• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batmobile from Justice League revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobius 1

Literally beautiful. Going to be a long wait for that design to be topped. Tumbler was more practical but nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing as Furst's design.

I like the Tumbler the best.

batman-gif1.gif

It's like a Lambo-designed tank. Which now looks understated compared to the Snydermobile.

#MakeBatmanArtDecoAgain

<3

The 89' belonged on the Burtonesque environment like a glove. The TAS Art Deco styled car was a beauty, and the Tumbler looks like a real-world vehicle (sans the motorcycle thing from TDK).

Veelk

Banned

Those look sleek and cool from an aesthetics perspective, but I think it's worthy trying to consider the kind of car Batman would need on a practical level. That's why the tanky design makes sense, since it's not JUST a car, it's something that looks like it'd go through buildings if need be.

But honestly, I want neither. After Lego Batman, transforming Batmobiles are the way to go.

Clearly Snyder unironically thinks the fascist and superior physical force version of Batman is cool.

BTAS-Batmobile.jpg

Was my absolute favorite till I realized it doesn't work in real life.

ss_13be11c3dcf75efe7b478154653f6c181d978339.1920x1080.jpg

Arkham Asylum's is my favorite, reminiscent of Burton's but feels more real world.

Beware the Batman's was also neat

a916

Clearly Snyder unironically thinks the fascist and superior physical force version of Batman is cool.

BTAS-Batmobile.jpg

Looks dope in the show, would look like butt live action.

New Batmobile looks sick as hell though, best live action one and TAS is my favorite though. Tumbler is an eyesore looks boring and uninspired.

Love the design, just real busy. We've seen set photos where they don't have the guns up like that, so we will see it fully loaded and not loaded at one point.

If Batman is still killing people by the truckload in this it's proof that Snyder has had no plan at all for this universe at all and is just making shit up as he goes that he thinks looks cool.

Tylercrat

Banned
That looks stupid. Urghh I wish it was a car instead of whatever that is.

And the batmobile scenes in BvS were crap just like the rest of movie. Partially because Snyder can't shoot a car chase apparently and the batmobile wasn't any good.

Jackpot

Banned
Oh I know, but I like calling them out on their shit.

Everyone just seems to forget this too, huh? Which he used right before dropping bombs at the feet of the Joker's henchmen in the ACE Chemical factory and killing them all.

Now, now. Let's not pretend that Batman hasn't been completely reset since those movies and is heavily branded in comics, cartoon, video games and live-action as someone who doesn't kill.

The Joker's plots in TDK and Arkham Origins even centered around him trying to make Batman kill someone in order to corrupt him.

That's why BvS Batman formed such a disconnect.

MTE

A wide body kit and more guns. Yeah, nah.
I hope at least it's not like this the whole film. I hope it's the 'mobile equivalent of the tactical suit...

Design looks much better than the first times we saw the Nolan batmobile. Buncha negative nancies on this forum over anything related to these movies, damn.

I just arrived here to bolster your opinion with strong sentiments of agreement. Truly the best batmobile. One of the first model kits I ever built was this. Loved that car. Growing up, I was committed to one day owning a car with retractable armor like the 89 batmobile had. To this day they haven't made it, sadly.

Guy.brush

6758769019_452d45902e_b.jpg

Tumbler looks like it hit a wall already in the top down blue print.
Even the BATWING in 89 was GOAT tier. so good.

The 89 Furstmobile even looks classy under bright daylight in real life.
batmobile.jpg

Alienous

batman_gun_tdkr.jpg

"... on second thought, add a shit ton of them to my car!"

I'm almost convinced he didn't actually read any of the text. His intepretation of The Dark Knight Returns makes sense if you assume he flicked through the pages only looking at the imagery.

'Batman has a tank with a machine gun on it, and he's blasting away these bald dudes. That's totally cool.'

'Oh look he snapped that gun in half - Batman must want a bigger weapon than that!'

Ainsz

Is it the Dark Knight trilogy that started this over futurised tank batombile aesthetic? It'd be nice to see Batman in something a little sleeker.

I'm almost convinced he didn't actually read any of the text. His intepretation of The Dark Knight Returns makes sense if you assume he flicked through the pages only looking at the imagery.

'Batman has a tank with a machine gun on it, and he's blasting away these bald dudes. That's totally cool.'

'Oh look he snapped that gun in half - Batman must want a bigger weapon than that!'

That would also explain his Watchmen movie.

Is it the Dark Knight trilogy that started this over futurised tank batombile aesthetic? It'd be nice to see Batman in something a little sleeker.

Frank Miller created the concept for his 1986 comic The Dark Knight Returns...

12474374672_SPLASH.jpg

This idea was adapted into the Tumbler for the Nolan universe but Nolan actually toned the design down to make it less extreme than Miller's literal urban combat military tank Batmobile. The current Batmobile is like a combination of the Burton Batmobile and the Arkham Knight series Batmobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom