• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Batman: Arkham Trilogy Nintendo Switch Review - A Disastrously Poor Release

Draugoth

Gold Member

In attempting to bring Batman: Arkham Knight from PS4 and Xbox One to Nintendo Switch, the technical limitations of the hardware are laid bare - but fundamentally, the port just doesn't feel as though it's been confidently handled, with a range of tech issues. Bearing in mind their PS3/Xbox 360 origins, we expected more from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City - but even these exhibit off-putting issues. Oliver Mackenzie has all of the details.

00:00 Overview
00:55 Arkham Knight
08:36 Arkham Asylum and Arkham City
12:12 Analysis and conclusion

Last edited:
Lol you're faster than my firefox notifications. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

V5kpDMf.png

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Not surprising, seeing that is not even perfect on a PS4. The stutter looks absolutelly frustating, reminds me of the terrible time I had with World War Z on PS4.
Also reminds me of Ark Survival initially. Whats the fucking point of porting a game, removing everything until the game is barelly recognizable and call it a day? Does any people play Skyrim with "Ultra Low Mod" and say "yeah I can finally play it on garbage PC at least"?

I'm impressed with this criticism when Pokemon Scarlet Violet look on par with Lost Hope and still doesn't look like it was bashed enough.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I was thinking wb was a hero for making so many impossible ports available for switch this year, but now I realize they just milking dry those poor switch owners that have no other place to buy games until the switch successor releases.

Fake

Now, is strange to AA and AC running that poorly taking into consideration Xbox 360 version.

SCB3

ouch, I'm currently replaying the Series on PC with Graphics and the Arkham mods and it pains me to see these games straight up butchered on Switch

Karppuuna

I was reasingly rockin Arkham Night new play thru in my i7 6700k 4,3hz and GTX 2080 and it sometimes still give me some trouble to hit 60 in 4K and even 1440p so its still a have game.

mcjmetroid

Not surprising, seeing that is not even perfect on a PS4. The stutter looks absolutelly frustating, reminds me of the terrible time I had with World War Z on PS4.
Also reminds me of Ark Survival initially. Whats the fucking point of porting a game, removing everything until the game is barelly recognizable and call it a day? Does any people play Skyrim with "Ultra Low Mod" and say "yeah I can finally play it on garbage PC at least"?

I'm impressed with this criticism when Pokemon Scarlet Violet look on par with Lost Hope and still doesn't look like it was bashed enough.
Pokemon Scarlet and violet should never have stopped being bashed. It's insane with the constant DLC and such they never improved the performance.

I'm also seeing gamers defend this one as well which is beyond shocking to me.

Enjoy what you like but a game should never be released in this shape.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
He plays Scarecrow in Nolan's trilogy, though his role in Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises is minor.
I know that. Just never noticed he’s in that scene… or I just forgot. It’s been a while since I last watched TDK.

fersnake

so if the switch 2 is going to have the ps4 performance or in the best case scenario the pro well ppl are going to be disappointed.

Top Bottom