• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

plus

lol Rose is terrible on D and has tunnel vision when driving in for a layup, which he'll do like 9/10 times. He's not a drive and 'dish' pg, he's a drive and try a crazy ass layup that'll make you go 'wow' when he makes it, but shake your head when he doesn't.

and that 10% time he does pass out of a drive, you better hope he doesn't try that stupid jump pass crap that often results in turnovers. He put up empty stats on the knicks and froze KP the fuck out every time they were on the floor.

He'd be ideal in a scoring 6th man role, but I don't know if Cleveland is that team when they are best with spot up shooters surrounding their playmakers (rose is not).

Line_HTX

Why would GM BG want Rose? Dude is sawft as fuuck.

aPBqeCd.png

Rachel Nichols tweeted that apparently the Lakers are in on a Derrick Rose bidding war.

I think the camps are on a conference call like

"You take him!"
"No, you take him!"
"You called him first!"
"Not our fault, he called us!"

Servbot24

Banned
Obviously I would never watch a Knicks game by choice, but from what I understood D Rose can still play decently, it's just a gamble on if he actually is on the court? That's honestly not a bad gamble to take if you're a team that's not gong to make the playoffs anyways and you need a backup guard.

Fuck it, hope the Lakers land Rose. He can at least take some media pressure off the young Lakers, especially Lonzo. Young and Lou Williams are gone so they need some bench scoring.

Rose has already made over 200 million from the NBA and Adidas so he can at least play the role of bill payer on nights out with the boys.

Fuck it, hope the Lakers land Rose. He can at least take some media pressure off the young Lakers, especially Lonzo. Young and Lou Williams are gone so they need some bench scoring.

Rose has already made over 200 million from the NBA and Adidas so he can at least play the role of bill payer on nights out with the boys.

I want rose as far away from the Lakers as possible. He's atrocious on D, he's a ball dominant PG, he's god awful from 3 and he's a primadonna. He brings nothing to the team accept ball handling. He's taking a one year deal so he can prove his worth and land a better deal. Meaning if he comes in off the bench behind Ball he'll be unhappy he isn't getting the minutes he needs to do that.

mjp2417

Banned
I want rose as far away from the Lakers as possible. He's atrocious on D, he's a ball dominant PG, he's god awful from 3 and he's a primadonna. He brings nothing to the team accept ball handling. He's taking a one year deal so he can prove his worth and land a better deal. Meaning if he comes in off the bench behind Ball he'll be unhappy he isn't getting the minutes he needs to do that.

Yeah, I don't get the Lakers fit at all

beat

Obviously I would never watch a Knicks game by choice, but from what I understood D Rose can still play decently, it's just a gamble on if he actually is on the court? That's honestly not a bad gamble to take if you're a team that's not gong to make the playoffs anyways and you need a backup guard.
Do you mean injuries or do you mean going AWOL for a game?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rose hasn't even been replacement level decent the last few years. It doesn't hurt the Cavs though unless hes somehow still on the roster come the playoffs, hes honestly just a body to soak up minutes in the regular season (and really given his history not even good at this). Dude is finished.

Personally I don't want him, but on a cheap one year deal it's pretty low risk. If he acts up you cut his ass.

As for why they are looking at him, it's probably to add someone off the bench who can score and get his own shot. Especially if they move Clarkson. It's a meh move either way.

Rose hasn't even been replacement level decent the last few years. It doesn't hurt the Cavs though unless hes somehow still on the roster come the playoffs, hes honestly just a body to soak up minutes in the regular season (and really given his history not even good at this). Dude is finished.

When he played over the last 2 seasons he was decent. The Cavs clearly aren't getting MVP Rose but I'd be pretty happy as a contender to get him on a cheap deal.

Dragun619

Sucks for how Rose's value fell, but If ya gonna come off the bench anyway, then ya gotta at least do it for a contender. Not even sure how the Lakers can even beat the Cavs playoffs pitch unless Rose is looking for more money.

Sucks for how Rose's value fell, but If ya gonna come off the bench anyway, then ya gotta at least do it for a contender. Not even sure how the Lakers can even beat the Cavs playoffs pitch unless Rose is looking for more money.
It's really about play time which the Lakers can likely give more of.

Again, I think he's worth it to help shoulder the media obligations that young Lonzo will likely carry.

Sandfox

Chris Haynes‏Verified account @ChrisBHaynes 9m9 minutes ago

ESPN Sources: Derrick Rose completed approximate 3-hour meeting with Los Angeles Lakers. Both sides felt good about it. Deliberation time.
That's longer than I was expecting.

Top Bottom