• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Mario Madness: Vote For Your Favorite Mario Character!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Didnt expect GAF to share my Waluigi love.

I have a large number of Mario characters that I love, but for my favorite, I have to give it to the everyman hero himself, Mario.

The dudes awesome.

I can't choose, but thinking about the characters made me realize Nintendo needs to make Bowser his own game.

All other great characters have them: Donkey Kong, Luigi, Wario, Yoshi... His Inside Story was decent, but not enough for the King of Koopas.

Gah, Luigi, Daisy or Rosalina. Why is this so hard!?

Daisy. I vote Daisy (if only because the other 2 will get more votes overall anyway, so the orange dressed nutter needs my support more).

250px-Wrecking_Crew_cover.jpg

Mario putting in some work

But yeah, its all Luigi.

Red Hood

Banned
No one should have to choose between Luigi, Wario and Donkey Kong!

I think I'll go with Luigi, primarily because he kinda shows us that you don't need to be fearless or macho to be a hero. It's the thought that counts. He also has tons of more personality than Mario.

scared_luigi_animated_2_by_ratchetmario-d5apf08.gif

Gartooth

Voted for Toad although Mario and Donkey Kong would be close runner ups. Captain Toad kind of reinstated what I liked about the character since he really isn't a typical hero. Also he was my go-to character in Mario Kart games. ("YAHOO", "IM THE BEST")

Good job Rosalina, keep on keeping Waluigi out of 1st place.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I was going to pick Shy Guy because why the fuck not but the sheer terror on this kids face in that gif has made me a believer in DK.

LMAO!! They look terrified.... This clip has my crying. Welp...dont think I will let my kids play Donkey Kong after seeing this...I will let them play tamer things like Outlast...

Lunar15

All this Rosalina love convinces me that the next Paper Mario game should absolutely feature Lumas. Shady lumas that deal star bits in back alleys. That'd be pretty in-line with the Paper Mario universe.

TrueBlue

Rosalina

Though it's not as clear-cut as my avatar suggests. Mario, Luigi and Bowser could take it on any given day, depends how I feel at the time.

rjinaz

Went with Daisy. Second choice would have been Toad. Neither of them are popular in this poll. I'll never understand the love Rosalina gets. But I don't need to understand, it's cool.

Timeaisis

My favorite Mario character in usual iterations is Luigi.
If we're just going by RPG appearances, though, Paper Bowser is like the greatest character of all time.

EDIT: Oh god so many Rosalina votes.

Kinsei

Banned
Vivian

Since she wasn't an option I chose Bowser, but what's the point of a favorite character in "x" series thread if you limit the choices to 16?

Top Bottom