• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nevermind, Red Steel still sucks. Nothing to see here.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Lapsed said:
Foolish gamers! You think Game Informer magazine is the product, and you are the customer. No. Ubisoft is the customer and you are the product. Game Informer's job is to sell YOU to Ubisoft's product, in this case Red Steel.

It would be wonderful if we stopped caring about these previews and allow the hype industry to wither on the vine. Let's judge Red Steel when it comes out. Hopefully, Red Steel's sales will be based on the merits of the actual game rather than the hype dripping from game magazines.
game informer's job is to give impressions on the product to better inform the customer and guide the customer towards good purchases. This isn't a Ubisoft mail-in catalogue, dude.

GaimeGuy said:
game informer's job is to give impressions on the product to better inform the customer and guide the customer towards good purchases. This isn't a Ubisoft mail-in catalogue, dude.

Unfortunately Ubi probably gave them plenty of scratch to write favorable previews.

Core407

Banned
GaimeGuy said:

And who do you think puts their ads in the magazine? If they were to give a bad preview, Ubi might pull some of their advertising from the magazine. Why do you always see hands-on previews always so positive? Because up until the point the game gets reviewed, the game is marketed as much as possible.

BrandNew said:
What do you mean they weren't happy? It can easily do what they initially want for the game, just look at what MP3 is doing.

Their first reaction to the controller was "eh? wtf are we supposed to do with this?", at least that's what the guy told me.

Now they're madly in love with the controller though, and plan on supporting it 100% in the future.

Ark-AMN

Banned
lol, GI has been shit to me ever since they gave Paper Mario 2 a score of about 6 because (for the sole reason) it was "too kiddy".

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Ark-AMN said:
lol, GI has been shit to me ever since they gave Paper Mario 2 a score of about 6 because (for the sole reason) it was "too kiddy".

preach it, brother!

it was a very fredo-esque moment for me and GI
"you're dead to me."

Top Bottom