• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf OLED owners thread

King Dazzar

I remember my Philips having similar issue. Still remember the warning about not holding the panel in case it breaks as its fragile, yet instructions showed lilting the set out of the box holding the panel? I ended up holding the box at an angle over a bed so the TV would slowly slide out onto the mattress
My 65" Philips OLED had clips thankfully. But I'm noticing smaller sizes, even 55" dont have them. The Samsung 85" I tried, not only had you slide the sleeve off over the top like most larger sizes (which can become a problem due to height). But had the TV then sit on its foundation blocks at the perfect height to then fix the base stand. Like all these things, I usually find I'm an expert by the time I'm finished and broken something.

Diddy X

Got a 55" lg c3 2 months ago, best TV i've owned, HDR content is so pleasant to look at, never had a screen like this, come from a cheap qled, big jump in image quality I just hope I don't get weird issues, so far so good.

Most if not all TV's I've bought (which is a lot) usually have clips or some release mechanism which allow the main bulk sides covering sleeve to slide off, leaving the TV in place on its foundation blocks.
Must be a shitty Eastern Europe package then. The back of the TV is not like in the tutorials I watched. Anyway we got it done, nothing cracked, image looks so good I can't even imagine what proper calibration will do.

Anxiously waiting to see how my 3080 works with it... I'm new to VRR and all that.

Must be a shitty Eastern Europe package then. The back of the TV is not like in the tutorials I watched. Anyway we got it done, nothing cracked, image looks so good I can't even imagine what proper calibration will do.

Anxiously waiting to see how my 3080 works with it... I'm new to VRR and all that.

I use a 3090 with my Philips which gives it 'Gysnc' compatibility so you get LFC and a range from 24-120 instead of the usual VRR range. I assume most TV's released in the past couple of years will be the same (y)

Bojji

Got a 55" lg c3 2 months ago, best TV i've owned, HDR content is so pleasant to look at, never had a screen like this, come from a cheap qled, big jump in image quality I just hope I don't get weird issues, so far so good.

I use a 3090 with my Philips which gives it 'Gysnc' compatibility so you get LFC and a range from 24-120 instead of the usual VRR range. I assume most TV's released in the past couple of years will be the same (y)

3080ti works amazing with Gsync on LG B2.

Jinzo Prime

Alright guys, hype for the LG G4 is growing but it is a bit out of my price range. Do you think the 55 inch C4 this year is a good substitute or something else?

Shtef

Sometimes when i start a game on series x i am getting no signal on the tv, so i need to reset the console and everything is fine. Its really annoying that happens often.
Also if i turn on the tv and then start the xbox i am getting 640x480 resolution so i have to setup everything again in the settings. I am using lg c3 with the latest firmware.

Sometimes when i start a game on series x i am getting no signal on the tv, so i need to reset the console and everything is fine. Its really annoying that happens often.
Also if i turn on the tv and then start the xbox i am getting 640x480 resolution so i have to setup everything again in the settings. I am using lg c3 with the latest firmware.
This is an LG + Xbox problem and has seemingly been around for years.

Power on the TV by pressing the remote's input button rather than power button, switch to the Xbox input (or make sure it is on that input), and it will automatically power on the Xbox after a few seconds. You should have hdmi-cec enabled on everything.

Bojji

Warning here, LG fucked one aspect of my B2 with the latest firmware 13.30.61.

I heard about VRR flickering issue way before buying tv and I was surprised that this issue was almost non existent on my tv - it only was visible on loading screens in some games, but then new update happened two days ago...

They overhauled main meny and start screen, added 4:4:4 pass through and convoluted some options in game mode but worst thing is that tv now shows vrr flicker in every game with HDR mode, only solution to this is to lock framerate to 50, 60, 100 or 120fps. This is true for both PC and PS5, in games with unlocked framerate (like unchated 4 on PS5 or spider man) it can be easily seen.

SDR vrr still works fine! What a bunch of fucks at LG, I hope they will fix this shit (I emailed them yesterday but I doubt they will read it). I don't know if other tvs other than B2 are affected but C2 and G2 probably got the same update.

Xtib81

Alright guys, hype for the LG G4 is growing but it is a bit out of my price range. Do you think the 55 inch C4 this year is a good substitute or something else?

Get the G3 or the s95c instead, it's a slow year in terms of improvements 👍

Last edited:

paolo11

Question I got LG c2 and want to play FF7 rebirth on performance mode. Any optimize settings to make it look decent/not blurry?

Top Bottom