• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Necropolis previews & releases July 12th [Roguelike Dark Souls, co-op]

jimboton

I like the look, but dislike the music. Hopefully the game doesn't sound like the trailer. It's also beyond me why the item effects are randomized.

Yeah, I don't get that either. Roguelites should reset the world and character progression between runs, they should not attempt to 'reset' player experience and acquired knowledge.

Melchiah

Yeah, I don't get that either. Roguelites should reset the world and character progression between runs, they should not attempt to 'reset' player experience and acquired knowledge.

Exactly. It doesn't sound like it would make the playing experience any better, quite the contrary. There are challenging gameplay mechanics, and then there are those that just serve to frustrate.

SomTervo

Dark Souls meets Spelunky is a dangerous comparison. Setting up for disappointments

Spelunky already was pretty Dark Souls-ish IMO.

Edit: in terms of difficulty curve and punishment. I guess this thing has the 3D movement and combat going for it

Orgun

What a time to find out this gamae exists, on release day! :D I'll be checking this out later, I love steam refund removing the fear of possibly buying a dud. Though from the looks of it this is right up my alley.

garath

I'll have to see if I can find a YouTube link to the streams they did recently. I'm half tempted to grab this blind from the descriptions but some of the feedback is making me hesitate.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'll give it a go, Harebrained Schemes has been killing it so I have faith in it being good.

If it isn't, then there is always Steam refund.

RS4-

From what I played, I don't know man. Not that it's janky, it just doesn't feel that great. When you're hitting things, there's no impact. The controls feel a little suspect.

Then again, I'm only in the second area.

Top Bottom