• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NASA's Juno Mission |OT| Now in orbit around Jupiter - New images released (9/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next step:

aQ8o618_460s.jpg

Xe4

Banned
Google, you're awsome, GAF you are too. I love science and humanity at times like this. Perfect 4th for me.

Still no official word if Juno is pointed at the Sun yet or not.

Emily Lakdawalla ‏@elakdawalla 1m1 minute ago
No, no official word. Big room full of media here at JPL who'd love to hear more updates on spacecraft status.

Wonder if they're saving that for the next livestream.

EDIT:
Team at @NASAJPL don’t think absence of news is worrying - asked for confirmation ahead of press conference so we can all calm down #juno

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Curiosity Rover ‏@MarsCuriosity 6m6 minutes ago

Sending you the highest of fives, @NASAJuno. Congratulations on achieving orbit at #Jupiter!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
NASA's Juno Mission ‏@NASAJuno

All rays on me. My solar panels now face the sun. I’m the farthest solar-powered spacecraft from Earth. #Jupiter

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
To those 900 people, thank you all! Very well done. I still can't believe they made it to within one second of their projections. Incredible.

Its nice to see everyones hard work coming to fruition. Such an awesome accomplishment. Hopefully everything goes well from here on out. I really wish there was as much interest in this stuff from people as the much less amazing and talented things people find joy in these days.

E3 was a mistake.

So cool. Wish they didn't have to shut the cam off for closer look :/

Late August is soo far away! Then again can't imagine what the wait was like for this team.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jason Henry ‏@JasonMHenry

#Juno recorded #Jupiter's moons in orbit during its approach. It's the first time we've ever captured full orbit of other celestial bodies.

I hope that video is released online. Blows my mind. Guys we just saw fucking Jupiter and its moons orbiting it in motion. The future is bright for space exploration.

rezn0r

This is so awesome.

Socreges: It caught a 'video' of sorts of the Galilean moons orbiting Jupiter as Juno approached. It's really incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom