• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Redirects are getting worse for me if I'm using mobile site. If I switch to desktop mode it's fine. But it's impossible to use mobile 95 percent of the time.

WaterAstro

Darn, I just got one, and Chrome luckily stopped it. I live in Vancouver, Canada if it helps.

It was an Apple iPhone giveaway or something.

ConkConk95

Neophyte
I can’t PM ModBot on the “A bunch of free Origin keys” thread. I click on the highlighted link and it takes me a “file not found” page. Please help with this, I just wanted one of the unused Dead Space Origin game codes.

Not sure if it was reported already, but i've been getting a bug lately with the embedded videos on quotes:

29513056_10160249230345594_4112629933983285627_n.jpg

I'm on Chrome Version 65.0.3325.146

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
I can’t PM ModBot on the “A bunch of free Origin keys” thread. I click on the highlighted link and it takes me a “file not found” page. Please help with this, I just wanted one of the unused Dead Space Origin game codes.

The old Modbot giveaway script that used to run on the site is no longer working and isn't being actively maintained.

We're working on a replacement using the site-wide giveaway functionality that will let users give keys away to others and that should be live in the next few weeks.

ConkConk95

Neophyte
The old Modbot giveaway script that used to run on the site is no longer working and isn't being actively maintained.

We're working on a replacement using the site-wide giveaway functionality that will let users give keys away to others and that should be live in the next few weeks.
Ok, good to know. Thank you for your response and have a great day 🙂.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is there a way to get my old avatar back? I didn't have it saved anywhere.

Edit: I just made a new one. Also, I wanted to say I really like this design.

Last edited:

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Just came to visit and got hit with a pop up “Time Warner Cable” ad on iOS (current) as soon as I logged in. Had to reload GAF. Hope all is well guys. Cheers.

eso76

Hello, in the past couple weeks I've been getting moonlight mobile redirects, automatically charging me 5€ for unwanted services.
I have no idea how those thieves are still at large, but please fix asap.

I'm in Italy btw.

the redirect goes to
ok.solead.me
which then sends me to
sadcat.tk

and then a tracking site

Last edited:

WaterAstro

I'm not sure if this is related to the mobile redirect, but on my desktop Chrome, the site would suddenly errors out while idling, like if it was trying to redirect, but it didn't work. I'll try to get more information.

Edit: The error I'm getting is an "Aw Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage." Not much more information I can get from it.

I also notice that after the page is loaded, I'm seeing this website being constantly loaded. Maybe it's related. I'm not using adblock, of course. I might try adblock and seeing if it happens just to determine if it's ad related.
trk.vidible.tv / acds.prod.vidible.tv
Hello, in the past couple weeks I've been getting moonlight mobile redirects, automatically charging me 5€ for unwanted services.
I have no idea how those thieves are still at large, but please fix asap.

I'm in Italy btw.

the redirect goes to
ok.solead.me
which then sends me to
sadcat.tk

and then a tracking site
Are they actually charging you, or saying they charged you and told you to go to a site to "dispute the charge"? It's a usual scam.

Last edited:

eso76

Are they actually charging you, or saying they charged you and told you to go to a site to "dispute the charge"? It's a usual scam.

Both.
They actually charged me and when I called them to ask for a refund today they told me to go to their site and send an email with bank account or PayPal account where they could send the money.
That's when I called the phone company instead and obtained a full refund from them (and blocked all VAS crap).
I cant believe they can get away with this.

WaterAstro

Both.
They actually charged me and when I called them to ask for a refund today they told me to go to their site and send an email with bank account or PayPal account where they could send the money.
That's when I called the phone company instead and obtained a full refund from them (and blocked all VAS crap).
I cant believe they can get away with this.
I don't understand how they can charge you without entering any payment information. Are you sure you didn't click something?

Usually, they use the second part of the scam to get your money, but they can't do it through Chrome.

eso76

I don't understand how they can charge you without entering any payment information. Are you sure you didn't click something?

Usually, they use the second part of the scam to get your money, but they can't do it through Chrome.

They suck it out of your phone credit.
You subscribe for receiving text messages or something for "just 5€ a week !"
Yep, absolutely sure I didn't click anywhere. You're quickly redirected to a few sites you can't click out of and eventually a tracking site activating the VAS.
Happened both on here and resetera, a couple times I was able to stop it by quickly turning off the phone (closing chrome might not be enough) and twice they stole money. Got money back from phone company but it's still infuriating.

