• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Trilogy Switch Gameplay

faisalasif

Become Gotham City’s ultimate protector across the iconic Batman: Arkham Trilogy.

Face off against notorious DC Super-Villains: The Joker, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, and more in Batman: Arkham Asylum. Step into the shadows of Batman: Arkham City’s open world, the new maximum security “home” for thugs, gangsters, and insane criminal masterminds. In Batman: Arkham Knight, tear through the streets of Gotham and take on the ultimate threat in the trilogy’s epic conclusion.

Experience critically acclaimed gameplay & AAA original storytelling across all 3 games, PLUS all DLC, in one complete package.

Batman: Arkham Trilogy (Switch) Gameplay - (All Games)​

Was curious about the Arkham Knight port and from what I can see from the video it looks quite decent, but during certain scenes (most of them while driving the batmobile) it can drop to low 20s or even high teens.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Are Asylum and City the original versions or the remastered ones? Batman doesn't have the bad looking face he had in the Return to Arkham version of Asylum.

Last edited:

Fbh

Didn't know they were making a native por of Arkham Knight for Switch.
Looks pretty rough though

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Give the PS/Xbox versions a fucking res boost you cowards!

It'll look competitive with current-gen console games. The art style is incredible.

Mario Wonder, and RPG are the last games I will buy on the Switch. I'm retiring the Switch by putting it in a drawer next to my 3DS. Wating for the new hardware, Whenever or whatever that might be.

Gambit2483

Didn't know they were making a native por of Arkham Knight for Switch.
Looks pretty rough though
The resolution is lower and geometry is a bit reduced but the framerate holds at a (mostly) stable 30fps.

Considering they got this PS4 game looking and running this decently on a tablet based on ancient hardware, that's quite a feat.

Fbh

The resolution is lower and geometry is a bit reduced but the framerate holds at a (mostly) stable 30fps.

Considering they got this PS4 game looking and running this decently on a tablet based on ancient hardware, that's quite a feat.

I mean sure it's technically impressive like all these "impossible ports". But it still looks terrible.
Like all these ports I guess it's ok if the Switch is your only gaming platform or you absolutely need to play this in portable mode (and you don't own a Steamdeck or some other newer handheld). Otherwise it seems like the worse way to experience this game by a wide margin .

Gambit2483

I mean sure it's technically impressive like all these "impossible ports". But it still looks terrible.
Like all these ports I guess it's ok if the Switch is your only gaming platform or you absolutely need to play this in portable mode (and you don't own a Steamdeck or some other newer handheld). Otherwise it seems like the worse way to experience this game by a wide margin .
That's a pretty fair assessment. Though "terrible" may be heavily subjective.

Arkham Knight doesn't look great.. But overall, as a package, I'm impressed, it's pretty obvious why the cutbacks to get Knight running were necessary. I'll never pick this up. Ever. But it's cool that it exists and I'm sure new players will enjoy all that awesome Batman content.

Jump to 21:50 to see the tank explosion

HWSOYKD.png

xiOdxCm.png

NXfPsVI.png

Gambit2483

remember the pc launch of this game when they took it off the steam store?
That's a good point but that was clearly an issue of poor optimization...and not hardware limitations.

That said, Arkham Knight clearly could use more optimization and hopefully TurnMeUp devs are working on a patch (or two) to improve this game on Switch

mcjmetroid

Why do Arkham Knight at all, the Switch clearly isn't able for it.

Like I understand attempting to do Hogwarts legacy as it's new and wanting to cash in but why do an older game like this the Switch clearly isn't able for?
Probably should have just done Origins instead.

Last edited:
If they fix the framerate in Arkham Knight I might double dip on this Switch release.

Jump to 21:50 to see the tank explosion

HWSOYKD.png

xiOdxCm.png

NXfPsVI.png

Looks fine, the more major issues are the 1) traversal stutter (it's annoying AF in the video you linked) 2) low fps during batmobile gameplay. Hopefully they'll be able to patch these issues out.

The Switch's userbase would use the Deck's userbase as a Q-tip to clean out it's earwax.

Which funny enough only sold 3 to 5 million since it came out. With the way people talk about it I expected the Steamdeck to have sold 20 to 30 million by now

I'm a huge fan of Valve and I'm getting the Steamdeck OLED next year. Just saying it's funny to just see certain types of poster shit up a Nintendo thread as usual

bender

What time is it?
Not excusing the poor port, but I'm not sure I'd want to replay Knight anyway...and maybe not City for that matter.

DryvBy

The Switch is great for Nintendo and some minor games. Graphic games? No. These games look at run like trash.

LakeOf9

Knight is still my favourite of the series but copium is one way to make yourself feel better about this shit port.
I dont have any intention of getting this port, so I need no copium for it lol. I just hated Knight, so I have no issues if its ports end up sucking too.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
hmmm just curious, anybody pick up the trilogy on Steam and happen to try it on a Steam Deck or other PC handheld?

Gambit2483

So, either I have terrible luck or there is NOTHING on the Arkham Trilogy cart.

I got the physical edition and popped it into my Switch...Asylum does NOT load. I returned it for a 2nd copy and again, the ONE game that is supposed to be on the cart does not load. Either I have bad luck or WB games shipped a blank cart or a cart that requires an unlock that does not yet exist.

Wtf.

Mr Hyde

Out of all "impossible ports" done on Switch, Arkham Knight is probably the worst looking and poorest running of the bunch. They should've dropped it and done Origins instead, or just do the Return to Arkham edition. Save AK for Switch 2.

Last edited:

Fake

Out of all "impossible ports" done on Switch, Arkham Knight is probably the worst looking and poorest running of the bunch. They should've dropped it and done Origins instead, or just do the Return to Arkham edition. Save AK for Switch 2.

Doom is by far the worst of the bunch. Drop from 60 to 30 and crap visual.

As much this game looks and runs like shit on NS, the PS4 and Xbox version still runs at 30 and lets not remind the awful launch in PC state.

Is kinda nuts people expecting a game demanding like that, with a huge history of performance issues on PC to run stable on NS.
In fact, I would totally cancel this port in favor of the others two. They both run OK on Xbox 360, so NS should have no problem.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
There's a long stretch of the game running at 0 frames per second.

We don't know how much longer it stays like this because they cut to a different clip before it restores.

Goddamn.

4flRKsT.jpg

So, either I have terrible luck or there is NOTHING on the Arkham Trilogy cart.

I got the physical edition and popped it into my Switch...Asylum does NOT load. I returned it for a 2nd copy and again, the ONE game that is supposed to be on the cart does not load. Either I have bad luck or WB games shipped a blank cart or a cart that requires an unlock that does not yet exist.

Wtf.

The 1.0 is busted, I'm guessing. Just download the updates?

Top Bottom