• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf 2012 Backlog Blitz - Where we give the middle finger to Steam sales

guest1321

Updates:

Bought in 2012: -1
Completed in 2012: +3
Current Score: +2

Beaten:

Currently Playing:
  • Forza Motorsport 4 (aiming for 100%)
  • Rayman: Origins $

Current Backlog:
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
  • Dead Space 2
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Pure
  • Project Gotham Racing 4
  • Borderlands
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
  • Jamestown
  • Nightsky HD
  • Portal 2
  • Super Meat Boy

Beaten Reviews:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (4.5/5) - I had heard good things about the Batman series but I thought the combat looked a bit wonky from the videos I saw so I haven't been to eager to play them. I was quite pleased how in the beginning of the game I wasn't thrown into some 3 hour get used to the controls phase. I was able to pick up the controls extremely quickly and I was on my way to hunt down The Joker. I think the combat stood out to me the most as being the best part of this game; when I got a rhythm I would average about an 8-10 hit combo. It felt very arcade like, but it was within a large world -- something I have never experienced before -- which I found to be awesome! The rate at which the game progressed was perfect. It allowed you to explore if you wanted to but always had the next step in front of you ready to go. The constant smooth action as well as an interesting story made this game a 3 sitting play through. I don't know what the overall time was but as I didn't really dabble in the riddler stuff or the challenges I'm guessing it was fairly short compared to most. On to Arkham City now!

$ - indicates game purchased in 2012

Murkas

Finished 2 more games (but also purchased FF9 as it was on sale :( ) bringing my score to 5.

RE: Darkside Chronicles - was good, the new story line was nice to play.

New Super Mario Bros Wii - was ok, didn't think much of it. Level design was nice but I don't know if it's just me but the game feels really slow, I haven't played Super Mario World/Super Mario 3 recently but I never remembered them being slow.

I'm sure both games would have been better if I played them in co-op mode.

Now playing through American McGee's Alice and Saints Row 3.

My score is going to take a hit when the Vita is released.

Backlog profile

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Purchased in 2012: 2, Crysis + Rocketbirds (will not buy anything new for awhile, only want BioShock Infinite + Transformers Fall of Cybertron)
[-2]

Purchased in 2011: TO FUCKING MANY! [-45]

I still got 35+ PSN games too, and 30+ Steam games also =/

Total: [-110]

Case in Point my backlog... FUCK MY LIFE!

tADBVl.jpg

Brashnir

Case in Point my backlog... FUCK MY LIFE!

tADBVl.jpg

My console backlog is of a pretty similar size. One thing I do that helps is I pick 4 games from each console (I see you only have PS3 games there, so maybe pick 6 of them) that look interesting to me at the time and set them out in 3 piles as a way to make the stack seem less imposing. After I finish a couple, I replace them with something else that seems interesting at the moment.

guest1321

grave robber, it is only what you purchased in 2012 that counts against your score. But shit man, 45 console games in 1 year??

New additions to the backlog in 2012 (-8)
  • Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode One (not counting it since I already beat it once)
  • Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode Two -1
  • Ben There, Dan That! -1
  • Time Gentlemen, Please! -1
  • Lost Planet: Colonies -1
  • Iron Roses -1
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior (got it for free from Green Man Gaming) -1
  • Nitronic Rush (freeware | download here) -1
  • Renegade Ops (received it as a gift) -1

Games beaten in 2012 (+14)
  • Blade Master +1
  • Advance Wars: Dark Conflict +1
  • Dead Space 2 +1
  • Nitronic Rush +1
  • Bastion +1
  • Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition +1
  • Limbo +1
  • Renegade Ops +1
  • Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri +1
  • Killzone 3 +1
  • Gunforce +1
  • In the Hunt +1
  • Undercover Cops +1
  • Killzone Liberation +1

Σ +6

Beat all five chapters of Killzone Liberation which means I'm doing pretty good so far. The last three games added to my backlog were free which messes up the stats a bit. Unfortunately, the Vita launch is going to set me back 6 points.

Bought
1. Unstoppable Gorg (2012)
2. RoboHero (2012)
3. Kingdom Rush (2012)
4. Driver San Francisco (2011)
5. Avadon: The Black Fortress (2011)
6. Ascendancy (2011)
7. Squids (2011)
8. Afrika (2009)
9. The Great Art Race (2009)
10. Depths of Peril (2007)
11. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (2007)
12. Darkstar One (2006)
13. Patrician III (2003)

Updating (w/impressions)
Finished
Note: I play way too many games without a clear ending, as well as iOS games which receive constant new level packs, so I think it's more appropriate to note that I am "finished" with these games as in removing them from my backlog
1. Magic: the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - great update, plenty of cool decks and new modes. Essential! Steam
2. Orcs Must Die! - my 3rd favorite TD game at the moment. I will definitely be revisiting this. If the passivity of these games bothers you, give this one a spin. Essential! Steam
3. Dogfighter - got this in a pack a couple sales ago and decided to take it out for a spin. Not a huge fan of the controls or the gameplay, really. Looks like it has something to offer for multiplayer fans but that ain't me. Pass Steam
4. Fragger - ugh, seriously crappy ripoff of Angry Birds. Can't believe this was actually recommended to me! They had an interesting opportunity here to mix up the physics with the grenades instead they need to...roll to a stop before exploding? Uninspired enemies, bad sound design, mediocre level design. Avoid! iPad

January score: -9
Year-to-date: -9

Kevtones

Been buying lots of cheapies lately... 2012 so far:

All 360...

Bought:
L.A. Noire (2nd time)
Way of the Samurai 3
Space Marine
Front Mission Evolved
Last Remnant
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom

Beat:
L.A. Noire (finished, glad I did)
Arcania: Gothic 4 (renjoyed it)
Divinity 2:Dragon Knight Saga (1st of 2 - wonderful game)
Bulletstorm (good and quick)

Geoff9920

Purchased
Assassin's Creed: Revalations
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Completed
Skyrim
Duke Nukem Forever

Score 0

Currently playing: Singularity

I'll be be continuing my AC:R playthrough after singularity as I'm eager to see how the story continues.
Just finished Singularity... This game was a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting a lot from it. Overall it was a very solid shooter with an interesting premise. The multiple endings were a nice touch.

Current Status: 1

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I know, I'm usually so shy and never go out of character, I don't know what came over me, maybe your expertise can help tell me why I'm like this

It's great you want to go for all those trophies but you don't really need to post about it in every thread you visit.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It's great you want to go for all those trophies but you don't really need to post about it in every thread you visit.

Every thread?

Great Hyperbole

Please post examples, I must see how many times I posted my card in these threads as you say

Hell we have search back, so go on

I post mostly in the Achieve/Trophy thread, and occasionally in the OT of the game I completed

Updated: 1/28/12

Purchased: -15
  • Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
  • Elemental Gearbolt
  • Etrian Oddyssy III
  • Growlanser: Heritage of War
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
  • Rayman Origins
  • Vanguard Bandits
  • Z.H.P. - Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman

New Purchases This Weekend (Crazy ass sales... LOL)
  • Clubhouse Games
  • Dark Void
  • Kung Fu Rider
  • Metal Slug 7
  • PoP: The Forgotten Sands
  • Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
  • Super Street Fighter IV

Finished: +2
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Gears of War 2

Total Points: -13

My backlog: http://www.backloggery.com/sabinfigaro

Purchased:
  • Darksiders (PS3)
  • No More Heroes (Wii)
Completed:
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS2)
  • Unreal (PC)
Pretty inauspicious start to 2012. I don't have many games on the radar in terms of intent to purchase, and I have a ton of old RPGs that need to go down. Recent acquisitions are through Goozex.

stonedwal

Bought in 2012: 0
Beaten in 2012: +10
Current Score: +10

Beaten:
Shadows of the Damned (PS3)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox)
Total Overdose (Xbox)
Deathrow (Xbox)
Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
The House of the Dead: Overkill - Director's Cut (PS3)
Urban Chaos: Riot Response (Xbox)

Urban Chaos: Riot Response was pretty good - room for improvement, but enjoyable. Seems like a while since I've played any FPS games that break away from the crowd.

Currently Playing
Okami (PS2): Still chipping away at it for an hour or two a night.
NBA Jam (PS3): Halfway through classic campaign, just playing a game or two at leisure.

The plan next weekend is to tackle Resident Evil 0 and Code Veronica X, but I may divert my attention to some of my other unfinished Xbox FPSes like XIII, Tron 2.0, Rainbow Six 3 or Far Cry: Instincts.

guest1321

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -1
Completed in 2012: +4
Current Score: +3

Beaten:

Currently Playing:
  • Forza Motorsport 4 (aiming for 100%)
  • Rayman: Origins $
  • Dead Space 2

Current Backlog:
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Pure
  • Project Gotham Racing 4
  • Borderlands
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
  • Jamestown
  • Nightsky HD
  • Portal 2
  • Super Meat Boy

Beaten Reviews:

Halo 3: ODST (4.5/5) - After a year of owning the game I finally got around to playing it through. I really was expecting another linear Halo game when I popped this in. It was delightfully different to be presented with the option to walk about a city fighting through the covenant to regroup with my lost squad mates. Visually the game was really no different from any other Halo; however, the ability to walk through a city at night and then see it at a different time of day during a mission was quite enjoyable. The music was supposed to be an homage to the previous games OST's but I really believe the change in style for ODST sound was one of its biggest strengths. The ability to quickly tell a story through little snippets of each squad member made for a great storyline that required you think about how the pieces fit together. I think the timing of the game was also a huge strength. Having a game that you could get through in a little over six hours yet receive an ample story was a nice change of pace. I have found this series to sometimes drag levels out by forcing you to spend a lot of time on non-story progressing moments. That was not at all the case with ODST. Overall I am fairly pleased with the game and it has re-sparked my interest in the series quite a bit.

$ - indicates game purchased in 2012[/QUOTE]

Murkas

Backloggery

Update:

Finished Saints Row 3 bringing my score to 6. Bought this since launch, got quite far, then stopped playing it for a month for some reason. Did quite a bit in terms of side missions, only got the gang zones to take over and the assassinations, vehicle thefts and challenges. Don't think I'm gonna go for the 100%

Games I bought in 2012 so far
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles -1
Final Fantsy 9 -1

Games Finished in 2012
InFAMOUS 2 +1
Mario Kart 7 +1
Starfox 3D +1
Hard Reset +1
Bastion +1
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles +1
New Super Mario Bros Wii +1
Saints Row The third +1

Score so far= 6

Currently Playing
Alice 1
Zelda Spirit Tracks

Now playing Zelda Spirit Tracks.

Rapstah

I'm willing to participate in this, but I'll have to wait a month to actually finish all the Xbox 360 games I've bought. I'm at like -30 already if not... probably -5 on PC too now that I think of it.

My backlog:

AssCreed Revelations - playing now
Rayman Origins
Resistance 3
Bartman AC
MGS HD Collection
Dead Space 2
Killzone 3
Harry Potter 5-7

solidefy

This sounds like a lot of fun and a good way to stay organized. I'm currently in "Backlog Only" mode for games. Found out we have a ton of expenses coming up this year (owed taxes, summer camp for the kid, etc) so I've cancelled all my pre-orders and I'm focused on playing what I already own.

Current Score
Bought: 3
Beaten: 8
Score: 5

Bought in 2012:
Run Roo Run (iPad)
GTA4 - The Ballad of Gay Tony (XB360)
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (3DS)

Currently Playing:
Red Dead Redemption (XB360)
Orcs Must Die! (PC)

Other Games in Backlog (Pre-2012):
Skyrim (PC)
Fallout New Vegas (PC)
Cave Story+ (PC)
The Binding of Isaac (PC)
The Witcher 2 (PC)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
Trine (PC)
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) (Left off about a year ago, around 25 hours in.)
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
MGS Peace Walker HD (PS3) (I've finished MGS2 and MGS3 in other forms)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS3)
Outland (XBLA)
A.R.E.S. (PC)
Transformers: War for Cybertron (PC)
Starcraft II (PC)

Finished in 2012
Limbo (PC) - Jan 2nd - 3 Hours
Pitiri 1977 (PC) - Jan 11th - 1 Hour
Run Roo Run (iPad) - Jan 13th - 2 Hours
Gears of War 3 (XB360) - Jan 15th -
Batman: Arkham Asylum (XB360) - Jan 15th
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (XB360) - Jan 20th - 6 Hours
Bastion (PC) - Jan 29th - 5.5 Hours

http://backloggery.com/solidefy

Brashnir

I'm willing to participate in this, but I'll have to wait a month to actually finish all the Xbox 360 games I've bought. I'm at like -30 already if not... probably -5 on PC too now that I think of it.

The thread is as much about making progress as it is about achieving a number in an absolute sense. I'd love to see your progress as you whittle down that -35 over the upcoming weeks.

Got my own custom spreadsheet made up. Feeling good about this. Now I know for a fact I'm gonna be buying some games, but I'm just gonna try and use this as a way to chip away at the massive backlog/pile of shame staring me in the face and either go "backlog bankrupt" on a couple titles and just cut my losses, or go at them full on. I've already been able to identify 10 games in my backlog that I'm just gonna give up on since I know that I'll never want to finish them. This will also be a way to control continuous dumping onto my backlog.

Games Purchased so far in 2012: (-3)
Games Beaten so far in 2012: (+0)
Overall For 2012: (-3)

Games purchased so far in 2012: (-3)
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
  • Pushmo (3DSware)
    [*]Resident Evil Revelations <---- I can wait :)
  • Mass Effect 3
- I've already got a Vita on pre-order as well

Games Beaten so far in 2012: (+/- 0)
This should go up soon though, as I'm nearing the end of Super Mario 3D Land (at least I'm pretty sure I'm almost done). That will feel good. The thing that hurts me is that my backlog/pile of shame has A LOT of RPGs in it. So I'm gonna be tracking the hours I spend on my backlog in 2012 as well -- although that is outside of the scope for this thread.

Currently Playing
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Batman Arkham City

ctrayne

Does it count if you don't finish a game, but decide it sucks after spending a fair amount of time with it and uninstall it? :)

Brashnir

Does it count if you don't finish a game, but decide it sucks after spending a fair amount of time with it and uninstall it? :)

For the purpose of this thread, no. But I've done that a lot of times over the years. Scrap it from the backlog, and provide us a review as a Public Service.

ctrayne

For the purpose of this thread, no. But I've done that a lot of times over the years. Scrap it from the backlog, and provide us a review as a Public Service.

Word. In that case:

Lord of the Rings: War in the North and Warhammer 40k: Space Marine both were uninstalled and put in the "don't care enough to finish" folder. Nothing terribly wrong with either of them - they're technically sound and quite decent in the A/V department - but they're also both very tedious and repetitive. Once you've killed a few Orks, you've seen most of what Space Marine has to offer in gameplay. A lot of reviews say it's wasted potential on a good franchise. I don't know much about Warhammer, but I can tell the lore is interesting enough to warrant a more diverse game.

I spent about 4 hours on Space Marine and it felt much longer than the 40 I spent on DXHR. I was shocked when I realized I was only halfway through the game. My brain was totally shut down and I was thinking about playing different games the whole time.

This thread will be fun, though I can already tell I'll start looking at my Gamefly queue differently, since only purchased games count.

Current Score: -3

Bought in 2012 (-5):

Super Street Fighter IV: AE - Bought during Steam holiday sale. Haven't left Challenge mode. Don't know if I will. So many characters, so much fun.

Bejeweled 3 - Bought on Steam sale. Haven't started.

QUBE - Bought on Steam after watching the GiantBomb Quick Look. Haven't started.

Titan Quest Gold - Bought on Steam sale. Haven't started.

Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark - Bought this morning due to the Steam sale and the GiantBomb Quick Look on the A-10C Warthog version. I don't have a flight stick, hoping that doesn't discourage me. Honestly I'm looking forward to just sitting in the cockpit and troubleshooting my way to a successful takeoff.

Finished in 2012 (2):

Saint's Row: The Third - Posted about this one in Anslon's latest thread. Delightful game. So much to reflect back on with a huge smile on my face. Got the
not-Mars
ending and may go replay the last mission for the other one soon.

The Witcher 2 - Dropped a slot in my top-10 2011 list after beating Saint's Row, but this is still high up there. Bought it on day one and for some reason I took a break about a third of the way through for about 6 months. Picked it right back up late last year and had no trouble acclimating, which is good because the story sucked me in at that point. Might wait a while for a second play through because I want to start from the beginning and make a slew of different choices.

Currently Playing:

Sequence - Bought this on Steam just days before the new year. Finally started it last Wednesday night and have had a lot of trouble putting down the controller. Tonight I should finish it. Just one more item to synthesize and I don't have a clue where to find the last ingredient for it. My only option is to unlock the door to what I thought was the final boss, but perhaps it's not...

Darksiders - I really like this game, but I'm in a pissed off mood playing it now. I played through nearly to the end last year, but dropped it for a while when I got to a frustrating moment. Months later, my autosave seemed to be gone or at the wrong point, so I had lost a few hours. Picking the game back up (on Medium difficulty) from the latest save I had proved almost impossible. I'd forgotten how tough some of the enemies were and I was getting slaughtered. A few days ago I started a fresh save on Easy difficulty and I'm trying to rush through it. Just want to see the ending in time for the sequel.

Psychonauts - Never played it before. Bought it on Steam during the holiday sale. Finished the training area. Not sure what I think about it so far. I hope it gets more interesting.

Other Games in Backlog:

Um, I'll only mention the ones I'd really like to beat this year:

Borderlands DLC (beat the main game twice but haven't touched any DLC)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Cave Story+
Costume Quest
Crysis 2
Cthulhu Saves the World
Dark Souls
Dead Island
Disgaea 4
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: New Vegas
Far Cry 2
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII
Planescape: Torment
Puzzle Agent
Puzzle Agent 2
Rage
Recettear
Red Faction: Guerilla
Renegade Ops
Rock of Ages
Rush
Shank
Singularity
Sonic Generations
Toki Tori
Torchlight
Trine

January ended up pretty great. Beat two more games, GunForce 2 and Ben There, Dan That! since my last post.

Games bought in January: -8
Games completed in January: +16
Net change in 2012: +8

I'm currently nearing the end of Ys: The Ark of Nepishtim which I'll try to wrap up before Final Fantasy XIII-2 arrives.

Games Bought in 2012: 0

Games Completed in 2012: 2
Portal
Skyrim

Skyrim: Just beat the main quest and a couple of other major quest lines and I think I'm gonna take a break from it for a while. There's not much to say that hasn't been said really it's great, the world is amazing and really fun to explore. The combat isn't perfect and the story is pretty meh but still an amazing game

Overall change: +2

Bebpo

Banned
Finished 2 more games and didn't buy anything (yay!) yet, so I'm up to +6

Bought:
Castlevania LoS
Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing

Cleared:
Dead Space Extraction
Uncharted 3
Rock of Ages
Orcs Must Die
Saints Row The Third
Outland
Final Fantasy Type 0
Renegade Ops

Type 0 was iffy, RO was good fun.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Bought So far

Jan
Battlefield 3(PC): I really don't know why I got it.
Duke Nukem Forever(PC): It was a dollar thanks to someone giving me a coupon, so why not.
Risen(PC): 5.99, DRM free on Amazon. Why not.

Total: -3

Beaten

Jan
Bulletstorm(PC): 12 hours to beat main story + all Echoes with 3 stars.
Mass Effect(PC): 18 hours to clear Main story with some side missions
Portal 2(PC): 6 and a half hours for main story
Mass Effect 2(PC): 22 hours. Complete clear. All Loyalty and side missions done.

