Moaradin

So the story mode is just a straight adaption of the movie?

I'll probably get it eventually for the characters.

Revven

So essentially one new character with mitsuki

Thus better be priced reasonably

It's $20.

Also, according to their Twitter a few days ago they said there's still more characters yet to be revealed. This was after they announced Mecha Naruto is coming back in this as well so what they said excludes him being counted.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
CC2 should focus their efforts on series that haven't already been driven into the ground long before they were officially done

But obviously it does make fiscal sense to continue the money train so i can't complain too much.

CC2 should focus their efforts on series that haven't already been driven into the ground long before they were officially done

But obviously it does make fiscal sense to continue the money train so i can't complain too much.
one piece
The story is probably too long for them to even consider

-Ryn

Banned
Well that looks pretty neat. Been wanting to pick this game up for a while anyway. Love CC2.

I really liked Boruto the movie, so this might be interesting. Boruto is quite a different character from Naruto and it's a nice critique of privilege. Where Naruto is the moron who has to work hard for everything, Boruto is the privileged son who has all the advantages, but also risk falling prey to entitlement, arrogance, superiority complex and over confidence. "the son of the boss is a dick" syndrome.
Boruto doesn't want any of that "privilege" though. He despises that his dad is the Hokage because of what it does to their relationship as a family and Naruto's own health. He doesn't have any kind of father figure to guide him because his own dad is never there to teach him, acts distant and formal despite this being his son, and rarely spends legitimate time with his own family; sending clones in place for something even as important as
his own daughter's birthday
. Most, if not all of Boruto's behavior, stems from him feeling neglected and wanting little more than his own father's attention and acknowledgement.

This "privilege" was shown to be nothing but a burden for Naruto's family and even in the end of the movie was treated as something they have to endure for the sake of everyone else.

Cerium

Boruto doesn't want any of that "privilege" though. He despises that his dad is the Hokage because of what it does to their relationship as a family and Naruto's own health. He doesn't have any kind of father figure to guide him because his own dad is never there to teach him, acts distant and formal despite this being his son, and rarely spends legitimate time with his own family; sending clones in place for something even as important as
his own daughter's birthday
. Most, if not all of Boruto's behavior, stems from him feeling neglected and wanting little more than his own father's attention and acknowledgement.

This "privilege" was shown to be nothing but a burden for Naruto's family and even in the end of the movie was treated as something they have to endure for the sake of everyone else.

Boruto's laziness is due to his comfortable upbringing. It's implied that he's more talented and intelligent than Naruto but lags behind his peers because he can't be bothered to work hard. He'd be even worse if Sarada wasn't always nagging at him and setting a better example.

That's privilege. Naruto only succeeded because he had to work hard for every scrap of respect, whereas even when Boruto cheats to get ahead everyone just says "oh that's just to be expected of the Seventh's son."

But anyway where is Mitsuki's Sage Mode? I was expecting it to be his ultimate but they left it out completely.

Soooooooo something like the Fate/stay franchise?

Namikaze

I hoe the fact that they're bringing this DLC to the PC version means that they plan to fix the SSAO not working and the resolution cap @ 1080p. The game looks amazing if you change it to 4K in the text file.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Soooooooo something like the Fate/stay franchise?

Not necessarily a Type Moon franchise. It can be anything.

Try another popular shounen franchise that has pretty explosions, or maybe try another Dothack or even a new IP? Maybe another Asura's wrath even?

They already have been doing jojo as well as Naruto, but there's way more to do and possibly focus on.

I'm sure they have their hands full with FF7R, but its something to think about with all the UE4 technical experience they are getting right now working on that game both from a gameplay perspective and otherwise

Try another popular shounen franchise that has pretty explosions, or maybe try another Dothack or even a new IP? Maybe another Asura's wrath even?

They already have been doing jojo as well as Naruto, but there's way more to do and possibly focus on.

I'm sure they have their hands full with FF7R, but its something to think about with all the UE4 technical experience they are getting right now working on that game both from a gameplay perspective and otherwise
I thought they made something with Type Moon but that wad probably someone else. Oh yeah I completely forgot about .hack!!!

I want a .hack//G.U. Trilogy HD Remaster...

-Ryn

Banned
I wonder if the story fights will be better than the movie's. CC2 has a knack for flash.

Boruto's laziness is due to his comfortable upbringing. It's implied that he's more talented and intelligent than Naruto but lags behind his peers because he can't be bothered to work hard. He'd be even worse if Sarada wasn't always nagging at him and setting a better example.
His laziness is due to him not having a proper upbringing. Sasuke lived a fairly comfortable life (before the whole massacred family thing) and worked his ass off. Similarly, Naruto was very lazy in many ways at the beginning of the series and could be a brat just like Boruto. He too grew up without parents or anyone to teach him proper work ethic save for Iruka (who could be argued to be a better father figure than Naruto based on what we saw in the movie). Yes he certainly worked hard when he put his mind to it, but he was also a troublesome kid who refused to do tasks because he found them to be beneath him. Naruto had to grow a lot as a character before he became the badass he is.

That's privilege. Naruto only succeeded because he had to work hard for every scrap of respect, whereas even when Boruto cheats to get ahead everyone just says "oh that's just to be expected of the Seventh's son."
Nobody knew he cheated. The moment they found out he did, everyone was appalled and Naruto stripped Boruto of his status. Any of the ninjas who performed that well would've been just as highly praised if not more since they might not have come from as prestigious a family. Yes having a natural advantage is a privilege, but there are plenty of cons to it in the world of Naruto (e.g. Obito, who had trouble living up to the expectations of his bloodline or people being hunted down for the Kekei Genki being am actual problem).

What I'm getting at is Boruto isn't lazy because of privilege, he is lazy because he had nobody to teach him the value of hard work. Same goes for his bratty behavior. That isn't privilege, that is neglect.

So essentially one new character with mitsuki

Thus better be priced reasonably

Technically 5. as stated, Boruto, Sarada, Naruto and Sasuke have entirely new movesets.

But some people think it doesn't count. I don't get it, though. Why would you deem character identity, something that doesn't matter during gameplay to be more important than actual part that matters in the gameplay, moveset, when determining if they count.

Cerium

Nobody knew he cheated.

You're misunderstanding the point. Boruto was demonstrating "skills" that were far beyond him, and yet people took it for granted due to his lineage; of course the Hokage's son would excel. Naruto on the other hand was always treated with disdain and suspicion because no one knew his lineage, and he had to work twice as hard for half as much recognition. Sasuke says as much in the movie.

Anyway Boruto is kind of a meh character, Sarada should be the real protagonist.

Lagamorph

I'd love to see CC2 do Yuyu Hakusho. Seems a pretty good fit for their game style.

I'd love to see CC2 do Yuyu Hakusho. Seems a pretty good fit for their game style.
I've been talking about/thinking a lot about YYH lately. I think CC2 would be a good fit for almost any anime property, but something about Yu Yu Hakusho just screams Warriors franchise. I've always thought a Bleach game under CC2 would be rad.

Anyone know If the dlc sepearates the pvp Community? Thinking of picking this up to play some pvp again but wonder how healthy the pvp Community is. Had a blast with it for ultimate ninja storm 2

Sesha

Anyone know If the dlc sepearates the pvp Community? Thinking of picking this up to play some pvp again but wonder how healthy the pvp Community is. Had a blast with it for ultimate ninja storm 2

No idea, but I wouldn't think so. I would assume the new characters are just added to the character select along with the rest.

Sesha

I wouldn't be surprised if Road to Boruto is based on the movie only, and that everything outside of that is future games material.

Top Bottom