• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition Announced (Digital Download, October)

The computer can be unbelievably unfair at times too. I don't just mean the computer players start playing better, I will miss crucial dunks with guys that have a 10 rating.

Cudder

How hard does this game get on the Gold/platinum challenges in Road Trip? I really want 100% trophies but i will not go through an insane amount of raging to get there.

That said, as much as this game pisses me off, it's still the only thing I've been playing since it came out.

The challenges that make dunks and alley oops worth more have been harder for me. The computers really good at blocking and stealing and, like I've said, I've missed crucial dunks. I played one platinum challenge and beat it on my first try. It was very close but surprisingly easier than a lot of the gold challenges.

I love the rage quits. messages i've gotten, someone called me "cheap hoe" which was funny becuse the Ai was shutting him down and i was barely doing anything. I also got told "you play like a bitch" some guy kept shoving me and then i got the hang of shoving and pushed him a ton of times :)

Still having fun, great game when you learn to pivot the shoves and all the nuances to becoming better. Taking on the road trip at the moment. Looks like i'll be able to get 200/200 achivements on this one.

Still loving the announcer, still hearig new stuff.

That was ugly, but still good enough to be taken to the prom

A man is on fire and nobody even noticed

I am Spartacus!

So is anyone else kinda miffed that they didn't include any of the additional features from the previous game that no one bought? I actually just ordered a brand new copy of NBA Jam (2010) because I finally got around to playing NBA Jam OFE and had a blast with a friend (AI Gasol is a beast!) but I want to play the Remix Tour & Boss Battles now. From what I remember, some of that stuff can be played co-op so I'd love to go through that with a friend.

bumpkin

The computer can be unbelievably unfair at times too. I don't just mean the computer players start playing better, I will miss crucial dunks with guys that have a 10 rating.
Yeah, it gets pretty ridiculous at times. My favorite is when the game stops even trying to hide the CPU assistance/rubber-band and you see shit like your AI opponents' speed suddenly double. As much as I love Jam for the multiplayer with friends, the gold and diamond challenges have almost brought me to the point of spiking my controller on the floor a few times. There was one I actually gave up on and will never even try again.

Artificial difficulty pisses me off. Whoever worked on the AI deserves a cock punch that is so hard and so direct that their gonads rupture on impact.

AwRy108

Yeah, it gets pretty ridiculous at times. My favorite is when the game stops even trying to hide the CPU assistance/rubber-band and you see shit like your AI opponents' speed suddenly double. As much as I love Jam for the multiplayer with friends, the gold and diamond challenges have almost brought me to the point of spiking my controller on the floor a few times. There was one I actually gave up on and will never even try again.

Artificial difficulty pisses me off. Whoever worked on the AI deserves a cock punch that is so hard and so direct that their gonads rupture on impact.

Sadly, the series has always been this way. The AI was so cheap on the PSOne version of NBA Jam that, to counter balance it, the game was coded so that the CPU opponents would actually sit down on the court whenever they were leading by more than 10 points. I'm not kidding.

Consequently, this was the first disc-based game that I ripped out of my console and chucked into a wall, causing a chip to fly out of the disc; and, as if to taunt me further, the game still played fine...

Does the game still have frequent technical problems on the 360?

I was having freezing issues, but I deleted all my saves and the game (download again doesn't work unless you delete the game first) and then downloaded it again and since then I haven't had issues. I heard that if you bought the game within the trial version, there were issues with it so thats why I tried that and it seemed to work for me.

Top Bottom