• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NaturalVision Evolved – GTA V Graphics Release Trailer

I'm still trying to figure out what specifically about the video in the OP just doesn't trick my eyes the right way, like this video:

realistic lighting is incredibly complex and difficult to emulate, that's what ray tracing is aiming to achieve. Most of us (including me) can't really pinpoint what's off but we know it when we see it. The trailer is flashy, but there's a flat cartoony vibe to the lighting that immediately makes it feel off. Still just looks like an old game.

I have seen better. Five years ago there was a very promissing project. Unfortunately, the creator passed before its completion. He had done some amazing things with GTA IV and Watch Dogs prior that were publicly shared.

Sometimes realistic lighting isn't the most colorful or brightest. It's the subtle depth everything has. Too bad about that creator.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I have seen better. Five years ago there was a very promissing project. Unfortunately, the creator passed before its completion. He had done some amazing things with GTA IV and Watch Dogs prior that were publicly shared.

That looks amazing too

niilokin

A lot of AAA games have weird looking shaders in diffused lighting like overcast day outdoor environments. The colors get washed out for some reason when local color should pop the most under diffused light and when AO and materials look correct then it creates a very realistic look.

Top Bottom