• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classics Survey

explodet

http://www.nintendo.com/classic.jsp

There's a survey on the main site asking which games you'd be most interested in playing.

The inital choices:
1943: The Battle of Midway
Adventures of Lolo
Balloon Fight
Baseball Stars
Bomberman
Castlevania
Contra
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dribble
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Golgo 13
Hudson's Adventure Island
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Kung Fu
Mario Bros.
Metal Gear
Metroid
Pac-Man
Pro Wrestling
Punch-Out!!
Skate or Die
Strider
Super Mario Bros.
Tecmo Bowl
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Tetris
The Legend of Zelda
Track & Field II
Wrecking Crew
Xevious
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

They also list another 1270 other optional choices from the NES.

cvxfreak

Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Hudson's Adventure Island
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
Metal Gear
Metroid
Pac-Man
Pro Wrestling
Punch-Out!!
Super Mario Bros.
Tetris
The Legend of Zelda
Track & Field II
Wrecking Crew
Xevious

EDIT: I hope this survey does something.

AniHawk

Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Punch-Out!!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I'd like to see these the most.

explodet

I'm frankly surprised Golgo 13 is in the initial selection. Same with Strider. Glad to see some Lolo recognition.

BuddyChrist83 said:
..but Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland is just a spruced up port of Kirby's Adventure!
Too often the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing these days when it comes to this company. :p

BuddyC

I really have to question the people voting for Mario Bros - is it the novelty of the old graphics, or is there something wrong with the game that's packed in with EVERY MARIO GBA GAME?

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
BuddyChrist83 said:
I really have to question the people voting for Mario Bros - is it the novelty of the old graphics, or is there something wrong with the game that's packed in with EVERY MARIO GBA GAME?

D.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Contra
Punchout
Zelda II The Adventure of Link (if all else fails use fire, bitch!)
Hudson's Adventure Island (or Master Higgens will kill your dog!)
Metal Gear
Tecmo Bowl

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm guessing the Mega Man games have no chance, given that Capcom is about to release a compilation disc...

BuddyChrist83 said:

You know you want more Mario Bros. action!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Megaman 2 (or the entire series)
Castlevania 3 (or series)
TMNT 2 (or series)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (or series)
Ducktales 1 & 2

It's a shame they only allow 3 write ins. I voted for:

Adventures of Lolo
Castlevania
Contra
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ducktales
Kid Icarus
Kung Fu
Mario Bros.
Megaman 2
Ninja Gaiden 2: The Dark Sword of Chaos
Punch-Out!!
Tetris

I would have voted for Battle of Olympus if they had 4 write-ins, but, as it stands, I had no choice but to request Bionic Commando, Crystalis (I would snap up a version with the correct cut scenes and soundtrack immediately, versus that awful NST port for GBC) and the Guardian Legend.

I was also thrilled to see Lolo mentioned. I still own the NES cart, along with Kirby's Adventure. My other NES games were loaned to a friend who is not likely to ever return them (including both battletoads and Megaman 6). I would kill for a cart with all 3 Lolo games as well as the Japan only game(s) and slightly updated graphics, but I would still probably buy NES classics versions individually.

Meier

Btw, if Nintendo actually could get the license or whatever is holding someone from re-releasing it as is from the first one, Tetris would sell millions upon millions of copies at $20. I know a friend of mine who I work (31 year old female -- not a typical gamer clearly) with who still owns the brick and plays the original on it frequently.

jarrod

Banned
I voted for...

-Adventures of Lolo
-Baseball Stars
-Castlevania
-Golgo 13
-Kid Icarus
-Punch-Out!!
-Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

...and added...

-Crystalis
-Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness
-The Guardian Legend

...for good measure. :)

My definative list:

KID ICARUS
LEGEND OF ZELDA
BIONIC COMMANDO
R.C. PRO AM
PUNCH OUT
GHOSTS AND GOBLINS
BLASTER MASTER
RYGAR
CASTLEVANIA
MEGAMAN
MEGAMAN 2
BLADES OF STEEL
KUNG FU
EXCITEBIKE
METAL GEAR
ICE CLIMBER

maynerd

Banned
I noticed Athena was one of the other games on the survey. I seem to recall playing that game a lot. Anyone else like this game or am I weird? :)

Ferrio

Banned
maynerd said:
I noticed Athena was one of the other games on the survey. I seem to recall playing that game a lot. Anyone else like this game or am I weird? :)

Wacky game, i have fond memories of it since it was the first game I rented and me and a friend stayed up all night at my house trying to figure out how the hell to play it.

Little did I know back then how cool SNK would become.

FnordChan

goon-tit.gif

The write-in vote of choice.

FnordChan

Mashing

I hope Nintendo plans on going somewhere with this survey (will they get enough votes to make an accurate assement on which games to put in the series?)

MoxManiac

I'd buy Adventure Island, Strider, Contra, and Castlevania. Possibly Metal Gear, too.

I wrote in Faxanadu, Guardian Legend, and Battle of Olympus in the poll.

Faxanadu, i used to play this game so much, it was one of my favorite. kinda reminds me of Zelda II in a way, too. That, and the NES Castlevanias. And the LoLo games. those were all hard as hell, but fun.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
You know, its probably a good thing Nintendo is not offering these titles for $10. Else, I would purchase a chitload. Yes. A chitload.

Top Bottom