• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Street Homecourt - Baller's Official Thread!

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
nbaop.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

Title: NBA Street: Homecourt (aka NBA Street v4)
Platform: Xbox 360, Playstation 3
Genre: Sports, Basketball
Developer: EA Canada
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Release Date (X360): JPN - ??? ; USA - 02/20/07; EU - 03/23/07
Release Date (PS3): JPN - ??? ; USA - 03/6/07; EU - 03/23/07
Official Site: http://www.easports.com/nbastreet4/
Modes: Singleplayer, Multiplayer, System Link, Xbox Live

nbabox.jpg

Xbox.com Information

* Experience the new Trick Remixer: The game is truly in your hands with an all-new ball control system. Create tricks on the fly as you control your player's tempo, rhythm, and ball-handling skills. String together the perfect blend of passes, shots, and awe-inspiring moves.
* Play in electrifying Gamebreaker Battles: Put a personal stamp on your game with momentum-swinging Gamebreaker moments or watch your lead slip away as your rival steals your golden opportunity.
* Become a Homecourt Hero: Go from unknown to streetball legend by dominating rivals as you strive to put your court on the map. Create a baller, build his game, and see your confidence build as your reputation grows with every win.
* Develop a Legend: Earn the right to challenge NBA stars like Carmelo Anthony and Rip Hamilton on their own real-life homecourts. Defeat these hometown heroes on their own courts and watch the league's best come after you.
* Create the Ultimate Baller: Blend the attributes of your favorite NBA icons to create the ultimate street baller. Mix and match the likes of Vince Carter and LeBron James for hops, Allen Iverson and Chris Paul for ball handling, and Ray Allen and Peja Stojakovic for shooting skills.
* Elevate your game: Bragging rights are up for grabs. Leap off your teammate's shoulders to bring down the house with all-new Jump-Off Dunks.
* Take your game online: Represent your homecourt and your created player by taking on the nation's best ballers online, anywhere, anytime via Xbox Live®.

Screenshots

nba-street-homecourt-20070110051717663.jpg

nba-street-homecourt-20070110051714819.jpg

nba-street-homecourt-20061221001155499.jpg

nba-street-homecourt-20061215040828238.jpg

nba-street-homecourt-20061204012519847.jpg

Soundtrack

* 456 Productions - "Acoustic Banger"
* Aceyalone - "Find Out"
* Chris Joss - "I'm So Electric"
* Connie Price - "Western Champion"
* Diverse - "Certified"
* Fort Knox - "The Brazilian Hipster"
* Good Brothers - "Rock With Us"
* Haiku D'Etat - "?"
* Herbaliser - "Gotta Funk"
* Kabanjak Meets Protasov - "To The Bone"
* Kemo - "B-Boy Syphe pt. III"
* Kemo - "J-Bizzel"
* Kemo - "Reason2BFunkay"
* Kemo - "Sugar Hill Swing"
* Kemo - "EA Sports 80's Jam"
* Kemo - "FunkedIf-I-Know"
* Kwame - "Hold That Vers2"
* Kwame - "Risk"
* Kwame - "This is How"
* May Day - "Mayday"
* RJD2 - "NBA Street pt. 3"
* RJD2 - "NBA Street pt. 2"
* RJD2 - "NBA Street pt. 1"
* RJD2 - "Act - 2"
* RJD2 - "Solomon Jones"
* Pharoahe Monch - "Push"

Achievements

1. Freaked (40)
Reach Level 5 In Homecourt Challenge Mode.
2. Named (50)
Reach Level 10 In Homecourt Challenge Mode.
3. Ash Park Champ (50)
Complete The Ash Park Tournament In Homecourt Challenge Mode.
4. Online Showdown (30)
Play 10 Games Online.
5. Dialing Long Distance (50)
Complete 7 Successful Long Distance Shots In A Single Game.
6. Dunkalicious (50)
Perform 5 Successful Jump-Off Dunks In A Single Game.
7. Doubling Up (50)
Perform 3 Successful Double Dunks In A Single Game.
8. Tricked Out (50)
Perform 10 Successful Trick Moves In A Single Game.
9. GB Insanity (50)
Perform 4 Gamebreakers In A Single Game.
10. Ultimate Finish (50)
Win A Game With A Gamebreaker.
11. Seeing Double (60)
Level Up 2 Different Created Ballers To Level 10.
12. Rupert Bell Champ (70)
Complete The Rupert Bell Tournament In Homecourt Challenge Mode.
13. King of the Court (70)
Win 10 consecutive games in Online.
14. Mastered (80)
Reach Level 15 In Homecourt Challenge Mode.
15. Cloverdale Champ (100)
Complete The Cloverdale Tournament In Homecourt Challenge Mode.
16. Ultimate Journey (150)
Complete The Homecourt Challenge Mode.

Reviews

IGN -
Official Xbox Magazine -
Electronic Gaming Monthly -
Game Informer -

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wonderful thread, why did this take so long!

I''m getting this TOMORROW along with Crackdown (which is already paid off). :)

i be getting this shit asap :D also we should get a baller tourney going

I call the Cavs and Xbox 360 of course Sony Online = no

Yes i have a PS3 and im buying VF5

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'll roll with the Atlanta Hawks if I have to. :lol

And I didn't even know about the achievements. Nice (easy) stuff.

Hunahan

Banned
Two things really dissapoint me about Homecourt.

1) The create-a-character mode is so limited. I can't shake the feeling it's just done this way so that they don't need to create new assets.

2) There aren't any "legend" players? Unlocking the Dr Js and Magic Johnsons of the game were always the best part about the series....laaaaaame.

Still, the demo was really fun. I just think people are being too loose on EA which is yet again introducing a "next gen" version for more money that has distinctly less content from what I can tell........

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Hunahan said:
2) There aren't any "legend" players? Unlocking the Dr Js and Magic Johnsons of the game were always the best part about the series....laaaaaame.

That does suck. I think the novelty (of this series) has really wore thin w/ me. I liked 2 and 3, but they were diversions.

luffeN

so, we already had some discuccsion about 1080p in homecourt.

today i got a german press release from ea stating that the game will run in 1080p AND 60 fps.

some of you said that its most likely that the 60 fps go hand in hand with 720p and 30 fps with 1080p.

so, who is right? :D

DCX

DCX
man...it's between this and MLB 2k7 for me...i really don't know which way to go...eventually i will get both games, i am sure of that, but which one am i going to go with first...ugh. I'll just wait until the reviews come in for both titles i guess.

DCX

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
DaCocoBrova said:
That does suck. I think the novelty (of this series) has really wore thin w/ me. I liked 2 and 3, but they were diversions.
Loved 2, but 3 really didn't "click" for me. That being said, the demo was a fun diversion, and I'll probably end up buying it sooner rather than later.

MMaRsu

Banned
I'm so between this and Crackdown, I loved and played both demo's to death man..only got money for 1 :(

bdoughty

Banned
DCX said:
man...it's between this and MLB 2k7 for me...i really don't know which way to go...eventually i will get both games, i am sure of that, but which one am i going to go with first...ugh. I'll just wait until the reviews come in for both titles i guess.

DCX

It was the same way but for me the longevity of MLB 2K7 vs a Street game, plus the fact 2K7 is coming out next week won me over. I just can't see spending $59.99 on a Street title since I never play online. Will either be a rental or wait for it to drop in price.

Edit: Plus as someone mentioned above Street 3 left a sour taste in my mouth after the greatness that was V2.

Kingpen

dskillzhtown said:
Best Buy is supposed to have this by 2PM today.

I called up my bestbuy and they said the ad was a typo, and that they don't guarantee it until 2 pm tomorrow (the 21st)....

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Kingpen said:
I called up my bestbuy and they said the ad was a typo, and that they don't guarantee it until 2 pm tomorrow (the 21st)....

DAYUM!!!! BEST BUY I DAMN THEEEE!!!!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Anybody know why the PS3 version doesn't come out til the 6th? Both next gen versions of Def Jam are currently scheduled to come to come out on the 6th together...

BojTrek

Banned
The demo is OK...

But here is the reason I will not buy it... NO MICHAEL JORDAN...

They had him in previous games... sign him to a contract you EA pricks... they have so much money, I would lock up all the greats... LAME!

The demo was ok, I played it maybe 10 times... the graphics are pretty sweet on the X-Box 360.

The create-a-player is pretty lame... I want to create myself without morphing two white boys together...

dskillzhtown

BojTrek said:
The demo is OK...

But here is the reason I will not buy it... NO MICHAEL JORDAN...

They had him in previous games... sign him to a contract you EA pricks... they have so much money, I would lock up all the greats... LAME!

For all that anger, you could do a little research. They do have MJ under contract, but he decides what game he wants to be in. They do have every single Air Jordan ever made in the game. So I guess that was his trade off.

As far as the greats, I have to wonder if the NBA had something to do with that. Not like the All Star weekend celebrated the past of the league at all. Maybe they are preferring their games follow their lead and only care about new stars.

BojTrek

Banned
It is really not anger... merely disappointment...

It would be cool for me to wear the Air Jordan's since I have owned 2-3 of almost every pair... but the create-a-player is weak.

I want Michael Jordan in games... not only his shoes... but his likeness and skill.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone know of any online tournament settings for this?

And can I take a NBA player through the game or do I have to create a player?

