• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #177 - "Revenge!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangent

Congrats, Nezumi! I think that was one of your best stories yet! (Though I'm still attached to the one about a circus with fantasy creatures getting the brunt of it behind the scenes.)

Nezumi

Congrats, Nezumi! I think that was one of your best stories yet! (Though I'm still attached to the one about a circus with fantasy creatures getting the brunt of it behind the scenes.)

^_^ Funny enough I was not happy with this week's story at all. Balance between world building and actual stuff happening was way off and I had to make the ending very abrupt because I had run out of words. Anna and Kip were not supposed to die in my original outline...
Self perception vs. Perception of others, I guess :D

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I thought about posting this in the writing thread, but honestly all the people I really want to hear from post in this thread. I really want to become a much better writer, and I think a step in that is addressing my own strengths and weaknesses, so I'm going through all of my old things for these challenges and their feedback starting from a year ago. Anyway, i was hoping people could help me out with their opinions of my writing? Of my strengths and most importantly my weaknesses? Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I really do value everyones opinions here the most. If you're will to help, could you pm your thoughts to me? Thanks if you do, and thanks for sticking around these threads for so long. We did a lot of great stories for this past year. It's been fun looking back.

Mike M

Nick N
I thought about posting this in the writing thread, but honestly all the people I really want to hear from post in this thread. I really want to become a much better writer, and I think a step in that is addressing my own strengths and weaknesses, so I'm going through all of my old things for these challenges and their feedback starting from a year ago. Anyway, i was hoping people could help me out with their opinions of my writing? Of my strengths and most importantly my weaknesses? Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I really do value everyones opinions here the most. If you're will to help, could you pm your thoughts to me? Thanks if you do, and thanks for sticking around these threads for so long. We did a lot of great stories for this past year. It's been fun looking back.
As terrible a person as it may make me, I can't really keep most people's back catalogs in my head. Which is actually kind of a point in your favor, because I don't get to thinking, "Oh, Flowersisbritish is doing such and such again."

If you want to give a representative sampling of maybe three of what you think are your best efforts, I can get around to drilling down on them.

Nezumi

I second Mike in the notion that a few samples of work you feel proud of would be good. If you are looking for less general comments than "I think you are good with characterization" that is.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
As terrible a person as it may make me, I can't really keep most people's back catalogs in my head. Which is actually kind of a point in your favor, because I don't get to thinking, "Oh, Flowersisbritish is doing such and such again."

If you want to give a representative sampling of maybe three of what you think are your best efforts, I can get around to drilling down on them.

I second Mike in the notion that a few samples of work you feel proud of would be good. If you are looking for less general comments than "I think you are good with characterization" that is.

I guess it would be these three. Feel free to say anything to me. Again, would appreciate it if thoughts were pm'd to me. I feel weird hijacking the thread as is, even if it is pretty much dormant for the next three weeks.

Icarus Specifically parts 2 3 and 4 seeing as those were the ones I wrote.
The man in the big house
The Witch's Flower

Really look forward to seeing everyones stories again once december finally comes around.

Neeener

Neo Member
hey guys!

When is the next challenge starting in December? I'm not doing Nano as I just finally finished some crazy work projects. But super excited to get back to doing stories.

Nezumi

Well, since NaNo runs until Monday the 30th I say I put up the new thread on Tuesday December 1st.

Looking forward to having you back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom