• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't figured it out by now, it's done for principal- the ban messages make that clear if you read them detached from the petty fight. None of us on the staff are emotionally attached, hence why it's easy to spot those that are- in here when they come to whine about it, and in the threads they use for their ardent warrior bait.

In the end- Atari VCS > than all you plebs.
I'm sorry, you seem to have misspelled Sega Genesis (Megadrive for the uncivilized)

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
If you haven't figured it out by now, it's done for principal- the ban messages make that clear if you read them detached from the petty fight. None of us on the staff are emotionally attached, hence why it's easy to spot those that are- in here when they come to whine about it, and in the threads they use for their ardent warrior bait.

This should answer tryDEATH tryDEATH 's rambling, too. Even if you're putting down shares on Sony or MS stock --does brand loyalty really matter that much? Just play the games and have fun as many have already reiterated.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I'm sorry, you seem to have misspelled Sega Genesis (Megadrive for the uncivilized)

Sega Genesis/MD is the GRAND CHAMP!

giphy.gif

pawel86ck

Banned

I hope that's the case👍. I have to admit many diehard fans from both sides were warned and banned lately, so I'm guessing you mods know what you are doing :).

Last edited:

Stuart360

Can i just ask Evilore/The mods something that has been on my mind for a while, Gold members are not immune, or judged differently, when it comes to moderation right?.
Not talking about anyone in paticular, its just something that has been on my mind a while, and wanted some clarification.

Last edited:

CuNi

I dealt and deal with a lot of very successful very wealthy people .
Lots of good ones lot of crazy ones. Rich people can be very crazy.
And i have to master the art of biting my tongue and go along with a lot of bullshit cuz at the end of the day they pay my bills.
I am not saying i have emotinal intelligence or i can hide my thoughts all the time. But i got much better with my poker face over the years.

Vfx to me based on what i gather has no people skills. He may be introvert he may be a very private person but he just doesnt know how to read and deal with people.

He has a long but very long history of alienating people around him.
He got banned from reee which means nothing and he got banned several times here.
Most people hate him.
Most people are sick of him.

He can complain and yell he is misunderstod or that gaf is all sony pony and no one can have an intelligent conversation with him etc.

But a man is judged by his actions.

So vfx. Instead of expecting hundreds of thousands of members to change how about you show us that you can change???
Cuz if you continue to jump into all the sony threads to only comment how that game will be better and best on pc and then cry sony peeps beat your ass there is no future for you here and you will be hated forever.

Its not the message its your delivery that is the biggest problem i see all the time.

VFX is right though.
Facts are not being nice to anybody, nor should they be.
If someone goes on about saying the earth is flat, well he's fucking wrong. I don't think anyone should sugarcoat it for him when saying "No, you are wrong and here is why!".
And I don't know for whom you speak when you say "most people hate him". If anything, it's the same few people that go around spreading FUD and can't handle facts and instead turn to reporting and crying.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Can i just ask Evilore/The mods something that has been on my mind for a while, Gold members are not immune, or judged differently, when it comes to moderation right?.
Not talking about anyone in paticular, its just something that has been on my mind a while.

If you buy a year supply of GOLD NOW, you get 3 FREE get out of ban tokens to use at your leisure.

ACT FAST- THIS DEAL WON'T LAST!

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

tenor.gif

VFX is right though.
If someone goes on about saying the earth is flat, well he's fucking wrong. I don't think anyone should sugarcoat it for him when saying "No, you are wrong and here is why!".
And I don't know for whom you speak when you say "most people hate him". If anything, it's the same few people that go around spreading FUD and can't handle facts and instead turn to reporting and crying.
Exactly. A spade is a spade. *Insert off topic acceptable joke*

Some don't like the truth, and it angers them. But he'll be back soon to express his side of things.

If you buy a year supply of GOLD NOW, you get 3 FREE get out of ban tokens to use at your leisure.

ACT FAST- THIS DEAL WON'T LAST!
Is this forreal?! I might have to hop on that too last me till 2022!

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Not talking about anyone in paticular, its just something that has been on my mind a while, and wanted some clarification.
GamerNYC was temp banned while having Good member status prior to his meltdown thread and eventual perma. Do like Mod of War Mod of War said or possibly stay out of the Next-Gen speculation thread if you're brand dependent.

CuNi

Exactly. A spade is a spade. *Insert off topic acceptable joke*

Some don't like the truth, and it angers them. But he'll be back soon to express his side of things.

Is this forreal?! I might have to hop on that too last me till 2022!

The following is just speculations:
He may be back soon, but even as a vetted user there's just so many bans that the mods can justify before a perm I think. (
Obviously, some of us agree with how he does things, others do not and if mods decide that he continues to have a bannable behaviour, sooner or later he'll be gone for good.

GamerNYC was temp banned while having Good member status prior to his meltdown thread and eventual perma. Do like Mod of War Mod of War said or possibly stay out of the Next-Gen speculation thread if you're brand dependent.
Poor guy still checks in everyday. Feel bad for him kinda. I'm sure he would get his act together if given the chance to come back. For the first few days at least...

PizteaR.png

Jtibh

Banned
VFX is right though.
I am a very busy man.
My time on gaf is over the phone.
I have the luxury to do what ever i want therefor i can check in here several times.

But i dont have the time to compile all his posts that are 9 out of 10 times about how A all ps exclusives come to pc B ps exclusives will look way better on pc and these are comments about upcomming games.

You know it is like me going with a ferrari to a subaru honda acura rice rocket event and tell everyone how your brain will exit your head upon accelaration in the ferrari compared to your 1000 dollar fisher price wanabe car.

Its like pc is his religion and gaf is his plattform he wants to convert everyone over.

He said he would do a youtube chanel he would do this and that cuz he really wants to prove how much better pc is.

He is just pissed that no one cares for him.
At least i dont.

Jtibh

Banned
Oh yeah that would be a fair vote with how many radicals are on here. The guy was one of he worst fanboys and concern trollers on the forum.

You literally just had ago about VFX, but want a vote for this guy back?
One is perm the other has a timeout.

Fuck i got a timeout for calling someone a blind fool.

And radical....what do we call mrfunsocks or catlady etc then if we call this guy a radical?

One is perm the other has a timeout.

Fuck i got a timeout for calling someone a blind fool.

And radical....what do we call mrfunsocks or catlady etc then if we call this guy a radical?
Not-radical? They may post or say funny things, but they definitely don't troll like GamerNYC. For Christ sakes, who goes into a FS2020 and compares it with TLOU2?! Lol, unless Ellie identifies as an airplane, they have absolutely nothing in common.

Jtibh

Banned
Not-radical? They may post or say funny things, but they definitely don't troll like GamerNYC. For Christ sakes, who goes into a FS2020 and compares it with TLOU2?! Lol, unless Ellie identifies as an airplane, they have absolutely nothing in common.
Big tlou2 hater here.
I wouldnt put that game up against any other game ever.

You are right but again same thing with mentioned people above plus vfx who always go into the competitions thread to shit on stuff.

I put the guy on ignore myself as he came for me for a valid critic i made against some game or whatever and yes he was mental about it.

So.....fine keep him out.

But one thing gaf should do is upon perm ban auto delete the user name and account . Being able to log in only to be told you are banned is silly

CuNi

I am a very busy man.
My time on gaf is over the phone.
I have the luxury to do what ever i want therefor i can check in here several times.

But i dont have the time to compile all his posts that are 9 out of 10 times about how A all ps exclusives come to pc B ps exclusives will look way better on pc and these are comments about upcomming games.

You know it is like me going with a ferrari to a subaru honda acura rice rocket event and tell everyone how your brain will exit your head upon accelaration in the ferrari compared to your 1000 dollar fisher price wanabe car.

Its like pc is his religion and gaf is his plattform he wants to convert everyone over.

He said he would do a youtube chanel he would do this and that cuz he really wants to prove how much better pc is.

He is just pissed that no one cares for him.
At least i dont.

For someone who doesn't care about him you sure Worte more than the people on here that do care about him lol.

And like I said, facts don't change that yes, with the very nature of what a pc is and means, games will look better on it. Better doesn't mean it'll be a generational difference and games on console look like a ps2 game or something like that. Better can be everything from simply more FPS to big difference like way more raytracing, draw distance etc. Games still will look great on console, no doubt about that. But if you are butthurt about someone saying games will look best on pc then maybe you're too invested in gaming from a emotional point of view.

I'll check out his post history later to check out if your 9 out of 10 times claim holds any ground.

Jtibh

Banned
For someone who doesn't care about him you sure Worte more than the people on here that do care about him lol.

And like I said, facts don't change that yes, with the very nature of what a pc is and means, games will look better on it. Better doesn't mean it'll be a generational difference and games on console look like a ps2 game or something like that. Better can be everything from simply more FPS to big difference like way more raytracing, draw distance etc. Games still will look great on console, no doubt about that. But if you are butthurt about someone saying games will look best on pc then maybe you're too invested in gaming from a emotional point of view.

I'll check out his post history later to check out if your 9 out of 10 times claim holds any ground.
May i divert your attention to the demon souls coming to pc thread.

Please notice all the xbox fans commenting that there is no need to buy a ps5 anymore and please notice all the reactions to thos comments and by whom they are namely all xbox radicals.

You telling me that level of idiocy is accepted cuz....they line up with your views???

Please notice how all the xfans are now in every single sony thread and as always jiat shit on sony.

God forbid we can be happy and excited about something .

See it goes both ways.

Jtibh

Banned
Patterns of behavior. Context. Intent. Accumulated warnings and bans.

These are the days of our lives~~
Not disputing nygamer ban. The guy came for me for the smallest disagreement.
All i say there are a lot of bad apples on both sides and more so on the xbox side as is the case in this very second.

I am not offended that they trash the sony threads right now but i want to enjoy the news , give us some time to absorb the info since sony fucked up by not even showing the release date , but instead you go into the thread and its just kindergarten level of nonesence.

Little clean up wouldnt hurt

Danny 117

Not disputing nygamer ban. The guy came for me for the smallest disagreement.
All i say there are a lot of bad apples on both sides and more so on the xbox side as is the case in this very second.

I am not offended that they trash the sony threads right now but i want to enjoy the news , give us some time to absorb the info since sony fucked up by not even showing the release date , but instead you go into the thread and its just kindergarten level of nonesence.

Little clean up wouldnt hurt

I mean, we all saw what happened in every Xbox thread up until these announcements, and I'm just a lurker for the most part.

"Cross Gen is bad"
"XSX held back by 1.31 TF Xbox One"
Craig
"Game design will be compromised"

I think the Xbox fans should be allowed to have a bit of a laugh here, just not to the point where they derail every thread - I agree with you there!

Jtibh

Banned
I mean, we all saw what happened in every Xbox thread up until these announcements, and I'm just a lurker for the most part.

"Cross Gen is bad"
"XSX held back by 1.31 TF Xbox One"
Craig
"Game design will be compromised"

I think the Xbox fans should be allowed to have a bit of a laugh here, just not to the point where they derail every thread - I agree with you there!
Sure yes.

But where sony fans made fun of a game looking worse than a mobile title thats suppose to be the flagship title for xbox xbox fans fight back with a ps game coming to pc? Where every single xbox title is coming day one to pc?

There is having fun and there is just being a child.
Imagine you are an xbox fan and you root for a ps game going to pc not even to xbox and that makes you happy.

Anyways the cat is out of the bag the worst is over and i hope gaf can be normal again.

Correction.

Demon souls is not coming to pc (for now) so i guess we wont go back to normal cuz sony radicals will fight back 😂😂

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I’m really surprised timeflais timeflais is banned. He is a bit of an eccentric thinker, at least as far as his posting style seems to go, but really enjoyed having him around. He was summoned into a One Piece thread one day because another poster had summoned him w/ timeflais timeflais , introduced himself in his own way to everyone, and brought up some brilliant details that nobody else caught or knew (or at least, had shared in the thread) in all the time it had been up and running for discussion

And he seemed to mean well too. He offered his availability at any time to speak if I wanted via PM; to discuss the anime. And I remember him saying the same to another poster in a thread, but that particular poster was having (going through) some trouble iirc. I think he is a solid bro. does anyone know the reason he was banned and what are the chances of him being forgiven / second chance?

In the honorable name of Usopp, please advise

nush

Gold Member
I’m really surprised timeflais timeflais is banned. He is a bit of an eccentric thinker, at least as far as his posting style seems to go, but really enjoyed having him around. He was summoned into a One Piece thread one day because another poster had summoned him w/ timeflais timeflais , introduced himself in his own way to everyone, and brought up some brilliant details that nobody else caught or knew (or at least, had shared in the thread) in all the time it had been up and running for discussion

And he seemed to mean well too. He offered his availability at any time to speak if I wanted via PM; to discuss the anime. And I remember him saying the same to another poster in a thread, but that particular poster was having (going through) some trouble iirc. I think he is a solid bro. does anyone know the reason he was banned and what are the chances of him being forgiven / second chance?

Already been discussed.

Start here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-ban-review-justice-project.1463407/post-260142305

He'd have all the answers to today's blunderfuck

Shmunter

Somehow bumped into this thread and spent 45min pissing myself laughing at the vfxveteran dramedy. Now that’s some entertaining crap if I ever saw it. Thank you to all the participants.

😂

Somehow bumped into this thread and spent 45min pissing myself laughing at the vfxveteran dramedy. Now that’s some entertaining crap if I ever saw it. Thank you to all the participants.

😂
I bet you would find it funny, especially when your user name has 5 pages of dialogue with him. It's well known that you don't like him, but it's an obsession to say the least how some of you guys can't take his name out your mouth.

Shmunter

I bet you would find it funny, especially when your user name has 5 pages of dialogue with him. It's well known that you don't like him, but it's an obsession to say the least how some of you guys can't take his name out your mouth.

Yeah and?

Besides looking at post history condenses timelines. Any of my interaction with him are merely a blink in the context of the forum. But it’s always a good laugh, even after he gets expunged. Don’t get to say that often.

I bet that's how you look like everytime you read vfxv comments 😂😈.

I was thinking more like this.

kc5cnS4.jpg

Yeah and?

Besides looking at post history condenses timelines. Any of my interaction with him are merely a blink in the context of the forum. But it’s always a good laugh, even after he gets expunged. Don’t get to say that often.

I don't get the need to keep kicking someone when they are down, or constantly bringing them up. People were happy when GamerNYC got his perm, and he definitely deserved it after a million and 1 drive-bys. But people don't go on and on about him, compared to some of you guys and VFX.

If you don't like em, block em, right?

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I don't get the need to keep kicking someone when they are down, or constantly bringing them up. People were happy when GamerNYC got his perm, and he definitely deserved it after a million and 1 drive-bys. But people don't go on and on about him, compared to some of you guys and VFX.

To be fair I think it's about equal, maybe even more so for the NYC gangsta especially with his ridiculous meltdown thread. He gave people a lot of material.

To be fair I think it's about equal, maybe even more so for the NYC gangsta especially with his ridiculous meltdown thread. He gave people a lot of material.
That's true, the moderation seems a lot better than it's ever been. Even though it's been debunked, I swear that reaction had some inspiration from NYC lol.

I just find the infatuation/obsession some of these guys have with VFX to be interesting, but embarrassing at the same time.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There's a few big Sony defenders that made profile lately, wouldn't be surprised if NYC is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom