• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

need a bit of help with assembly (8051) programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

7imz

so i have this assignment where i have 2 setup two arrays in XDATA memory and CODE memory, compare the values at each index then store the greater of the two values in another array in DATA memory...

the thing is I've never worked with assembly before and it doesn't even mention in the book how to setup arrays (or i just can't find it)... if anyone can show me how to just do that (setting up an array), it would be greatly appreciated

Lazy

In assembly there are no data structures like there are in other programming languages. You deal directly with memory locations, and so I would think that creating an array would simply mean loading values into successive memory locations.

But then again, I've only programmed assembly for the Motorola 68000, and I haven't done it in over a year...

Phoenix

Lazy said:
In assembly there are no data structures like there are in other programming languages. You deal directly with memory locations, and so I would think that creating an array would simply mean loading values into successive memory locations.

But then again, I've only programmed assembly for the Motorola 68000, and I haven't done it in over a year...

Its the same with 808x assembly - you have to deal with registers and memory blocks specifically and do movs and similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom