• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog Confirms No New Info On Factions At TLOU Day

Flutta

Banned
With all due respect, devs working in California are getting a bit too distracted with less productivity. I think Sony, the mother company, should push SIE to focus more elsewhere to build a more productive studios in countries with devs that are extremely eager to work on new games.

I have extreme doubts that TLOU Factions needs all this time, it's a fucking online game and I don't expect they're planning to make it Fortnite killer for instance
Yup. Bo you are too kind 😜. I’m more blunt and straight too the point. Western AAA devs specielly in the US are too soft, too entitled, a bunch of wimps, their hiring are too focusing on whats between your legs, their focus is too much on ”The Message” . And the results? You either get a mess of a game or a delayed game or both.

ND and a many more studio has fallen victim to the mentally ill and the ESB ratings.

Last edited:
MP is broken in some elements with weapons but it still holds up, it’s my most played game on PS5. Can’t understand what is taking them so long.

RagnarokIV

TLOU3 plot:

The game is set 10 years after the events of The Last Of Us Part 2, in which Ellie spared Abby’s life and left her to sail away with Lev. Ellie has been living in a small community of survivors in the UK, trying to cope with the trauma of losing Joel and her friends. She has also been searching for a cure for the Cordyceps infection, hoping to honor Joel’s sacrifice and redeem herself.

One day, she receives a radio message from an old acquaintance, Tommy, who tells her that he has found Abby and Lev in London. He says that they have joined a group of rebels who are fighting against a tyrannical militia called the Union Jacks, led by a ruthless warlord named Pat Tate (Craig Fairbrass). Tommy also reveals that Abby has been working on a cure for the infection, using her own immunity as a source. He urges Ellie to come to London and help them finish the cure, before Tate finds out and kills them all.

Ellie decides to go to London, hoping to find closure and forgiveness. She travels across the country, encountering various factions of survivors, infected, and wildlife. Along the way, she meets an old man named Norman (Robert Redford), who claims to be a former journalist and a friend of Joel’s. He offers to accompany Ellie to London, saying that he has some unfinished business there.

Meanwhile, in London, Abby and Lev are part of the Resistance, a group of rebels who oppose Tate’s rule. They are led by Simon Riley (Michael Biehn), a former soldier who wears a skull mask and goes by the codename Ghost. Riley is a charismatic and fearless leader, who inspires his followers to fight for freedom and justice. He also has a personal vendetta against Tate, who killed his family and friends.

Abby has been secretly working on a cure for the infection, using her own blood samples and equipment salvaged from an abandoned hospital. She is assisted by Sam Fisher (Michael Ironside), a former spy and hacker who helps her communicate with other immune people around the world. Abby hopes to find a way to mass-produce the cure and distribute it to everyone who needs it.

However, Tate is aware of Abby’s activities and plans to capture her and use her as a weapon. He believes that he can use her blood to create an army of super-soldiers who are immune to the infection and loyal to him. He also wants to eliminate the Resistance and anyone who opposes him. He has a network of spies and informants who report his enemies’ movements and locations.

The game follows Ellie’s journey to London and her reunion with Abby and Lev. It also explores the conflict between the Resistance and the Union Jacks, as well as the personal struggles of each character.

parody

Last edited:
Yup. Bo you are too kind 😜. I’m more blunt and straight too the point. Western AAA devs specielly in the US are too soft, too entitled, a bunch of wimps, their hiring are too focusing on whats between your legs, their focus is too much on ”The Message” . And the results? You either get a mess of a game or a delayed game or both.

ND and a many more studio has fallen victim to the mentally ill and the ESB ratings.
Lol all these "American" studios are already outsourcing the grunt work to Asia.

Flutta

Banned
Lol all these "American" studios are already outsourcing the grunt work to Asia.
And still they suck at what they do. Amazing innit 🤣

Either way my interest in western games is dwindling further each gen.

Watch everything crash and burn and Asien games getting more popular than before.

geary

Bpr9u8s.jpg

saintjules

May not see this game.

Despite hit ratings for the recent HBO adaptation of The Last Of Us, a multiplayer spin-off for the zombie shooter based on the first game's Factions mode has struggled in development. Bloomberg reported in June that Sony had diverted resources away from the project following a negative internal review by Bungie, the recently acquired live-service powerhouse behind Destiny 2. One source now tells Kotaku that the multiplayer game, while not completely canceled, is basically on ice at this point.

Top Bottom