• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix: Death Note | Clip: L Confronts Light

So far Willam Dafoe and the guy playing L are looking like the best parts, especially compared to the dude playing Light. I might finally read the series to prepare for this.

conpfreak

Light's actor is a miscast. Everyone else looks fine but the actor doesn't pull off the hubris that really makes the character. He doesn't seem to have the chops for the character from what we've seen so far. L looks less awkward in this scene than Light does.

Galang

Banned
Honestly he made L likeable. Never got the fangasms over L as he's one of the most annoying antagonists I've ever encountered. Evil prick. Seems like this movie has an upside at least. I'll be rooting for L in this version

Once you stop comparing this to the anime and think of it as it's own unique thing, it's looking pretty good. I'm actually glad they didn't just do a condensed remake of the anime.

_Ryo_

I mean in his defense, some motherfucker in a balaclava just interrupted his sweet tunes and is sitting on a chair like an idiot

That motherfucker in balaclava is a world wide famous detective, and just happens to sit right next to light. Most other people who would try to ask all sorts of questions, and geek out but Light just tries his fastest to gtfo.

Top Bottom