• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden UNS: Generations |OT| Why is Shizune support only?

desu

Hey I forgot about Dosu, what a waste of an interesting character, I liked that guy, it seemed like they had bigger plans for him and then he gets swiftly killed off.
I'll begin clamoring for him when the next game is revealed.

No need for you to do that, fans have been doing that sins NH1 or 2 ... (so ever since the series of games by CC2 started).

Desmond

Managed to find bigger images of the trophies, if anyone cares.
47692ccd2937c49395cbe565747bc9f2.png

Here

Also some people are earning trophies already it seems, must work as a tester or something. I wonder what the Survival and Tournament trophies entail.

desu

Well I saw that some people already had the jp pre order soundtrack in their hands, wouldnt be surprised if the first people get their games these days.

Desmond

Well I saw that some people already had the jp pre order soundtrack in their hands, wouldnt be surprised if the first people get their games these days.

I wonder if I still get the OST with my pre-order. Namco Bandai Europe said it on one of their first trailers, but there hasn't been a peep out of them since.

Skidd

I'm amazed Konohamaru isn't playable.
and Shizune
A bummer really. But I guess he'd be just another Naruto..

Good to see substitution spamming gone. I just hope my dirty little dash attack is still possible.

IIRC, when you dash someone who is blocking, it pushes you both back a little, leaving you vulnerable. I usually used this as an opportunity to attack the other player with an assist like Naruto or Sasuke. The other player always gets hit because they are stuck in an animation, good times.

bubnbob

Banned
Am I crazy or do I see an alarming lack of online achievements? And titles? scratch that i see titles And all the annoying stuff? :D

Desmond

Am I crazy or do I see an alarming lack of online achievements? And titles? And all the annoying stuff? :D

We'll probably need a few online titles(hopefully not), but you only need 80% for a trophy. If the tournament/survival trophies aren't online, it would be great

edit: beaten

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So, from a fully explorable 3D town, to static backgrounds, to no exploration at all, and just a series of fights now?

Sigh... :(.

Khezu

It's just for a tournament Namco Bandai are running, they are ''the Duo of Faith''. When you put certain characters on the same team, they get a title. i.e Naruto w/Sasuke = ''Best Friends''

I still don't see how naruto and sasuke are supposed to be best friends, even when they were on the same team they barely got along, and now sasuke's gone totally batshit crazy and is trying to kill naruto as a desperate attempt to stay relevant to the plot.

I would think the shadow jutsu kid would be his BFF jill.

Desmond

I still don't see how naruto and sasuke are supposed to be best friends, even when they were on the same team they barely got along, and now sasuke's gone totally batshit crazy and is trying to kill naruto as a desperate attempt to stay relevant to the plot.

I would think the shadow jutsu kid would be his BFF jill.

the best friends is in apostrophes!

Tizoc

Kabutomaru is officially called Kabuto Yakushi Snake Cloak

We'll just call him Kabutomaru for short =V

Sorry for asking this (again) but anyone know what the install size for the PS3 ver. is if anyone saw what the back of the game's box is like?

Desmond

We'll just call him Kabutomaru for short =V

Sorry for asking this (again) but anyone know what the install size for the PS3 ver. is if anyone saw what the back of the game's box is like?
I'm searching but am having no luck.

I can't navigate 2ch at all
KuGsj.gif

BlackJace

Preordered yesterday.

I'm actually really excited for the tournaments. Seems like a simple mode that was overlooked for the past two games. Can't wait.

BlackJace

Downloaded the demo, but I honestly have no idea how to play/what I'm doing. -.-

Circle is Taijutsu (basic attack)
Triangle is Load Chakra (hold to charge)
Square is throw shurikens/kunai
X is jump

R2 is block
Triangle+Circle is your ninjutsu
Double tapping Triangle at full Chakra is your Ougi (ultimate attack)

Charging your charkra when your health is low and holding it until the symbol is filled puts you in Awakening (super state)

Those are pretty much the basics, and sorry if I assume you haven't played a Storm game if you have lol.

Kokonoe

Banned
I wonder when the games will end up like DBZ, where they add in Movie/Filler characters.
Guren would be a nice choice.

eosos

Banned
Wish it released a few days earlier so that I could play it the whole week (spring break). I'll probably just rent it anyways though.

Kabuto

A Demo will be out today for US PSN members!
The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations demo will be making it’s way to the North American PlayStation Store this week on Tuesday, February 21st! The news comes from the official PlayStation blog. No details have been revealed as to what the demo will contain, but within the next 24 hours we are sure to know!

My impressions on the English demo:

- Chakra cancelling in-between combos is awesome and makes for much more interesting melee fighting compared to the first two UNS games

- English VA is decent, Naruto's suck (lol), and the way they say "Madara" is weird

- The Pain and Tobi AI were challenging, that was probably "Insane" difficulty

- Still no AA, but game still looks gorgeous

Here's a video I made of the full English demo for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErEl7AAOkZo

I tried to make use of the new mechanics as best I can.

*stares at credits in demo*

The Fifth Hokage: Tsunade
Brian Donovan

Jiraiya:
Steve Staley

Looks like Namco Bandai is learning from Capcom. I sure hope that's not in the final game. XD

Got a few questions about this series.

Are the supplies limited like most other anime games?

Does the price of the games stay at $60 for long?

money constraints here =3

Mr. Fix

Got a few questions about this series.

Are the supplies limited like most other anime games?

Does the price of the games stay at $60 for long?

money constraints here =3

I'm sure there'll be a ton of copies for this. The 2nd game sold over a mil in copies.

As for the price, no doubt it'll end up as a $40 game(that's how much I bought mine for) somewhere in the last quarter of the year.

Top Bottom