• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nathan Fillion Deepfake as Natahn Drake Uncharted 4

It's a deepfake. The motion capture is literally the same because it just maps video to another face.
Yes he could have played that role but somehow I'm happy they never made a movie.

Last edited:

Keihart

The video makes it clear why ND still uses hand keyed animations and stylized character models, it always looks way more creepy just slapping real faces when it's not 99% real enough to fool us, our brains are way too good at noticing that something is missing in faces.

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
I always see people mention him as being the perfect Nathan Drake for a live action film, but in my opinion, James Roday from Psych would make a better Nathan Drake.

Mato

He kinda looks too goofy for the part. I'm not sure who I would go for. Maybe Hugh Jackman, 10 years ago.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Checking this guys wiki, he's done a shitload of content. Never knew this guy except for tv ads for a Canadian show where he's a cop.

No doubt, he's got acting experience, looks like him to a T, and it seems by his material he's also got Nathan Drake personality where he can be witty and do action stuff.

He's the prefect fit. Hell, the guys first name even matches.

Did ND base Drake off him?

synce

He was always the perfect Drake candidate to me, it was weird they never actually cast him.

SirTerry-T

Checking this guys wiki, he's done a shitload of content. Never knew this guy except for tv ads for a Canadian show where he's a cop.

No doubt, he's got acting experience, looks like him to a T, and it seems by his material he's also got Nathan Drake personality where he can be witty and do action stuff.

He's the prefect fit. Hell, the guys first name even matches.

Did ND base Drake off him?
Id say so, Naughty Dog base a lot of their character designs on actors, if you look around for their "raw" digital sculpts online it's pretty clear. Nathan Drake isn't a 100% match for his namesake actor but he's close enough to guess the character artists had Fillion in mind when designing him....the nose is the giveaway.

WGIsdbd.jpg

Last edited:

martino

this deepfake is amazing.
this scene too.
i need to re-watch a video version of uncharted 4.
i did the game with long pauses between because the rhythm didn't worked for me and i probably overlook the story of this episode in the end.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I really loved this game, maybe my favorite of the gen. I couldn't not see Nathan Fillion when watching Drake.

YukiOnna

Probably the closest I'll get to having my dream casting of Nathan Fillion for a proper Uncharted movie, lol.

Also, damn I miss U4. Such a good game.

TLZ

Banned
It'd be awesome if they incorporate deepfakes into character creation in games so we can scan our own faces. It'll look superb!

nehh not for me

drake is a 5'8-5'10 acrobat

now he's a 6'2 behemoth

so what lazarevic was 7'5?

all this soap opera drama

yo uncharted 3+ DNE

Last edited:

Tarkus98

Superb. Also enjoyed him in that live action skit he did as Drake too. He had all the little nuances down pat. Wish I could remember what it was called. For those that haven't seen it I think you'd enjoy it.

Shin

Banned
Speaking of Uncharted, Nolan North and the crew got together recently to do some retro talk.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Another one... He is extremely perfect. Even his voice would be the same if he dubbed it. I love it

Hulk_Smash

Banned

This is way better than I expected. Not movie level, but TV level for sure. I think Fillion is too old to play Drake as we know him in Uncharted 1-4, but an Uncharted where he plays an older Drake helping out his daughter? Yeah, I can see that. 4 left us with that impression that the next one might be more about his daughter. It'd be cool to get FIllion to mo-cap elder Drake for that game. I'd rather have that than a movie, honestly.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Why is she so pissed at him for helping his brother out? Yikes

I guess you haven't played the game. The story makes a big deal out of Nathan retiring as a treasure hunter. She's tired of risking hers and his lives all the time so she made him promise not to go back to that life. Which he wouldn't have, if it wasn't for his brother. He also repeatedly lies to her all throughout the story leading up to his scene. And she just NOW in this scenes finds out that he has a brother. A major family secret he kept from her for years. Yeah, I'd be pissed, too.

She ends up coming to terms with his good deed rather quickly and even joins in on helping him toward the end.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I love Fillion, but he's kinda old for this part now.

Maybe if they do a movie that is him being with that age, could work fine. Maybe CGI in his face?!

Someone should definitely tweet Nathan Fillion that. I'm sure he'd love it.

Now, if only the dumpster fire that is the production and casting of the official movie were somehow Thanos'd.

Top Bottom