• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix casts The Witcher season 2, including Game of Thrones’ Tormund

Mista

Banned
game-of-thrones-tormund-1280x720.jpg

Netflix has announced several additions to the cast of its live action The Witcher series for season two.
Netflix has announced several additions to the cast of its live action The Witcher series for season two.

Kristofer Hivju, who portrayed Tormund Giantsbane in the HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones, will star as Nivellen, while Peaky Blinders actor Paul Bullion will play Lambert.

Also joining the cast are Yasen Atour (Young Wallander) as Coen, Agnes Bjorn (Monster) as Vereena, Thue Ersted Rasmussen (Fast and Furious 9) as Eskel, Aisha Fabienne Ross (The Danish Girl) as Lydia and Mecia Simson as Francesca.

Key players from season one will return for season two, which enters production in the UK this month ahead of its planned release in 2021. They include monster hunter Geralt of Rivia (Henry Cavill), sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg (Anya Cholatra), princess Ciri (Freya Allan) and Jaskier (Joey Batey).

Kadayi

Banned
I'm ok with this. Hopefully, we'll see a different side of the actor. No news on Vesemir I notice. I know a lot of people are eager to see Mark Hamill in the role, but I think he's a bit too old for it now truth be told. They probably ideally want someone with physical presence like James Cosmo tbh, but given he played the Lord Commander in GOT I suspect they wouldn't want to go that route too much.

Last edited:

Bogey

Banned
I'm ok with this. Hopefully, we'll see a different side of the actor. No news on Vesemir I notice. I know a lot of people are eager to see Mark Hamill in the role, but I think he's a bit too old for it now truth be told. They probably ideally want someone with physical presence like James Cosmo tbh, but given he played the Lord Commander in GOT I suspect they wouldn't want to go that route too much.

If hammill is anywhere near as expensive as I'd think, they'd be better off investing that money into better cgi IMHO.

(and as much as I like luke's skywalker, let's be real here - hammill is not... exactly the best actor out there)

Top Bottom