• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
NCCjJrS.jpg

Thursday, June 1, 9 p.m. ET: Cleveland Cavaliers at Golden State Warriors | ABC
Sunday, June 4, 8 p.m.: Cleveland Cavaliers at Golden State Warriors | ABC
Wednesday, June 7, 9 p.m.: Golden State Warriors at Cleveland Cavaliers | ABC
Friday, June 9, 9 p.m.: Golden State Warriors at Cleveland Cavaliers | ABC
*Monday, June 12, 9 p.m.: Cleveland Cavaliers at Golden State Warriors | ABC
*Thursday, June 15, 9 p.m.: Golden State Warriors at Cleveland Cavaliers | ABC
*Sunday, June 18, 8 p.m.: Cleveland Cavaliers at Golden State Warriors | ABC

*If Necessary

For the 3rd straight year, the Cleveland Cavaliers will face the Golden State Warriors in the NBA finals. The Cavaliers, despite struggling to a second seed in a weak East, blast through the playoffs in convincing fashion. Fueled by incredible performances by Lebron James and occasionally Kyrie Irving, the Cavaliers went 12-1 in the playoffs so far. Not to outdone, but the Golden State Warriors, this years favorites went an absurd 12-0 in the playoffs. The Golden State Warriors, despite adding perennial top-5 player in the league Kevin Durant, the Warriors ended up with a worse record. But, the Warriors have done everything possible to prove themselves in the playoffs, sweeping 3 good teams in the Blazers, Jazz and the Spurs. The Warriors are led by the aforementioned Kevin Durant, along with Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and firecracker Draymond Green. This years finals may feature the best versions of these Cavs and Warriors teams, both team have seemingly hit their peaks at the right time.

Lineups:

Cleveland Cavliers

PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: JR Smith
SF: Lebron James
PF: Kevin Love
C: Tristan Thompson

Golden State Warriors

PG: Steph Curry
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Draymond Green
C: Zaza Pachulia

r3QruH3.gif

yuraya

Its too much of a matchup nightmare for the Cavs. Warriors in 4.

Durant will get his finals mvp.

Expecting Draymond to call Lebron a bitch again forcing Lebron to Q_Q about it like he did last year to get Green suspended but it won't work this time.

Cavs in 6. Love is actually playing up to his potential this year & Kyrie and LeBron are better than ever. A full extra year of coaching experience under Lie's belt as well.

3N16MA

Banned
How many times does this have to play out until the Knicks get their chance?

Think of the Knicks!

All I can ask for is a 7 game entertaining series. I will go with the Cavs just to keep it in the East.

Home town bias in me is saying Warriors in 4. Bay-Area GAF mount up!

Game 5 is my birthday though so that's cool if they win that day as well. But naw....

W A L I S B O Y Z

Git'em Steph

K5lQTDN.gif

If Kevin Durant isn't worth one freaking win against a team you almost beat last year, he's the most overrated player of all time.

Dubs in 7.

Go Cavs! Hoping for a 6 or 7 game series, but I think the Warriors will sweep. Can't be disappointed if I go in expecting​ the worst!

DopeToast

Banned
Thank god that last thread is closed. Go Cavs, although I'm not very confident. I'm so glad we one last year, making a potential loss this year not so sour.

Hoping for good basketball either way.

Jarmel

Banned
Cavs in 6. I just think the Warriors are going to be too rusty in Game 1 and they'll lose either Game 2 or 5.

Dynomutt

No one will post that image more than me if the Warriors win. The meaning of that image will completely change once Lebron is a 5 time NBA finals loser.

skeptical_third_world_kid.jpg

And how many Finals you go to? LBJ on his worst day is still better than you at your best. Stop being a hater.

Warriors has too much offense. 6/7 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom