• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Near has passed away (BSNES author)

SoraNoKuni

Neogaf as a right wing site.. lol.

I am a left wing that hates radical sjws, I almost fell for that trap when I was younger but I grew up.

Both KF(+other true alt right forums) and Cancel culture leftists are sides of the same coin, both people try to shape the community to fit their own ideal society, both sides use mob tactics that destroy people's lives unjustifiable, they don't need proof or reason, they just need their inherent need to hate and they act.

We live in the age of reason yet madness prevails.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Dude, I'm not even sure if this stuff is entirely legal. Obviously when you're dealing with the internet, you are dealing with a bunch of jurisdictions; at a National level, but also at (what would be) the equivalent of a State, County and Local level in certain areas depending on the Country involved. People doing stuff like this, with the intent to cause harm, could land them in alot of trouble in some countries; far more serious than in the United States. As a person who's ran for Congress (Federal level/House of Representatives), I can't say publicly more aggressively that this type of behavior is completely unacceptable in the United States regardless of the legalities involved.

I didn't really look closely at what exactly happened, and whether this was a "left versus right wing" issue, and who was who, but after peaking at this particular thread for a short while: It looks like an actual human trafficking case. At the very least, some of the people involved in internet crimes and/or internet harassment are using tactics that are IDENTICAL to human trafficking tactics particularly in a first world Nation.

In the world today; meaning the year of 2021, there are more human trafficking victims (also referred to as modern day "slaves" by government authorities world wide) than there were slaves involved in the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade, and that is a fact. When people think of "human trafficking", they tend to think of victims being shipped around in cargo tankers (and that is literally the case in 3rd or 2nd world Nations), but in places like the United States (1st World Nation); the tactics are different.

In first world Nations like the United States, human traffickers largely use the internet, social media platforms, chat rooms, and a variety of different electronics to target their victims. The exact nature and tactics used are vast, and I'm still currently investigating the issues. I'm guessing that at a local level, they can likely target the cars and electronics of an individual with tracking devices, and as another poster in this thread suggested; YES, they are targeting a persons finances in some cases.

The traffickers are targeting a victims MONEY; meaning they use the internet to communicate back and forth with each other to report live on how much a target person is making; how his or her career is going, who hired him, etcetera. Some of the trackers that they may place on a vehicle can track the persons movement in real time, or they can use something like a passive tracker which they plant on a vehicle (then remove later to access the data). An obvious tactic they would use is track the GPS of a cell phone; meaning they wouldn't need to plant a vehicle tracker.

Believe it or not: This is what traffickers do, and it's even worse than I will talk about here. Most importantly speaking: If "Near" was being targeted by human traffickers; it's worth noting in this thread that one of the types of human trafficking is called "LABOR TRAFFICKING" (google the name and how it's done). If you search it, there are official government sources world wide that explain how the traffickers do it.

Somebody in this thread mentioned how this person was making little to no money for alot of work, and that's textbook labor trafficking. What they often do is use the internet and social media specifically to cherry pick every single element of your social support network. They then try to make the argument of "nobody likes so and so", but in reality, people should be asking who "nobody" is, as said entity usually has an identity. It's usually "nobody", a small group of shady internet traffickers and/or trolls that tend to contact a victims social network in order to remove every successful aspect of a persons life. Worth a notation here is the fact that human trafficking is considered a crime against humanity, and I'd suggest there are human rights abuses involved, potentially even intentional torture.

There is a person at the United Nations called Niels something that deals with torture. If law enforcement is unable to deal with these types of crimes, then there should be an officially sanctioned body (that of which is legally recognized by law enforcement) that has the authority to investigate these crimes.

I would not be opposed to the name of said organization being called "Outer Heaven" and being led by a person with the code name of "Big Boss".

One of the most important aspects of this case is that this individual was allegedly very likable in many circles and did good work with gaming. You are supposed to be aloud to earn a great living, and have a job free from intense (and ILLEGAL) forms of surveillance, conducted by human traffickers, and not subject to constant discrimination, harassment and threats.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This is also a good time to bring up Near's rom hacking, including his final effort, Bahamut Lagoon. BL had a pretty good translation out for a long time, but this was a passion project about getting it perfect and it was an incredibly ambitious and polished effort, well worth your time. Plays on real hardware, too.

With all due respect, this makes little sense from what we know.

With all due respect; it seems that your lack of understanding is a subjective issue, as opposed to what I just said objectively making no sense. Every single word that I just stated makes absolute, perfect, and 100% sense. I briefly described human trafficking tactics, which very often (and I would even say usually) fly under the radar of the average observer, and that's actually why it's such big business for organized crime. The scope of human trafficking goes outside this topic, but I've read through this topic, and I simply stated that this Near individual COULD have potentially been targeted with human trafficking tactics that are more aligned with how the traffickers do it in first world nations; particularly the form called "Labor Trafficking". Most victims of trafficking are female, so there could have been something even darker going on here.

Most importantly: If there's something I said that "doesn't make sense", then you are welcome to specify...

ManaByte

With all due respect; it seems that your lack of understanding is a subjective issue, as opposed to what I just said objectively making no sense. Every single word that I just stated makes absolute, perfect, and 100% sense. I briefly described human trafficking tactics, which very often (and I would even say usually) fly under the radar of the average observer, and that's actually why it's such big business for organized crime. The scope of human trafficking goes outside this topic, but I've read through this topic, and I simply stated that this Near individual COULD have potentially been targeted with human trafficking tactics that are more aligned with how the traffickers do it in first world nations; particularly the form called "Labor Trafficking". Most victims of trafficking are female, so there could have been something even darker going on here.

Most importantly: If there's something I said that "doesn't make sense", then you are welcome to specify...
Seinfeld What GIF by HULU

peronmls

I followed the whole thread in kiwi farms right after Byuu's last twitter posts.

The weirdest part about this story so far is the supposed e-mail exchanges.

If these are real, then it appears that Byuu talks about a "trusted friend" of his that was supposed to offer some proof of his death a few hours after the fact.

What kind of friend is that? If a friend of mine told me he is going to kill himself and i should do this and that afterwards i would do something to prevent it instead?
Yeah it's almost like it was "planned" in a sense so he can report the death and the community. It's a stretch but it's not the first time things like this have happened. Look at the Michelle Carter and Conrad Roy III case.

Last edited:

nush

Are you an SEO spambot?

Topher

Gold Member
Forgive me for my ignorance but what does SEO mean? I know what spambot means, but not SEO.

Search Engine Optimization. Used to try to promote site search results in google. Not sure it applies above but that is what it is.

Last edited:

Toons

Holy crap, hes well known on gamefaqs too. Especially on the political section. He didn't last long here..

This seems really weird. Japanese police don't even release names of murder victims a lot of the time, and extremely sensitive information like this is not given out freely. So why would they tell this random guy, of no relation when presumably they still have an ongoing investigation?

Edit - should clarify I am talking about people dying in general, not just murder cases.

Something definitely seems off about this story. At this point, the only proof we have is basically "Dude, trust me."

Top Bottom