• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog hiring 19 people... maybe a third team?

Theman2k

Environment Artist or Texture artist for me :)
working at that place for me will be like a dream coming true.
one day... not too far.

slider

I don't know a thing about any of those roles but I don't think I'd be very good at any of them. And the more technical they got the worse I'd be.

Nah they are just ramping up for next gen. Many studios do this now. Quantic Dream for example currently has 18 open positions as well etc.

A 3rd team ?!, if that is really the case, then HELL YEAH, Naughty Dogs are extremely talented, a 3rd team would be great, more of their games, more power to us.

Takao

Banned
Third team? What the hell?

What other developers have 3 teams? I honestly can't think of one. Bioware?

SCE Japan Studio definitely does. Probably Capcom, Square Enix, Level-5, and Nintendo too. For western companies, maybe EA Canada, and Visceral?

And it would free up Bend Studio to develop their own IP for Vita. They deserve it.

If ND were to make a Vita game I wouldn't assume that would mean Bend is off the hook for Uncharted. Whatever ND would make on Vita would probably be a new IP ala Tearaway vs. LittleBigPlanet PSVita. Interestingly, Tearaway was developed by a small team ...

Instro

They would need way more people to develop any more games than they do right now. Just general staff increase and to replace people who have left I would imagine.

AznSniper

They would need way more people to develop any more games than they do right now. Just general staff increase and to replace people who have left I would imagine.

This. Now that The Last of Us has gone gold. Some staff members may have left or if their contract is up. And now they need to ramp up for production on their PS4 title.

Top Bottom