• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

National Geographic Films Teenager Undergoing Gender Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienfan

The clip features Massachusetts teen Emmie Smith, 17, explaining her decision to undergo the procedure, and preparing for the surgery.
Smith – who is taking a gap year to help transition before starting college – explains that she allowed cameras in because she wanted to demystify the surgical process.
She said: “I think people are fascinated by gender reassignment surgery. They’re insatiably curious about it – but they also don’t know how to have a conversation about it.

The clip shows parts of the surgery in graphic detail, as her penis is removed and the skin transformed to create a vagina.

The teen says she has never regretting transitioning, adding: “Being closeted was one of the worst parts of my life.
“If you’re not living freely that’s time wasted, and I felt my time was wasted pretending to be a boy. [Coming out] was the best decision in my life.”

Source

National Geographic Article

A really fascinating glimpse behind the scenes and rare footage of gender affirmation surgery (it's a pretty incredible procedure!), I haven't been able to find the new Gender Revolution National Geographic issue, but it should be rolling out this month for anyone interested. And the full documentary will be on National Geographic on Monday, Feb. 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom