• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Is starting their own AAA game studio

wvnative

iron man eye roll GIF

jaysius

Banned
Excellent, I want a high quality Ozark game now.

Maybe we could get a few con artist games based on their docs.

If we don't get a Narcos El Chapo game then it'd be criminal.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I look forward to the series adaptation of the game they adapted from a movie.

Also I wonder how many game a they cancel ?

For what platform they coming on ?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
We’re laughing but I think Netflix could find success doing games like The Quarry.

I think they could turn their audience on to those types of games better than the consoles.

Last edited:
I get what they're thinking, but this is a mistake.

It's a highly competitive market already for the AAA space. It's boom or bust for how much these costs, and they're already facing issues with how much they're spending on largely unsuccessful movies.

This is not the way to diversify your portfolio. If they were serious they should have bought an existing AAA studio.

Their IP aren't going to translate extremely easily to the video game space and the time it takes to develop a AAA game may not coincide with the popularity of a tv series either.

This is an example of the good idea fairy visiting an exec and whispering into their ear. They'll be out of this space after 1 or 2 releases.

Ozriel

M$FT
I get what they're thinking, but this is a mistake.

It's a highly competitive market already for the AAA space. It's boom or bust for how much these costs, and they're already facing issues with how much they're spending on largely unsuccessful movies.

This is not the way to diversify your portfolio. If they were serious they should have bought an existing AAA studio.

Their IP aren't going to translate extremely easily to the video game space and the time it takes to develop a AAA game may not coincide with the popularity of a tv series either.

This is an example of the good idea fairy visiting an exec and whispering into their ear. They'll be out of this space after 1 or 2 releases.

You got suckered by the thread title. There’s no indication they’re trying to make an AAA game.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
What are they going to do, put games out there in a format that allows them to cancel the game before you can finish it?

Top Bottom