• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is in the top five site referrer to HillaryClinton.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mule

George-Bush-Mission-accomplished.jpg

Has anyone figured out how this is possible? I lurk in OT all the time and I don't think I've ever seen a link to her site. Even if people talk about her and her campaign a lot they aren't linking to her actual official website.

Was there a widely posted hotlinked image or something?
This confuses me as well. Banned Goose called me "one of the biggest Hillary fanboys on the board" and I've never linked or seen linked her site.

It's an amusing story, at least.

This is exactly what makes me concerned when GAF gets super over confident that Hilldawg will win. This community is incredibly high-minded and insular - and, I love this community, but it's important we recognize our characteristics.
I take GAF being confident Hillary will win like I take Drudge being confident Trump will. People will cite polls and make surface-level logical arguments, but when you're collectively in the tank, objectivity is a pipe dream.

I get my political discussions elsewhere. Primary season was very enlightening.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Clinton is going to pull a PS vita out of her purse when she has some down time and she will do the Banderas when she wins.

As funny as a find this, isn't it funny how the net result of a moderation team that bans racists and people who can't argue well (In the past people could be banned for poor arguing on gaming side) led to a very liberal discussion board. I can't help but wonder why...

Amir0x

Banned
I take GAF being confident Hillary will win like I take Drudge being confident Trump will. People will cite polls and make surface-level logical arguments, but when you're collectively in the tank, objectivity is a pipe dream.

What a deviously vapid "both sides" argument. There is a considerable difference between people currently having confidence in a Hillary win versus people like Drudge having confidence in a Trump win. You can't call polling science superficial, as presidential polling has proven remarkably accurate for as long as you've been alive. You can't pretend comprehending the overwhelming historical precedence for the state of this race is "surface-level logic" either.

There is no actual alternative argument either. You can pretend the race is close and pretend that all relevant data doesn't suggest what people here predict, because the site is "in the tank." Just like we were "in the tank" for Hillary over Bernie during the primaries, and she still won - because, ya know, facts. Or just like we were "in the tank" for Obama over Romney and he still won (and Hillary is doing better than he was in 2012 at this point in time) because ya know, also facts.

It's quite a distinction between pretending to have an objective knowledge over which political perspective is right versus grasping the gravity of the evidence before us for who will win. Just because you don't like the objectivity of the source quoting the indisputable evidence does not actually change the evidence, no matter how much one prays to their deities of choice. As if getting your political discussion elsewhere (which, by the way, clearly isn't true, since you're participating in political discussion here right now) changes the state of the facts. (It doesn't.)

How was the primary session in any way evidence of gaf making delusional predictions due to collectively being 'in the tank'?

Gaf said Hillary would win primaries overwhelmingly; she won the primaries overwhelmingly.

Gaf said Trump would win long before most pundits did; Trump won.

What a deviously vapid "both sides" argument. There is a considerable difference between people currently having confidence in a Hillary win versus people like Drudge having confidence in a Trump win. You can't call polling science superficial, as presidential polling has proven remarkably accurate for as long as you've been alive. You can't pretend comprehending the overwhelming historical precedence for the state of this race is "surface-level logic" either.

There is no actual alternative argument either. You can pretend the race is close and pretend that all relevant data doesn't suggest what people here predict, because the site is "in the tank." Just like we were "in the tank" for Hillary over Bernie during the primaries, and she still won - because, ya know, facts. Or just like we were "in the tank" for Obama over Romney and he still won (and Hillary is doing better than he was in 2012 at this point in time) because ya know, also facts.

It's quite a distinction between pretending to have an objective knowledge over which political perspective is right versus grasping the gravity of the evidence before us for who will win. Just because you don't like the objectivity of the source quoting the indisputable evidence does not actually change the evidence, no matter how much one prays to their deities of choice. As if getting your political discussion elsewhere (which, by the way, clearly isn't true, since you're participating in political discussion here right now) changes the state of the facts. (It doesn't.)

Yup. GAF actually has some of the most rational discussions and views of politics I have seen anywhere. In general we are close to right on most things. Typically if people get too far off the facts they get called out for it, whether they are shilling too hard or not.

Iksenpets

Banned
I'm kind of sad that no other media picked up on the weird NeoGAF factoid in the Vice article and went and wrote a big profile piece about NeoGAF, the most pro-Hillary corner of the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom