• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed 2013 - First [Two] Screenshots - Unveiling Tomorrow

saladine1

As I've said in the FM5 thread, it seems that EA and MS/Turn 10 struck a deal.
EA will give Porsche access to MS, while in return, MS gives Ferrari access to EA..

True, but didn't Ward say that they don't want to do racing games anymore?

Nirolak pointed out earlier that Alex only said that their next game wasn't a racing game. He hasn't really said anything about their future. We know that they want to come back to Burnout eventually, and i'm sure that they'll also make another NFS.

JoshHood

If its in Frostbite I imagine that means no Wii U version

The Run was Frostbite but was ported to Wii and 3DS.

Nirolak pointed out earlier that Alex only said that their next game wasn't a racing game. He hasn't really said anything about their future. We know that they want to come back to Burnout eventually, and i'm sure that they'll also make another NFS.

Actually, he said that the project he was working on wasn't a racer - doesn't mean that project is their next one.

Shaneus

"Have no rules, show no mercy"? Let me guess, it's another Burnout Criterion NFS that's barely any different from the last. Woo-hoo.

Ty4on

First one is NFS3 HP, FYI. :p

And NFS HP2 is also NFS6 :D

I hope they do more retro stuff. NFS 13 (Hot Pursuit 2010 :p) had showcase videos which were a great blast to the past. Hot Pursuit 2 were IMO when it started going downhill with no real damage, no cockpit view and fewer tracks and instead using multiple routes through the same enviroment. In older games you had to repair your car. Good memories of braking before jumps in NFS 4 to prevent damaging the suspension.

NFS 4 video because I never owned NFS 3 :p
So cheesy it's good, but I just like how it shows that the people behind the game love cars.
Edit:
While Underground 3 would make my pants wet, I would be okay with a new High Stakes.

With dat cockpit view.

256px-NFS_High_Stakes_box.jpg

Finally someone showing Road Challenge some love!
Need-For-Speed-Road-Challenge-0.jpg

I was just thinking about how bad it was to crash at night because it broke your headlights and got sad that I can't do that in most new games :/

Top Bottom