• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC sat on Trump tape for fear of lawsuits until it was leaked to WaPo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Just speaking as an attorney, it really wouldn't surprise me if NBC's lawyers told them to sit on the tape for a few days to go over their legal options/risks. It's what us lawyers do. I doubt there was any malice involved either way.

Stop bringing logic into this. It's obvious that the only reason anyone would ever wait to air something is because they never planned to air it at all.

For what it's worth, the NY Times and Washington Post editors went on record a few weeks ago saying they would risk jail time publishing Trump's tax returns. To them, I doubt this tape was that much different.

NY Times, Washington Post editors: We'd risk jail to publish Trump's tax returns
"Some things you have to do," said Woodward. "Dean is exactly right. This defines Donald Trump."

It's only hypothetical but I can't imagine the Presidents of NBC or NBC News saying that.

johnsmith

remember me
http://people.com/tv/devastated-billy-bush-cant-recover-from-leaked-donald-trump-tape/

Although there is no confirmation as to who leaked the footage, the source tells PEOPLE that it was both “purposeful” and “not a low-level leak.”

“They could have released the tape and edited him out,” the source says of the individual that leaked the footage. “That was the plan — they were trying to approve it and then someone leaked it. That’s what Access Hollywood eventually did and they played it … but it was already out,” the source says and adds, “If they wanted to protect him, they could have edited it out which they did on the final Access piece that aired on Friday, but they left it in when it was leaked.”

ColdPizza

Banned
Isn't the OP all kinds of wrong? NBC knew about the footage for 4 days...all of those other things listed in the OP happened months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom