• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #112 - "After 'Happily Ever After'"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
Extreme Lows and great highs word count threads have been done already. 2000 words seems to work best. Though it's nice to get a good 1500 one now and then.

Bombadil

Banned
Congratulation Tangent! Now hurry and put up the next thread :)

Well I have to agree to some degree, but you have to consider that everyone has to read all the stories. At the moment we have around 12-15 entries per thread. If the stories get much longer that would equal to reading a short novel in 3 days. I'm not saying that that is such an impossible thing, but it sure does take some time to read all the stories as it is and I fear that if they get longer people might be more inclined to just skim over them, which wouldn't do the effort the writers have put into them any justice.
Besides I think that writing a story that is complete and coherent while keeping the word count is actually part of the challenge.

Perhaps we should extend the time we have to read all the submissions.

Irish

Fact: Lower word limits produce better overall stories. I really don't think they should go above 1,500 for the most part and I generally think people get more creative when they have less to work with, so even that is pushing it.

Bombadil

Banned
Let's have a cap and trade system.

If one of you has a couple hundred words to spare, let me have it. Then it all balances out.

Fact: Lower word limits produce better overall stories. I really don't think they should go above 1,500 for the most part and I generally think people get more creative when they have less to work with, so even that is pushing it.

I, on the other hand, have trouble writing any coherent story in so few words, so perhaps in that sense it does serve as good practice for me, but I don't think it really leads to me producing better stories.

Cyan

Banned
Around 2000 has generally been good, but there's nothing wrong with changing it up every once in a while.

Maybe we should do another limitless one sometime soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom