• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
I think the most important thing with such a game is to be completely up front about it and say: "guys, this shit is barely a mafia game, so only join if you just want to have some insane fun, not if you actually want to play mafia". I think there is totally a place for such an experience as long as it is very clear up front.

Like Volcano island

Everyone LOVED volcano island

Darryl

Banned
DP was a hilarious game but it was basically a show about me making a major flavor misplay and giving away my entire team away. I'm really embarrassed about that one, but god it was funny at the time. I have a lot of guilt that I wasted a lot of people's time.

Zatoth

DP was a hilarious game but it was basically a show about me making a major flavor misplay and giving away my entire team away. I'm really embarrassed about that one, but god it was funny at the time. I have a lot of guilt that I wasted a lot of people's time.

Nah. It was cool. Best moment of the game.

Palmer_v1

What did you do? I didn't follow the game.

He disregarded a long list of safe names, and fake claimed one in use. Then doubled down on it.

The cop claim wasn't fake though, he really was a cop. A scum cop. There was no town cop.

Darry wasn't a scum cop he was a tracker, CM had a scum one shot cop ability that Darryl tried to play off as his power.

Darryl

Banned
What did you do? I didn't follow the game.

One of our team mates had a 1-time use name reveal, so we had the name of a player (Seath, who was Tinkerbell). The pace of the game was too slow, so in effort to get people talking I did a gambit that wasn't really town or scum-motivated. It was just because I was bored. I claimed that I was Wendy and that I knew Seath was Tinkerbell and that it was a part of my role.

It all unraveled when another player was actually Wendy. So I had to pivot and pretend that I was actually adult (erotic) Wendy.

The neutral (Mazre) ended up throwing me a bone and I was able to backpedal and claim a third time, but in doing so we had a last minute pile on to Christina Mackenzie (who was scum teammate).The reveal of CM gave away the fact that I was lying, because he had the name cop ability. And in doing this entire scheme, the rest of the scum had to pile on in numbers in effort to save me. So it gave town an extremely short list of people who were likely scum, and they just went down 1 by 1 after that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
^
laugh.gif

I realized in S2 I'm not very good at lying so this time I just won't look at my role PM. Problem solved.

Top Bottom