• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neptune V (Compile Heart) announced for PS3

More screens up on the website.

nv251jbpj.jpg

nv268ka6c.jpg

nv22pmxpd.jpg

nv23cpzve.jpg

nv24yqll8.jpg

nv275pbqy.jpg

nv284fb9w.jpg

Also a bit of story info:

- Neptune gets transported to the alternate dimension of GC 1989 and meets up with Pururut (and Noire?) right after she arrives.
- Noire isn't a fully-fledged goddess (at least, not at the start).
- Planeptune is a newly developed nation.
- Vert and in particular Blanc are aggressors who're attacking the other nations.
- The villains are known as the 7 sages. There're scans of all of them floating around. Arfoire's one of them, though she's not the leader. The leader's a reserved woman called Rei who's apparently teased by the rest of the sages. The others are a fat middle-aged businessman, a male robot who's an 'okama' (look it up) at heart, a young(?) gothic-ish girl, another robot and Pirachu from Mk2.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Dammit, those screens. Ive avoided the first two games because of how bad they looked but temptation rising.

Uh, well they've got JRPG-ish battle systems with levelling and skills and all that. The battle system in 1 is pretty unremarkable to be honest. Can't comment on 2's yet.

The second game actually has a pretty good battle system, not just for Idea Factory, but in general. It's basically a slightly simplified version of the Arms system from Sakura Wars 3 and up (probably a major reason why I like it). There's some major missed opportunities, like they do too little with different areas of attack which is pretty sad for a battle system that lets you move around. But what is there is fun and quick, imo.

There are problems with mk.2, but the battle system isn't one of them.
Well if I can find mk.2 for cheap ill pick it up, otherwise I'll jump in with this installment. Thanks for the replies.

Coxy

that blue line in the background of some of those screenshots looks like the movement range of mk2's battle system? I'm certainly hoping so anyway

that blue line in the background of some of those screenshots looks like the movement range of mk2's battle system? I'm certainly hoping so anyway

it doesn't seems like they heavily modified the battle system this time ... Neptunia 1 had an awefull BSystem but we should n't have lots of changes this time ( there is no need to )

So yeah it's probably the movement range

Meet the villains:

DNAN3.jpg

Kiseijou Rei (CV: Yuu Kobayashi)

Despite being the leader of the Seven Sages, she acts hesitantly and fearful. She always gets teased for this by the other six members during meetings. She is already the leader of several public organizations in the (original?) world.

5EUFA.jpg

Akudaijin - CV: Kiyoyuki Yanada

A middle-aged man whose specialties are intrigue and conspiracy. Possesses a unique sense of aesthetics, by defining the things he can't clearly see as beautiful. In battle, he appears with a robot. He has infiltrated into Lowee, using his excellent skills in intrigue and conspiracy to operate.

Doz7Y.jpg

Magiquone (a.k.a Arfoire) - CV: Takahashi Chiaki

She joined the Seven Sages to eliminate the goddesses. Her logo says "Magiquone is back". She has a bigger focus than the other characters.

mdQpq.jpg

Anondeath - CV: Yuki Fujiwara

A male in body, a 'female' okama in spirit. He's excellent at hacking and works behind the shadows.

gaGTs.jpg

Warechuu (a.k.a Pirachu) - CV: Niko

"Warechuu the data-sucking monster". Promoted to a main villain, remains foul-mouthed. For example, it refers to the middle-aged women such as Magiquone as "old woman".

6QhBV.jpg

Abunesu - CV: Yui Shoji

PR Manager, she works to protect the little girls around the world. At a first glance she looks very young, but she's likely older. When she appears, she passes through an open door (apparently it's a reference to this. No, I don't get it either.

Xg9VI.jpg

CopyErase - CV: Taiten Kusonoki

He's the self-proclaimed strongest robot of the Seven Sages. Even if he's defeated in battle, if he repairs himself he can continue. Despite this, his head is weak (probably a reference to him being stupid).

- Bullied moe.
- Holy shit a proper human male character etc.
- Dat Arfoire.
- No idea why they brought Pirachu back considering where he ended up in the popularity poll.

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/487/487581/

^ Source. Also has more screens.

Scans of a new CPU, Yellow Heart, are out. Her CV name is hidden.

I'm going to guess she's based off Atari?
Some people are saying PC Engine (TurboGrafx) but as far as I can tell there's nothing to back that up. Also her CV is speculated to be Aoi Yuuki based on a leak a few weeks back.

From a storyline PoV, she's a goddess supported by the Seven Sages. Also Tsunako has apparently said her concept (personality?) is the opposite of Iris Heart.

I'd like to see the clean art first but I kinda like her look. Something about the claws and the wild expression on her face. Though I cannot unsee HDD Compa.

androvsky

Some people are saying PC Engine (TurboGrafx) but as far as I can tell there's nothing to back that up. Also her CV is speculated to be Aoi Yuuki based on a leak a few weeks back.

From a storyline PoV, she's a goddess supported by the Seven Sages. Also Tsunako has apparently said her concept (personality?) is the opposite of Iris Heart.

I'd like to see the clean art first but I kinda like her look. Something about the claws and the wild expression on her face. Though I cannot unsee HDD Compa.

If here colors were yellow and black I'd say PC Engine (Hudson Bee), but she's supposedly blond, big-boobed, and an airhead, so Atari makes sense too. :) It'd be sad to have Takahashi Meijin cameo and still not have Hudson represented otherwise though.

But the big news is none of the villains sound even remotely as creepy as CFW Trick!

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Considering the TurboGrafx 16 logo was kind of a orange-ish and yellow logo, I can see where that speculation is coming from.

I wonder if her 'concept' is the opposite of Pururut or Iris Heart. Iris is a sadist, right? Could Yellow Heart be a masochist?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Yellow Heart looks pretty cool.

And by cool I mean busty

Quixzlizx

I feel like IF is seriously trying to corrupt people by having little kid characters with those alternate personas. Iris Heart damn.

There're clearer scans of Yellow Heart out now. And holy shit her breasts are ridiculous in one of the CGs. She's also confirmed to be an enemy, at least initially.

From the article said:
Yellow Heart

CV: ?????

Quote: "I'm going at full power... Everyone, you will be blown away!!"

With an extremely bright personality, a goddess that brings innocence to the point of madness. She stands in Neptune and the others' way, being the new goddess supported by the enemies of this story, the Seven Sages. Using claws as weapons on both hands, her combat abilities are frightening, and the other goddesses will probably have to group up. What could be the real form of that girl before the transformation...?
So basically she sounds like a whackjob. I wonder if her non-HDD form will be Compa a character from the previous games or someone new.

The concept is "Friend and foe towards Iris". If you line everyone up, the physique itself is small (???), and even if judging by her face she looks like a bright heroine, [in reality she is] violent in several ways!. Even her battle standby motion suggests that something terrible is bound to happen. For the first time her equipment is composed of big weapons.

^ Tsunako on Yellow Heart. Whackjob confirmed.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just saw Yellow Heart. Holy crap is all I gotta say. They're just too ridiculous...in a way I don't like.

I fought with myself for 10 minutes about whether to make this update, but in the end common decency lost.

For the blissfully ignorant, this is Yellow Heart. #71 has more info on her.

Judging from the top screen, the mk2 world will be accessible in some form or another.

Whether chirps are still in remains to be seen, but the chibi NPCs (and cast members) are at least.

News just in: Lowee sucks. (I have no idea what this is)

More screens 'n' stuff at the Dengeki article: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/497/497610/

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Wow, Yellow Heart rubs me the wrong way, I already dislike her. Whether it is the outfit, the personality, or the buxom appearance, she just rubs me the wrong way.

Putting that character aside, the in-game parts look interesting. A natural progression off of Neptunia Mk2, which can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't get it, are these games actually good, or are people buying them because of anime tits?

What company is Yellow Heart supposed to be?
She's a CPU so she's supposed to be based on a console rather than a company. No-one knows which one yet but suggestions are PC Engine (TurboGrafx-16) or one of the Atari consoles.

I don't get it, are these games actually good, or are people buying them because of anime tits?
Long story short, first one has bad gameplay but people still bought it because it was full of videogame references / anime tropes / crazy shit. Second one tones down the craziness but is actually a good game.

Isn't the fifth one reggie fils aime?
Not my image, you may be right.

bon

She's a CPU so she's supposed to be based on a console rather than a company. No-one knows which one yet but suggestions are PC Engine (TurboGrafx-16) or one of the Atari consoles.
Now that you mention it, she does look a bit like a PC Engine.

06nXO.png

waifu material

androvsky

A couple of those battle screens show the yellow attack area, so it looks like the same battle system as mk 2, which is good news. The camera is a lot closer, but that might just be an option so it looks good in screenshots.

A couple of those battle screens show the yellow attack area, so it looks like the same battle system as mk 2, which is good news. The camera is a lot closer, but that might just be an option so it looks good in screenshots.
Yeah, plus you can also see the blue MOV marker in a lot of them. They were onto something good with mk2's system so I'm hoping they've just refined it for this one.

How long does the first and second game take to beat?
Second game took me about 25 hours for my first playthrough. First game... can't remember. IIRC it was longer though.

Ramune

Yellow Heart just hits me off as the "dumb blonde foreigner" moeblob. I agree her breasts are ridiculous looking though in that battle screen.

Now that you mention it, she does look a bit like a PC Engine.

06nXO.png

waifu material

Yeah, she's clearly the PCE. That leaves Atari. Is Atari in this game, or not?

Also, I know it's done for fan outrage reasons, but Microsoft really shouldn't be in this at all... unless, um, MSX theme or something? That's what it should be anyway, either that or PC. (How would you do a DOS theme?) As for Sony, that'd make even less sense, I don't think they had anything to do with the industry yet (Remembering that their involvement started with the SNES CD).

g3sjB.jpg

Oh jesus the one on the left is probably Yellow Heart's (as of yet unrevealed) human form.

Not that there was any real doubt before, but the CPU candidates are definitely in. There's at least one scan around of all of them which also shows Nepgear falling on Noire (so that's Neptune, Yellow Heart and Nepgear who've flattened her now). Judging from that scan and the below, the candidates still have their mk2 art.

33OdZ.jpg

There've been a bunch of updates on the site but nothing really important. Only other new character that's been confirmed is an evil looking book fairy thing that's with the sages (i.e. as their version of Histoire). There's a scan of her about as well.

Also it seems they're reaching deep into their wallets for the advertising for this.

Fr9Lm.jpg

Japan release date is 30 August, so we're long overdue for a proper trailer. This doesn't count.

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/615N2Q61arL.jpg

JP Box Art (I think)
Yep, that's the normal one. For comparison, the Limited Edition is this:

RQGq8.jpg

Top Bottom