• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman: Arkham Collection Releasing Next Week with Xbox One X Enhancements?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.trueachievements.com/n3...easing-next-week-with-xbox-one-x-enhancements

Following on from the recent LEGO Harry Potter Collection bundle that we revealed in September, it looks like publisher Warner Bros. is putting together another bundle from one of their biggest IP, with a new store listing appearing for the Batman: Arkham Trilogy. The collection will include the previously remastered Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, as well as the series' finale Batman: Arkham Knight, and will also include all three games' post-launch content.

The Batman: Arkham Collection listing currently has the game slated for release on November 27th, but with no official word from Warner Bros. as of yet, that could, of course, be subject to change. The store page also lists the bundle as being Xbox One X Enhanced. As of now, the remastered versions of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both enhanced for the Xbox One X, although neither currently offer 4K resolution or HDR.

sn0man

If this is all on disc for ps4 pro with dlc I’ve been rewarded for waiting it out on buying the last Arkham game.

If Arkham Knight is in 4k/HDR....

I mean, doubtful. Probably just 4k at best. Looks amazing on PC in 4k though.

Really lame a lot of companies never upped their mid-gen games to 4k or HDR. Quite a lazy attitude. Especially with Rocksteady given whatever it is they're doing with whatever it is they're making. Which won't even be out until PS5/Xbox Scarlet.

Mr Hyde

I wanna see Arkham Asylum on the Switch. Haven´t played the game since release and wanna give it another go.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I really still dont understand why the hate on Arkham Origins...

I think people were burnt out and focused on saving for PS4/Xbox One at the time.

Just look at Gran Turismo 6. Most agree it was better than 5 but it only sold a fraction cuz it came out in December 2013.

Isa

I almost picked up Arkham Knight for my new X, but passed on it as it didn't say anything about X features. If this is the case I'd definitely buy.

crobb991

Banned
i really really want an arkham origins remaster with the stupid mp taken out... to this day its the only one i havent platinumed

SScorpio

I think people were burnt out and focused on saving for PS4/Xbox One at the time.

Just look at Gran Turismo 6. Most agree it was better than 5 but it only sold a fraction cuz it came out in December 2013.

I didn't help that the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. God of War 2 was played on many a launch PS3.

VulcanRaven

Is Return to Arkham collection worth buying? I remember people saying that there are framerate problems in Arkham City. Has it been patched? Also the graphics are better but Batman's face looks odd. I have normal PS4.

Last edited:

Zimmy68

I love this retro love for Origins, the game was vilified when it was released.
I like it a little better then City and the DLC was fantastic.
I think it is always excluded because it was farmed off to a smaller studio and Rockstar doesn't consider it "canon".
Maybe they would have to break off the profits to someone else and they don't want to be bothered.

Ozrimandias

Has some fantastic moments. Definitely worth a play. Why don't they put that in the collection?
Problably because its not from Rocksteady, it was made by WB Montreal i think. Got some hate but in my opinion, it was an excelent Batman game, please ignore the multiplayer..... but :

- A much better plot than Asylum and City
- Better villains desing (Black mask in origins > Black Mask in City / Bane Origins > Bane Asylum / Killer Croc Origins > Killer Croc Asylum, and Deathstroke....)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I love this retro love for Origins, the game was vilified when it was released.
I like it a little better then City and the DLC was fantastic.
I think it is always excluded because it was farmed off to a smaller studio and Rockstar doesn't consider it "canon".
Maybe they would have to break off the profits to someone else and they don't want to be bothered.
Except Origins is canon when you see it get referenced in Knight.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hold up, so what if you already have Arkham Knight. Would that be enhanced without buying the collection? I would assume so, but if it's a remaster then probably not. Kinda like Dark Souls did me dirty.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Hold up, so what if you already have Arkham Knight. Would that be enhanced without buying the collection? I would assume so, but if it's a remaster then probably not. Kinda like Dark Souls did me dirty.
How did Dark Souls do you dirty? From never made you buy a patch?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
How did Dark Souls do you dirty? From never made you buy a patch?

Was looking more for an answer to my question, but ok. I know they didn't...and I didn't buy the remaster. I guess I was hoping they would enhance it, but apparently they went a similar route as Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, which I did buy.

Am I missing sarcasm here possibly?

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Was looking more for an answer to my question, but ok. I know they didn't...and I didn't buy the remaster. I guess I was hoping they would enhance it, but apparently they went a similar route as Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, which I did buy.

Am I missing sarcasm here possibly?
I was commenting on how you implied that From Software charged you for an enhanced patch for Dark Souls. No such thing ever happened. The game was enhanced for Pro/X from the start. Your Dark Souls comment was so off base that it completely made the question you were asking in regards to Arkham Knight confusing.

Now back to Arkham Knight it’s likelt if it did receive an enhanced patch that it would be available to all owners. There has been no precedent set (so far) of charging gamers for patches. I wouldn’t be surprised if a publisher tries it at some point but it will be ripped to shreds if it does.

I’m not expecting a patch for AK though

Zimmy68

I wish I knew a definitive answer for Knight. The $10 sale is ending today.
I guess I will roll the dice and buy it.

Zimmy68

What is the process of a refund on Xbox?
I also won't touch it if they announce tomorrow that the 4k doesn't apply to Knight.

PsyEd

I'm one of those who has origins at the top for story and boss fights. AA and AC were great but to me origins is the darker version of a young inexperienced Batman I always wanted. Plus that Batman Vs Deathstroke and multi level Bane fight was pure epic goodness in my books.

AK had the wow factor for gfx and still does on pc with 4k with 60fps+ and if you have dolby atmos sound to pump out. But story was dull imho and like firsr encounter with AK himself I knew who it was. Would be good if X gets a patch for it...don't mind getting it again.

kingwingin

What is the process of a refund on Xbox?
I also won't touch it if they announce tomorrow that the 4k doesn't apply to Knight.
if you are an insider you can refund it from your Microsoft account online, otherwise just ask through chat support

Origins "Hater" here: The fight rhythm was off (that was my main hate), Batmans costume was stupid (open straps between breastplate and shoulders when fighting a guy with a sword...) , and Alfred had three cardiac arrests in his 3D-model, minimum!

latest

Oh, and on PS3 the textures were really, really bad.

So yeah... that game was... not as good as the other ones...

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Origins "Hater" here: The fight rhythm was off (that was my main hate), Batmans costume was stupid (open straps between breastplate and shoulders when fighting a guy with a sword...) , and Alfred had three cardiac arrests in his 3D-model, minimum!

latest

Oh, and on PS3 the textures were really, really bad.

So yeah... that game was... not as good as the other ones...
Origins was not perfect. The original release was a buggy mess and yes, the fights in crowds were a bit off and they got worse as the game went on. I have always maintained that it wasn't totally intentional but a bug due to the fact that in the combat challenges the flow was fine. Nevertheless, I felt the story was the best Batman, although I hated that the critical strikes were locked behind a sidequest that you had to wait a while before you could get.

Nevertheless, I feel that it is very much worth playing for any fan of the Arkham series as I think the sequence that takes place in the Royal Hotel is one of the best sequences of any game. Joker was very well done.

Last edited:

dolabla

I hope Arkham Knight receives the 4K patch. I have it on PS4 and would instantly buy for the X if they did it. Other than the Arkham VR, they haven't released anything since Knight so I wonder what the hold up is?

Zimmy68

I gambled and bought AK last night.
I'm not sure how they get away with saying its Xbox One X Enhanced when one of the games is not.
Oh well, the game is worth $10 for me but didn't want to support it unless the devs updated it.

Zimmy68

Just fired it up on my X. Man, it looks like ass.
The non enhanced PS4 Pro version looks so much better.
Oh well, still a great game.

Top Bottom