Total: +4

Currently Playing
Dragon's Age Origins

IrishNinja

man, you know my progress sucks when im putting shit like "Find Mii" in my completes, haha.

also: what do you guys say about remakes? they're in the bottom of my queue personally, but team ico, MGS HD, upcoming Silent Hill etc...do you consider ports of your formerly-beaten games, with no new content, to still be unbeaten? just curious about other people's systems.

man, you know my progress sucks when im putting shit like "Find Mii" in my completes, haha.

also: what do you guys say about remakes? they're in the bottom of my queue personally, but team ico, MGS HD, upcoming Silent Hill etc...do you consider ports of your formerly-beaten games, with no new content, to still be unbeaten? just curious about other people's systems.

I consider them unbeaten. Also, I consider each game within an HD/Remake collection as separate games. Gives me the satisfaction of only having to beat one of them to mark another as completed. Plus they have separate trophies most of the time too.

Amory

man i thought my backlog was bad (like 15 games or so) some of you guys are craaaazy lol. can't imagine letting it get that out of hand.

Sinople

Update and final result for January

Bought:
Growlanser V (PS2)
The Last Story (Wii)
Legaia (PS1)
Gran Turismo 2 (PS1)
Dino Crisis (PS1)
Klonoa (PS1)
Bealphareth (PSN Game Archives)
The Adventure of Little Ralph (PSN Game Archives)
Space Channel 5 Part 2 (PSN)

Finished:
Assassin's Creed
A great concept ruined by too many repetitive missions. It could have been so much more fun with more variety. Too bad... 3/5

Total: -8

Last update for January. I was hoping to get Toki Tori wrapped up by tomorrow but then the game got all fucking hard, so I probably won't finish it 'til February. ;p I need to update my backloggery into a useful form, too. I'll link it up when I'm finished fiddling with it.

Finished
Note: I play way too many games without a clear ending, as well as iOS games which receive constant new level packs, so I think it's more appropriate to note that I am "finished" with these games as in removing them from my backlog
1. Magic: the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - great update, plenty of cool decks and new modes. Essential! Steam
2. Orcs Must Die! - my 3rd favorite TD game at the moment. I will definitely be revisiting this. If the passivity of these games bothers you, give this one a spin. Essential! Steam
3. Dogfighter - got this in a pack a couple sales ago and decided to take it out for a spin. Not a huge fan of the controls or the gameplay, really. Looks like it has something to offer for multiplayer fans but that ain't me. Pass Steam
4. Fragger - ugh, seriously crappy ripoff of Angry Birds. Can't believe this was actually recommended to me! They had an interesting opportunity here to mix up the physics with the grenades instead they need to...roll to a stop before exploding? Uninspired enemies, bad sound design, mediocre level design. Avoid! iPad
5. VVVVVV - Enjoyed this a great deal more than I expected to. The level design was fantastic, and the soundtrack was so good I might even buy it, and that's something I almost never do. If this is fermenting in your backlog, give it a spin; it should be easy to check off your list. I finished it in under three hours...with over 1,000 deaths. ;p Recommended Steam

January score (final): -8
Year-to-date: -8

January purchases
1. Unstoppable Gorg (2012)
2. RoboHero (2012)
3. Kingdom Rush (2012)
4. Driver San Francisco (2011)
5. Avadon: The Black Fortress (2011)
6. Ascendancy (2011)
7. Squids (2011)
8. Afrika (2009)
9. The Great Art Race (2009)
10. Depths of Peril (2007)
11. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (2007)
12. Darkstar One (2006)
13. Patrician III (2003)

Very happy to get into a new month so I can turn a new page on my purchasing habits. Really going to try hard not to buy more than a couple new games next month, and I'm still gonna try and get my YTD score into the positive by the end of the month.

I'm throwing my hat into the ring, as many things are distracting me in this typically dry month (GAF being one of them, natch). I'll probably update this monthly with links to the old single posts.

I'm also not counting preordered games, as they haven't been charged to me yet, nor have I gotten them yet. I'll count those as "bought" in the months they arrive in. KISS and all that.