Zep

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
For all that anger, you could do a little research. They do have MJ under contract, but he decides what game he wants to be in. They do have every single Air Jordan ever made in the game. So I guess that was his trade off.

As far as the greats, I have to wonder if the NBA had something to do with that. Not like the All Star weekend celebrated the past of the league at all. Maybe they are preferring their games follow their lead and only care about new stars.

Then why does 2k7 have throwback players readily available? I dont buy that story at all. Pisses me off because it's not like we can see a NBA Street X next year. 09' it is!

dskillzhtown

BojTrek said:

It would be cool for me to wear the Air Jordan's since I have owned 2-3 of almost every pair... but the create-a-player is weak.

I want Michael Jordan in games... not only his shoes... but his likeness and skill.

I hear ya, but it is up to MJ. I thnk that it is kind of a big deal to have every shoe. I won't use it, but there are shoe freaks out there who will do everything they can to unlock every shoe and variation.

Captain N

I already made an official thread for this, but haven't had to chance to update it since I started working a lot more.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Captain N said:
I already made an official thread for this, but haven't had to chance to update it since I started working a lot more.

I'm sorry Captain N, i skimmed the search results for for NBA Street bust must of missed it.

Kingpen

BojTrek said:

I felt that his inclusion in V2 was a pretty cool gimic and I enjoyed it back then. With how crazy the dunks are in this game though, I'm not really all that pissed that Jordan isn't in the game. I am more pissed that they didn't include any of the legend players period such as bird, magic.... But I can get over it as well.

I'm happy to be playing Street again after 2 years...

Z3F

Banned
Does anyone know which version is better? EGM, IGN haven't stated any differences between the two. I don't have Gameinformer so I don't know if they gave an advantage to either version.

Captain N

any word on what kind of (if any) SixAXIS controls there will be in the PS3 version?

also does anyone want to do some sort of league?

dskillzhtown

I'll be picking it up today as well. I am looking forward to this. I got Crackdown yesterday, MLB coming out next week, then ICON a few weeks later, I will be missing about 240 bucks out of my account, but have some good games to play.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Every variant of the Air Jordan shoe line? That's a lot of shoes. I can't see them having every colour way. I will be pleasantly surprised if it does have all that.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Gametrailers has HD video showing PS3 and Xbox versions side-by-side, and other than some small differences in brightness, probably due to video capturing equipment, they seem to be literally identical. It's really great to see a game this great looking and at 60FPS at that (it is 60FPS, right? IGN said so), and if it's anything like previous games in the series it must be lots of fun too.

DMczaf

Marconelly said:
Gametrailers has HD video showing PS3 and Xbox versions side-by-side, and other than some small differences in brightness, probably due to video capturing equipment, they seem to be literally identical. It's really great to see a game this great looking and at 60FPS at that (it is 60FPS, right? IGN said so), and if it's anything like previous games in the series it must be lots of fun too.

60fps on 720p/1080i

30fps on 1080p

Z3F

Banned
Gamespot's review just came out. They gave it a 8.0. They also didn't mention which version is better. Gamespot is usually pretty good about letting us know which version is better. Hopefully. they'll do a comparison in the ps3 review. I want to get the PS3 version for 1080p hdmi but the 360's shoulder buttons feel so much better than the Sixaxis. I wish that Sony had just stuck with the same shoulder buttons as the dualshock.

DMczaf said:
60fps on 720p/1080i

30fps on 1080p

Are you sure about 60fps on 1080i? I remember that a 360 developer mention that 1080i is equally as demanding as 1080p for the 360. I'm speaking of rendering and not scaling.

Captain N

If anyone wants to play with me tonight add me

Life As A Gamer
Nintendo Wii
TagThatTsT

those are all me.

Edit - What cable do I need for 1080P? Can I get it from the cable that came with the system?

Z3F

Banned
Captain N said:
If anyone wants to play with me tonight add me

Life As A Gamer
Nintendo Wii
TagThatTsT

those are all me.

Edit - What cable do I need for 1080P? Can I get it from the cable that came with the system?

yes, if your HDTV accepts 1080P through component cables. You should try it even if the TV's manual doesn't say it's possible because sometime the manufacturer simply doesn't advertise the 10800 component capability.

M_A_C

Marconelly said:

To me it looked like the 360 version had higher res textures and more AA going on. You can really see the better textures at the beginning of the video here:

Mrbob

Yeah the PS3 version looked like there was some sort of semi blur filter on.

Although I never would have noticed unless seeing them side by side.

Z3F

Banned
It's really hard to tell which one's better when they do a left/right comparison. I wish they would just do a comparison with full screenshots. Can you guys tell which version has the better framerate from the videos?

Top Bottom