Last edited:
Not quite appropriate for this topic, but before I open a thread.. How to I delete my account?
More and more redirects have been the last straw, but it's also how someone seriously comparing the concept of human "races" to dog races going largely unchallenged that makes me want to check out.
I'd just like to remove my account, is there no option?

Last edited:

jdforge

Banned
I’m getting lots of errors here. Trying to type anything is becoming difficult. Like everything is stuttering. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit mobile iOS.

Last edited:

jdforge

Banned
Is nobody else getting constant crashing and errors on iOS mobile when trying to post? The amount of posts that I’ve just abandoned over the last few days is a lot. Anyone?

WaterAstro

It's not a big deal, but is there a way to get rid of the red box 3 from giveaways? I clicked and tried to get rid of it, but reading the giveaway doesn't seem to do it. My OCD keeps kicking in.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
It's not a big deal, but is there a way to get rid of the red box 3 from giveaways? I clicked and tried to get rid of it, but reading the giveaway doesn't seem to do it. My OCD keeps kicking in.

For now it's dynamically updated based on the number of available active giveaways. When we roll out our changes that allow users to generate their own giveaways of various lengths, that number will by very elastic. We may update it in the future so that it only shows the giveaways you've not entered, or the ones you've not seen - but this is how it works at the moment. As always we're open to feedback about what would make the most sense about how it's displayed.

Shifty

Is anyone else getting massive 'now live on twitch' icons while on mobile? They're scaling up to full width for me and messing up the layout.

As always we're open to feedback about what would make the most sense about how it's displayed.
Myself I'd restyle it with a different background colour so it's not sharing the same mental space as the 'new notification' dot. Maybe use a 1px white or orange border around the number instead to make it look like less of a call to action and more of a passive piece of info.

Last edited:

WaterAstro

I just got a redirect to a scam site (fake Windows Support) on desktop chrome. Not sure how I can draw any information on it. Had to close the tab.

Pejo

Just checking in to see what the status is on getting back the ability to hide avatars and images/embedded videos. It's really the last thing from the old design that I miss. (Well those and in-line spoiler tagging). Thanks to anyone who has an update!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Does the new forum allow usernames to be changed on the backend? I want to use one I use elsewhere rather then this one I made 10 years ago if possible.

Beard of the Forest

The No. 1 cause of forest fires is trees.
Does the new forum allow usernames to be changed on the backend? I want to use one I use elsewhere rather then this one I made 10 years ago if possible.
Usernames can be changed by request of those in good standing. PM a mod with details to have it done.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Myself I'd restyle it with a different background colour so it's not sharing the same mental space as the 'new notification' dot.

The color of the giveaway notifications has been muted so it's not so "in your face". As always, further feedback is appreciated.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Not sure if this is the right place, but am I blind or is there no where to seeing you have notifications (quotes, likes) on mobile?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Not sure if this is the right place, but am I blind or is there no where to seeing you have notifications (quotes, likes) on mobile?
Mobile notifications have worked for me since it was implemented. They appear in a red circle, over the bell icon in the top right.

Try turning your phone to landscape orientation to see if it appears for you. I know this orientation thing has been a problem for some people.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Mobile notifications have worked for me since it was implemented. They appear in a red circle, over the bell icon in the top right.

Try turning your phone to landscape orientation to see if it appears for you. I know this orientation thing has been a problem for some people.

My man/woman! Orientation was the issue. Thanks!

This your post is invisible really feels annoying. And doesnt feel good to new users at all. Drives them away probably. Suggest it gets gone. If anyone is going to really bring up what lore doesnt want im sure someone can wait out more so than those just trying to post.

bitbydeath

Would it be possible to have alerts separated into two menus?

Quotes and Likes?
I feel I might miss some quotes when it’s piled in with likes.

I haven't been here in a few months, but how do i go to the last unread post now? It doesn't seem like you can click the orange gaf icon anymore

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Can't change avatar. "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console. "

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
The redirects are returning for me on mobile. Just yells congratulations at me at takes me to a wheel spinning.

Dali

Getting an ad redirect almost exclusively when I click off topic.

Also as far as general feedback, having the site name on mobile not scroll with the rest of the page is annoying. I'm not trying to advertise what page I'm on.

KevinKeene

Banned
Don't know if that's possible, but ... it'd be nice if you could at least read pms even while banned. Only read, nothing else ;o

Top Bottom