• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

SoulUnison

Banned
We made a database change earlier that could have caused this. Can you try disconnecting / reconnecting one more time?

Nope, I'm still just in an infinite "Connect your Twitch account" loop.

The "Live" button on my individual posts works fine, but I'm never on the "Streams" page.

Last edited:

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Nope, I'm still just in an infinite "Connect your Twitch account" loop.

The "Live" button on my individual posts works fine, but I'm never on the "Streams" page.

It looks like Twitch is sending an invalid API response when we query it, which is causing our system to think your account has been disconnected. I'll investigate more tomorrow (it's almost midnight here and I've been scratching my head on this one for over an hour). I'll have to go over our debug info and compare that with their API documentation.

Do you have anything weird going on with your Twitch profile? Is your profile set to private? If your stream marked as NSFW or Mature? Anything out of the ordinary you can think of?

SoulUnison

Banned
It looks like Twitch is sending an invalid API response when we query it, which is causing our system to think your account has been disconnected. I'll investigate more tomorrow (it's almost midnight here and I've been scratching my head on this one for over an hour). I'll have to go over our debug info and compare that with their API documentation.

Do you have anything weird going on with your Twitch profile? Is your profile set to private? If your stream marked as NSFW or Mature? Anything out of the ordinary you can think of?

It *was* set to mature, but I disabled that earlier while troubleshooting since I don't even really know why that was on in the first place.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
It *was* set to mature, but I disabled that earlier while troubleshooting since I don't even really know why that was on in the first place.

I believe I've identified the issue, and your account should stay synced now (and others in the same condition shouldn't lose sync). When you get a chance, make sure that you're listed on our Twitch page the next time you start streaming - keep in mind this can take a minute or two for the API to catch up. Thanks!

SoulUnison

Banned
I believe I've identified the issue, and your account should stay synced now (and others in the same condition shouldn't lose sync). When you get a chance, make sure that you're listed on our Twitch page the next time you start streaming - keep in mind this can take a minute or two for the API to catch up. Thanks!

Actually, now I don't show up on the "Streams" page and the "Live on Twitch" button isn't on my individual posts.
I've been broadcasting from my PS4 for about 10 minutes now, hitting refresh here every 30 seconds or so.

Sorry to be such a bother!

EDIT: Nevermind! Apparently it took 10 minutes and 30 seconds to update. Working as intended, it appears. Thank you!

Last edited:

WaterAstro

Is multi-quote messed up for anyone?

I would add a quote, hit insert quotes, then it would say "nothing selected". I deselect the quote, select it again, then hit insert quote for the second time to make it work. Kind of weird.

Mahadev

Is it possible to put Quote in a separate button instead of the Insert -> Quote path it is right now? It's too frequently used to be there imo. Maybe spoiler too. Not that it matters too much, just giving my 2 cents.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Some meta-feedback: do the mods have a policy on accounts that sign up just to Twitch stream? Generally, GAF has been against allowing shill accounts that are only here to advertise, which is their choice either way.

Xenon

I got a security warning from the site in Firefox saying it was unsecure and now the site is blocked at work. Not sure if the former is a result of the latter

edit: It's working now.

Last edited:

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Some meta-feedback: do the mods have a policy on accounts that sign up just to Twitch stream? Generally, GAF has been against allowing shill accounts that are only here to advertise, which is their choice either way.

We are working on additional ways that the Twitch streams are integrated into the site, where Twitch streamers for particular games are more or less helping GAF users to see how each game runs (rather than relying on company-provided PR-approved CG-filled cutscene trailers). More on how we plan to do this soon. :)

As such, we're generally okay with people signing up and streaming as long as it helps to fulfill that goal. It's a policy that will no doubt be reviewed in the future once all of our construction dust settles though.

Dontero

Banned
Can you please remove that floating neogaf toolbar ? It is super annoying and removes a lot of space that i could read instead. Or at least give me option to remove it or make it solid.