January

Bought: 0

Beaten: 2
Recettear
Persona 2:IS

Playing: 2
Bastion
Geneforge 1

Backlog:
Beyond Good and Evil (GC)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (GC)
Legend of Zelda:Master Quest (GC)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Devil Summoner 1 (PS2)
Brutal Legend (360)
Demon's Souls (PS3) (beat Dark Souls before Demon's Souls. THE NERVE.)
Geneforge 2 (PC)
Geneforge 3 (PC)
Geneforge 4 (PC)
Geneforge 5 (PC)
Witcher 2 (PC)

For a score of +2

Been very good about not buying crap, but some acquired tastes. I also have a BRUTAL wave of games coming down the pipeline in spring, so I better get crackin'.

Updated: 1/30/12

Purchased: -16
  • Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
  • Elemental Gearbolt
  • Etrian Oddyssy III
  • Growlanser: Heritage of War
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
  • Rayman Origins
  • Vanguard Bandits
  • Z.H.P. - Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman
  • Clubhouse Games
  • Dark Void
  • Kung Fu Rider
  • Metal Slug 7
  • PoP: The Forgotten Sands
  • Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
  • Super Street Fighter IV
    [*]Otomedius Excellent

Finished: +3
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 3

Total Points: -13

I would say yes, if you spent at least three hours or so with it. I wouldn´t count it when someone installs it, plays around for five minutes, says "meh" and uinstalls, but it would be odd to have minus scores because of games you know you don´t want to complete.

No, I wouldn´t count it as unbeaten. I´m not doing it with ICO and Shadow of the Colossus for PS3. The point of purchasing them again was not to push me to go through them as quickly as possible again.

Murkas

Backloggery

Update:

Finished F.E.A.R 2, thought it wasn't as good as the first and seems way to short, Steam says I only spent 4 hours on it, good thing I bought this on sale. Will get the 3rd one when it gets cheap enough. My score isn't going to change though because I purchased Inazuma Eleven, canceling it out.

Games I bought in 2012 so far
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles -1
Final Fantsy 9 -1
Inazuma Eleven -1

Games Finished in 2012
InFAMOUS 2 +1
Mario Kart 7 +1
Starfox 3D +1
Hard Reset +1
Bastion +1
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles +1
New Super Mario Bros Wii +1
Saints Row The third +1
F.E.A.R. 2 +1

Score so far= 6

also: what do you guys say about remakes?

I think it's fair upfront to say that you're buying something you don't own purely for archival purposes (I picked up Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando the other day despite having beaten it twice just because I might conceivably want to play it again someday and it was $5) but if you pick up the HD collection when you already have the older versions you're proooobably buying it to actually play and therefore you should count it.

otakuderek

I'm in! I have plenty of games in my backlog that I need to finish and save a little cash along the way. I just finished updating my backloggery and it makes me sad all the games that are so talked about on GAF yet I haven't played them.

http://www.backloggery.com/vendettaxxi

Purchased: -2

• Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Finished: +1

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Total: -1

I don't know what I want to play next. Thinking of finishing Skyrim to get that monster out of there. Maybe work on Deus Ex: Human Revolution also.

Brashnir

I think it's fair upfront to say that you're buying something you don't own purely for archival purposes (I picked up Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando the other day despite having beaten it twice just because I might conceivably want to play it again someday and it was $5) but if you pick up the HD collection when you already have the older versions you're proooobably buying it to actually play and therefore you should count it.

Yeah, I think intent is key. If you buy it with the intention of playing it, it should probably count towards your backlog. I'm counting Halo:CE anniversary as backlog even though I played through the original game way back in 2001.

Netto-kun

January
Bought: 3
Beaten: 8
January score: +5

New month and a brand new 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land. I also played around with Street Fighter IV Volt (Arcade Mode with Ryu). Still playing The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC (Chapter 4 right now), but I haven't gotten around to play more Skyward Sword.

Games bought in February:

Games beaten in February:
Street Fighter IV Volt (iOS)

Current score: +1

My Backloggery.

Arukado

Updated: 2/5/12

Purchased in 2012: -4
Ridge Racer Type 4
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth