• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NaturalVision Evolved – GTA V Graphics Release Trailer

Salz01

This makes me sad. It’s kind of how I thought next gen console versions would look when it was announced years ago. I’m happy for PC modders that can figure this shit out get it running, but I’ll never figure it out with my pc and get this working.

SZips

Wow, that actually looks very nice.

If I ever get a GPU upgrade and feel like playing GTA5 again, I'll have to check this out.

It blows my mind how indie developers, modders and teams of 1-5 people can create something so damn good in far less time than major studios / publishers.
Because these modders are not working for a company. The same way employees of BMW can't just add their own spin to BMW products.

Modders work without constraints. Rockstar employees are the exact opposite and are slaves to their executive overlords. If given free reign the devs at Rockstar would be able to create something better than this.

nikos

I've always preferred vanilla GTA V to the mods I've seen, but this one actually looks good. I may try it out.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Because these modders are not working for a company. The same way employees of BMW can't just add their own spin to BMW products.

Modders work without constraints. Rockstar employees are the exact opposite and are slaves to their executive overlords. If given free reign the devs at Rockstar would be able to create something better than this.
Thats a good analogy.
BMWs engines regularly can do super car horsepower in near stock trim with some light tuning and boltons sometimes literally just an ECU tune telling the engine make 700HP please, and it just does it.

Its amazing that small tuner shops that dont need to get an engine to pass emissions can do what a huge company like BMW cant do.
Except you know actually make the engine from scratch or have the car pass emissions and safety.

Modding an already made game by basically tuning settings that someone already made for you is very different to actually making that game.
GTAV is supposed to run "well" on a plethora of hardware.
I wonder how many different hardware configurations this could actually run on at a stable rate.

Thats a good analogy.
BMWs engines regularly can do super car horsepower in near stock trim with some light tuning and boltons sometimes literally just an ECU tune telling the engine make 700HP please, and it just does it.

Its amazing that small tuner shops that dont need to get an engine to pass emissions can do what a huge company like BMW cant do.
Except you know actually make the engine from scratch or have the car pass emissions and safety.

Modding an already made game by basically tuning settings that someone already made for you is very different to actually making that game.
I wonder how many different hardware configurations this could actually run on at a stable rate.
Not on that one, they used for the trailer footage... 30fps? blergh :D

Liamario

Banned
It all looks great, but none of it matters if it means the game is going to perform like ass. Some of the changes like road textures are never going to be noticed unless you go looking for it for example.

That looks great.

Happy Well Done GIF

Myths

I never did like their road textures. I always use LA ROADS mod. And yeah, the game will be sluggish if you’re using ReShade RTGI.

Yep
Thats a good analogy.

Very accurate. It also shows the lack of understanding production budgets and constraints in actual job environments. If anyone does modding here for the game, you could see most of the files are just changed to values fed to an already built engine. A bit of scripting flags used to modify in-game behaviors.

The more interesting parts are shaders written for ENB, many of which are just tonemapping, DOF, and lighting control with respect to in-game time.

Is the trailer impressive? Well, they should have used in-game footage and not the RockStar Editor which renders the game with max settings and their own post-processing effects for the cinematic look. Better to have used real-time footage because I can tell you it won’t look like the trailer of course.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Yea the editing in that trailer was fantastic.
Managed to make a decade old game look more next gen than what R* put out for thier GTA V port.

Some of these modders are really putting studios to shame.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
It blows my mind how indie developers, modders and teams of 1-5 people can create something so damn good in far less time than major studios / publishers.
It blows my mind that anyone would think this comparison makes sense. This game is 9 years old and was released on PC to run on hardware that is even older. So what if a small team decided to tinker with it? And what times are you actually comparing? They tweaked some of the graphics. How long did it take them and what is your comparison for a major studio? Last of us remastered remake?

Spyxos

Very well made trailer. I would like to try it out, but i don't want to get a ban. Do we know what specs are minimum to run? Does it use raytracing and dlss?

AdamTank83

Neo Member
This makes me sad. It’s kind of how I thought next gen console versions would look when it was announced years ago. I’m happy for PC modders that can figure this shit out get it running, but I’ll never figure it out with my pc and get this working.
Exactly the same for Mr, I wanna be able to get this and even tried tutorials but I just cannot seem to do it. I would love to download and play this though, um just not good with mods at all. It's the reason I bought a gaming pc hut I didn't expect it to be so much work getting it to run

ultrazilla

Gold Member

Comment from Razed on his Youtube video:

Razed-This is the final cinematic trailer in the NaturalVision series. Thank you for tuning in throughout the years and supporting our work. Feel free to try out the Single Player Beta by visiting my website. The mod is in active development and will have a full release in the future. You can keep up with news and updates by joining my discord server. Hope you enjoy!

I presume they'll continue work on it but they're not going to release trailers like this anymore? A bit confused about this.

Anyways, I joined his Patreon for a month a little earlier in the year just so I could get the mod.

It's totally worth the money to grab it. Makes the game look incredible. I had to have my son install it for me as he's really freaking smart. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If Razed could make a self installing Natural Vision Evolved exe it would be so much easier for people. I suspect a lot of people don't want to touch the mod
because of the complexity of getting it running.

Still, incredible work by Razed and his team!

Last edited:

wvnative

Came to post these sentiments. Espicially GTA V specifically, the PS5/SX upgrade is a joke. Visual fidelity didn't change.

Top Bottom