• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Trilogy Switch Gameplay

Murdok

d42e660d9d5b8f9484d685a8c6ebeb58f9121014212981184a15be53832fb58f.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Even Arkham Asylum isn't immune.

Drops to low 20's on what is essentially a PS3/X360 'remaster'.

Last edited:

Fake

I don’t know why people label a PS4 game that has zero PS5 enchantments as PS5. At best it might load a little faster over stock PS4 HDD. DF is guilty of this too.

Fanboys do that all the bloody time. Not to mention this shit youtube mentality of clickbait.

'Bloodborne PS5 4k 60 fps'

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I'm seeing a lot of annoying clueless switch gamers defending Arkham Knight saying it's "playable" when literal videos of the Batmobile looking like a slide show are going around.

Sigh it's like the scarlet and violet argument all over again.

Of course it's "playable" everything that can be completed is playable but it's absolutely not up to the standard a released product should be.

I am baffled out of nowhere they decided to release this though.
At least with Hogwarts Legacy on the Switch there was some pressure to release the latest hot game to a switch audience, there was demand for it.

Arkham Knight though? They could have and should have delayed this until it was fully ready or cancel it completely. There was no time pressure with this one because the game is years old and well
.. nobody asked for this.

I don't think a single gamer would have blamed them if they released Asylum and City as a double pack said " sorry the switch is unable to run Arkham Knight" and left it at that for it's absence. Gamers would have simply have just waited for it's inclusion on Switch 2 instead.

It just feels like unnecessary embarassment to the studio for such little gain. I mean really how much was this going to sell?

Stuart360

To be fair to the Switch, i literally started a new playthrough of AK today, and the PC version does still drop into the 55-60fps range quite often when driving (seems to be more bits of shader stutter rather than actual frame drops as my cpu usage is barely in the 20% range, with plenty of head room on my 1080ti). Of course i'm playing at max settings at 1620p/60 with WAY more detailed graphics over the Switch version with its 15fps driving though.

Last edited:

Trilobit

Arkham Knight on PS5 was riddled with bugs. I don't know how many videos I took of weird stuff, like suddenly falling off the face of the Earth. Not surprised that it runs poorly on the Switch.

Sleepwalker

I don’t know why people label a PS4 game that has zero PS5 enchantments as PS5. At best it might load a little faster over stock PS4 HDD. DF is guilty of this too.

Best part is all the 4k60 PS5 videos on youtube where the game is running at 1080p/30 with base ps4 configuration lol

SRTtoZ

Not bad. I just went to try the game on my new OLED Steam Deck and saw it wasn't compatible and was like wtf. I see theirs a workaround to get it working flawlessly. I think I'm gonna try that out. This is neat but I really wish they found a way to get Arkham Asylum, as old as it is, working at 60.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Look at the freeze at 5:28

Batmobile scene gives out some early Cyberpunk-vibes.

At this point... The Nintendo Switch console, I imagine like a little grandpappy with a cane carrying a 20 kilogram box... The console can't take it anymore

Last edited:
Top Bottom