And it is broken with color inverters for nice non blinding browsing in the night as it lags and often just stays in middle of your screen like this:

OpGu3yj.jpg

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Please, when i use the search function show me the results in cronological order and not the mess is right now.

Example:

Go to gaming Discussion and use the search function and put residen evil, tick Search titles only and threads.

Show me the results in order please:messenger_loudly_crying:

Any chance we could get the ability to edit our own thread titles? Of course, people could still be banned or suspended if they abused that power, but it would be nice to go back to official topics in the gaming forum and change the title for new announcements. That way, you wouldn't have the conversation split over several threads, and new news when there's already an OT wouldn't require more threads.

Avasarala

Emoji Emperor
Staff Member
I'll take that to the admin team. In the mean time, feel free to PM me any edits you need made, I should be able to complete them. ;)

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Any chance we could get the ability to edit our own thread titles? Of course, people could still be banned or suspended if they abused that power, but it would be nice to go back to official topics in the gaming forum and change the title for new announcements. That way, you wouldn't have the conversation split over several threads, and new news when there's already an OT wouldn't require more threads.
x1,000,000

Another piece of general feedback: can our names dynamically scale (font) instead of dropping to a second line?

Sincerely,
DunDunDunpac
hi

Is there any way we could change behaviour of MEDIA tag so when it's used with twitter it shows actual content of twit and not just this:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
There seems to be an error with the Giveaways section. I never seem to win any.

This should be looked at posthaste. Thank you.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Didn’t know where to ask and couldn’t figure it out messing in my profile and trying to find patterns in other user profiles, so I need to ask - what is the green tab on top of a profile pic?

it’s GAF Gold isn’t it?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Didn’t know where to ask and couldn’t figure it out messing in my profile and trying to find patterns in other user profiles, so I need to ask - what is the green tab on top of a profile pic?

it’s GAF Gold isn’t it?

User currently online. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I like dark theme and NeoGaf as you said has one, but also I like the text in this sferax theme (glowing blue), it remind me of Alienware fx colors
Right. Understandable. I don't think that they will specifically adapt a new time just for the text font, but perhaps alternative fonts are an option?

If anything, a theme is likely designed inhouse at GAF by Timan Timan :)

potential future idea for the like system: be able to see the top 10/20 members who have liked your posts the most.

i like stats.

Since the forum is slow, why don't NeoGAF make it possible for people with normal email addresses to register? It would boost members.

ILLtown

I can't see certain threads in the Politics section.

For example, when I was on the main forum index, it showed that this was the most recently replied to thread in the politics section: -

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/scot...oss-school-curriculum.1467869/#post-253565091

However, when I entered the section, that thread was simply not there amongst the list of threads. I then backed out to the main forum index and as that thread was still the most recently replied to, I was able to click on it from there and read it.

If I do a search for "Scotland" in the titles of threads and order by date, the most recent thread is a year old, so it's not showing up in search either.

If I click on the profile of a person who's posted in that thread, I can see the thread there, along with their reply.

This is the second time this has happened now.

EDIT: -

G296YFd.gif

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m still having the problem of Reddit embeds on mobile being too dark and not fitting the page, ie being too big.

Is anyone else having this problem and is it getting addressed?

Skyn3t

Banned
Will it be ever possible to edit thread titles? We could use the ability to update them/correct the typos etc.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Hello when I'm using mobile version of Gaf I don't get notification pop up or alert when someone replies to my messages.
Put your phone in landscape and the icons appear. GAF's mobile site does not yet scale all elements properly.

Since the forum is slow, why don't NeoGAF make it possible for people with normal email addresses to register? It would boost members.
That is already possible and it is also in one of the on site FAQ's, i believe. Just not in the official one.

TBiddy

Is there a way to disable avatars? Would make Neogaf a lot more safe for work. Not that the images are nasty, but they are there, which makes it look like I'm not working.. which I'm not.

Top Bottom