• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Football 2005 Xbox Live impressions w/ screens and video

DMczaf

http://www.collegefootballtips.com/ncaa2005online.html

Video

http://www.vgsinet.com/ncaa05xboxvideo2.wmv

ncca_online_1.jpg

Quick Match: This allows for you to get into a game without the wait. The server will match you up with opponent and get you on the cyber field.
Optimatch: Allows to specify who you want your opponent to be based on rank and DNF% (how many he disconnects). If you want to play a player in the Top 1000 with a 5% DNF, no problem, just set your settings and the server will look for that opponent.
Games Modes: Here you will find Online Lobbies, OT (Overtime) Drill, Even Teams, Online Events, and Quick Tournaments. We will look at few these online modes later in the write up.
Leader Boards: This shows your friends stats, OT Drill stats, Top 100, Stats Leaders, and Even Team.
My Career: A sweet new feature that shows your and opponents stats. We will talk more about this in a bit.
MY NCAA: Lets you customize your personal settings. check news, send quick messages, etc.

ncca_online_2.jpg

The Scouting Report is new this year to NCAA on both the Xbox and PS2. It allows you to view your own and opponents favorite playbook, formations, how much you and him l ike to scramble, use no huddle, hot route, use the option play, hail mary, disconnect, audible, Run Vs Pass ratio, how many times shotgun is used, how often do you and your opponent blitz, and finally how often you or him quit.

OT Drill allows for you play an opponent in overtime. We have not had a chance to play this mode yet. Even teams allows you to match up with another team of equal rating. For instance say you want to play a team that is not highly ranked, but you don't want to play against top teams in the game. Use this mode and the server will match you up with a team that has same or close rating, making the game more fair. Online events looks to be stuff that EA is sponsoring.

Bog

Junior Ace
I can't wait for this game to come out...

No, I'm not getting it. I'm just tired of seeing you posting these topics.

Fifty

*Drools*

Fantastic!

The wait is killing me. Toronto, don't let me down. I hear most a ton of places will have it on monday..

i can't get enough NCAA threads! lets fill the front page fellas!

p.s. online interface looks sweet... it will be weird to have no lobbys, even though i never really used them

Bog

Junior Ace
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i can't get enough NCAA threads! lets fill the front page fellas!

p.s. online interface looks sweet... it will be weird to have no lobbys, even though i never really used them

Funny, I see lobbies.

Maverick

No lobbies, FMT? I'm positive I've seen lobbies. Shit, what would an EASports game be without lobbies filled with the middle school children of America?

"I CAN KILL ANYONE HERE WITH THE HURRICANES"
"!*^%$ YOU ASSHOLE"
"SHUT UP ILL KILL YOU"
"PLAY ME"
"PLAY ME"
"PLAY ME"
"PLAY ME"
"PLAY ME"
"PLAY ME"
"PLAY ME"

Mondaaaaaaay. :D

I asked this in another thread, but I don't think anyone answered it. When you sign in to the EA servers from XBL, do you appear under your XBL gamertag or under the login name that you used for signing in to the EA servers?

Top Bottom