• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ace Attorney announced in this week's Famitsu

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I bet there's a real steel samurai

You just made me waste 5 minutes to make this:

1mau0yX.jpg

zhorkat

They're totally going to do something silly like have fake Phoenix and fake Maya pair up to defend real Pink Princess who has been accused of murdering real Steel Samurai, aren't they.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/new-ace-attorney-game-will-take-place-meiji-period-japan/

It seems the main character is not a full fledged lawyer (yet)

The protagonist of the game is known as Ryunosuke Naruhodo (Naruhodo is the name for Wright in Japanese), and he’s actually an ancestor of Ryuichi Naruhodo, or Phoenix Wright. The image shows him dressed in what appears to be a school uniform and he’s wielding a katana on the side, stating, “I’ll become a lawyer… definitely!”

The game will be directed by Shu Takumi. Shintaro Kojima, who previously worked on E.X. Troopers and the Monster Hunter series, will take on a role as producer.

rekameohs

Banned
I'm not really that interested in the time period change, tbh. I'm more interested in the Yamazaki helmed Ace Attorney games than the Takumi ones at this point. This will probably be a fresh take of the concept, but I'm still more excited for AA6

I hope they set in America, but don't even try to explain it away. No "descended from immigrants," no "Japanese aficionados," they just keep talking about eating hamburgers and living in America and American judicial law. Like there's an Obon festival and they keep talking about how it's the Fourth of July.

Absolutely. That's become such an endearing part of the series by now.

MNC

the more I think about the fact that I'm a 'lawyer' with a sword the more amazing this becomes

also you just know you're gonna run into everyone's totally look alike ancestor and it's gonna be ridiculous
Yup that's what I was thinking. Though I still need to pick up dual destinies but I need to complete Apollo justice before I do that.

MNC

I'm a little disappointed that the main character is related to Phoenix (unless "forefather" is more metaphorical).

They have a clean break from the PW canon: they should take advantage of it and have a MC who can be different.

I'm not a huge fan of this small universe "everything revolves around familiar people" thing that prequels tend to do.
and have the game bomb even more? Not gonna happen.

Interesting... kinda disappointed it's set back in time so we won't get any recurring characters.

The one and only thing I hope is that the new assistant isn't another peppy & dorky teen girl like Maya, Ema (AA1), Kay, Trucy and Athena (+ Peal, kind of).

mrmickfran

Interesting... kinda disappointed it's set back in time so we won't get any recurring characters.

The one and only thing I hope is that the new assistant isn't another peppy & dorky teen girl like Maya, Ema (AA1), Kay, Trucy and Athena (+ Peal, kind of).

But those are the best assistants!! D:

moozoom

You'll have all of the recurring characters ancestors instead.

The ancestors will probably be very similar in design to their descendants, but dressed according to the time period ( I hope we'll see Gumshoe's great-grandpa ).

Shengar

You'll have all of the recurring characters ancestors instead.

The ancestors will probably be very similar in design to their descendants, but dressed according to the time period ( I hope we'll see Gumshoe's great-grandpa ).

Actually, they're not really that similar.
Just tell me if I'm not supposed to post that :))

Xpliskin

I guess I"ll ask this in this thread:

What's the recommended order and platform to play this series on (without buying any new hardware if possible) ?

Torraz

I guess I"ll ask this in this thread:

What's the recommended order and platform to play this series on (without buying any new hardware if possible) ?

IMHO:
Recommended platform: 3(DS)
Order: (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), mixing the layton spinoff, and the Ace Attorney investigation games in when you want something slightly different.

GSR

I think I saw it mentioned that this article was more of a preview for more information coming next week, but I might be wrong.

I don't know if it's supposed to be a preview for more stuff next week, but a few sites are suggesting there aren't any actual screenshots in the article, just art/an interview.

If Famitsu puts stuff up on their site it'll probably be about 11-12 hours from now.

GSR

Famitsu posted an official preview of the article:

kWAJDld.jpg

Tiny, but you can see the logo.

There's also a scan floating around now of Ryuunosuke's assistant, Mikotoba Susato. She’s a judicial assistant; according to Takumi, she also loves foreign mystery novels and is a forward-thinking dreamer.

Lusankya

There's also a scan floating around now of Ryuunosuke's assistant, Mikotoba Susato. She’s a judicial assistant; according to Takumi, she also loves foreign mystery novels and is a forward-thinking dreamer.

She looks really nice, love her hair with the Samurai bun.

Semajer

I personally think that this would be the perfect time to finally link the two Ace Attorney canons.

The scan for the new assistant says that she loves foreign mystery novels, I get the feeling that the main character will be Ryuuichi Naruhodou's ancestor, and that the new assistant will be Phoenix Wright's ancestor. Finally linking the localisation to the original series.

Kazerei

Banned
Her hair makes me think of Maya and Pearl, but her family name is slightly different Susato instead of Ayasato (Fey). Interesting.

GSR

the assistant has a great design, hope this new spinoff? works out

For what it's worth, the bits of the interview we can see sound like Takumi considers it a main series game, not a 'side story'. Of course, that doesn't mean Yamazaki and co aren't working on a traditional AA6.

Zalman

Famitsu comes out tomorrow, right? So we should get an official announcement soon.

When AA5 was announced, Capcom told us immediately that they were going to localize it. Let's see what happens this time.

Lotto

Famitsu posted an official preview of the article:

kWAJDld.jpg

Tiny, but you can see the logo.

I like her design a lot. Excited to see more of this project!

Top Bottom