• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight suffers from serious performance issues on the Nintendo Switch

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to the first gameplay videos that are circulating on the internet, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City work on an acceptable way on the Nintendo Switch. However, the real problem is that Batman: Arkham Knight has serious performance issues, with the frame rate falling below 20 during certain moments with the Batmobile. The visual quality of the game was also greatly affected.

Warning I would stay away from the Batman Arkham Trilogy on Switch.This is unplayable.

So Arkham Knight I would stay away from (as least until its patched)Arkham Asylum is pretty solid. But still not ideal. FPS drops in combatArkham City is actually pretty good and would recommend picking it up :)

Traversal stutter + very low fps = 🤮

Hopefully they can fix it as I want to eventually get this trilogy on the Switch once it goes on sale.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Watched the video. Don’t see an issue. Looks fine.
Runs better than I thought it would.
Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

Kuranghi

Who'd a thunk it?!??

Clearly they wouldn't be fixing the code with this port so this is par for the course, it runs badly on every platform its been released on before this, not sure why we'd think Switch would be different when the previous Arkham Collection also wasn't fixed.

It's needs fixed on a base level, which the studio that ported this wouldn't have been paid to do, they just ported the code.

Kuranghi

Watched the video. Don’t see an issue. Looks fine.

I can agree with you sorta, it's running like shit like it always has but it wasn't unplayable back then either, it was just crap.

I completed it 100% running like that on my 970, but it did get mildly better with patches and then later on when I replayed it using external sync at 1440p60 and later capping to 30fps for 4K was basically perfect, but that was with a GTX 1080 to brute force it.

Stuart360

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

It looks and runs god awful. Didnt this game come out literally years before the Switch?.
Check out the driving from 13:40 lol.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
You can’t expect a 2015 game to run well on the current Nintendo hardware in 2023.
I mean, the Switch itself is a handheld console from 2017, so it isn't too surprising.

Personally, I'm happy that Nintendo doesn't refresh its hardware too fast, since their target audience is families. But given that, it's probably not a good idea to try and port a game like this one in the first place.

Yeah but it's one of the best looking cross platform games of that gen.

AK looks fuckin sick on PC maxed out, to this day.

Agreed, I love Arkham Knight and think it's still one of the best looking games on the market all these years later.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
That doesn't strike me as unplayable.

And the trilogy has City and Asylum, which are must plays if you haven't owned a PC or Xbox 360 or PS3 or PS4 or One yet.

radewagon

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

It looks and runs god awful. Didnt this game come out literally years before the Switch?.
Check out the driving from 13:40 lol.

You do know that hardware power isn't directly tied to year of release right? Like, you do know that the PS4 and Xbox One (that released earlier than Switch) which were the target consoles were more powerful than the comparatively newer Switch console, right? I hope you're not expecting Switch 2 to be more powerful than PS5 cause, y'know, that's not going to be the case.

Fake

Kinda expected I guess. Or someone here really believe Nintendo Switch could run Batman Arkham Knight without issues?

mhirano

Arkham Knight was the first (and last) time I preordered a game: I bought it on PC and had a AMD card at the time.
The game ran terribly bad so this running like that o Switch is no surprise at all

night13x

Lol at people thinking switch is anything slightly near a powerful console. This performance was expected for this particular game.

In all honesty - game looks and performs better than it has any busy being using that particular hardware. It still looks playable in a switch expectation sort of sense.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Should have just launched Arkham Asylum for £19.99 and then launched the other 2 games for the next console at the same price point.

Hugare

Another case of "considering Switch's hardware, it looks fucking amazing", imo

Its a downgrade when compared to the original version, of course, but still retains a lot of effects, models and etc.

It doesnt run at a stable 30, but neither does many of the GOTY candidates

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It didn’t run so hot on other consoles either though. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

They should've dropped Knight and ported Origins instead. Would've worked much better. And then save AK for Switch 2. This looks awful and not something that should be sold to customers.

Last edited:

Hugare

A little off topic, but wanna see something funny?

A Switch game kicking PS5's ass

They've ported the original games to the Switch, not the terrible remasters. Thank God for that.

Look how even in the thumbnail you can see how they completely fucked up Joker's face textures. And that's just a minor example.

What Virtuos did with those remasters was downright criminal. Ruining 2 of the best games of all time.

So the Switch may end up having the 2nd best version of these games, with the first being the PC versions, of course.

Top Bottom