• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batsuit (The Batman)

that setting screams gotham and batman looks very batman

damn this gon be guh

with the clown gang and this, it seems matt reeves is putting great emphasis on world building

Last edited:

GV82

vpY9xto.jpg

I’m Da Bat Guy!.

Just kidding I love Batman, but I couldn’t resist.

Last edited:
this is probably the "mark 1" suit anyway

i heard a much cleaner one is coming POSSIBLY WITH WHITE EYES and a lot like the black spidey suit from far from home

I’d like that to be true but I have my doubts. This may be as good as it gets...

I assume they’ll add the cape in later using CG since the whole cape/motorcycle combo is a bit of an OSHA hazard....

SuperGooey

If they didn't do the arms to your liking than what?

hqdefault.jpg
?
batmanarmsoutt-shirtiron-ontransferdecalcbm8-1.png

I'm comfortable with what they did.
I don't like the silver arrow things, which makes them look too busy to me. Making the 3 spokes now straps was an interesting choice. I was kinda hoping for gloves/gauntlets that were made of the same leather-stitched material as the mask.

We know from what Matt Reeves said a couple years ago that The Batman isn't based on any comic. But the similarity to Zero Year is actually pretty minimal, For one, his arms aren't exposed, he's riding a different bike, and you don't see any crossbow.

Bruh, Ben Affleck IS The Bulk.

Seriously, though.... This suit looks worse than what we got in Nolan’s trilogy (not that it was bad by any means) The one thing that I hate is the ears. The way they curve upwards looks like crap.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
I wonder if Patterson put some bulk on or if hes just doing a Ben Affleck.

He looks like a comicon fatty role playing in his own homemade batsuit. It's probably just the bulk of the suit & mask squeezing his face which makes him look fat, but it's seriously awful from the shots shown so far. Does it look like a billionaire's tactical combat suit made for ninja stealth, fighting & gadgets? No. The mask is the worst part though, i.e. looks like it was cut in the shape of a bat mask from rubber diving gear.

And why the hell do the people casting Batman overlook the physical part of playing The Batman? It's a combat/fighting movie (or at least should be). It needs someone with strength, fighting skills & physical presence, which Robert Pattinson is not. I don't like it. Give me Arkham Knight over this sorry bunch of pretenders any day.

ruvikx

Banned
Well, that cowl looks like crap. The suit itself has potential. I would have liked something like this but more sinister.

Batman-Arkham-Knight-Battles-Hero.jpg

"He's making you look like a fool!".

Seriously though, Arkham Knight was visually beautiful - including all the suit designs. It's a perfect blend of high tech technology & gothic references.

The darts on the foremarms and the cowl is what im not liking.

The rest i dont mind. My ideal real world batman set up would be something based on current Recon/Marines/specops (i dont know the correct jargon) type equipment and chest rigs and pouches etc with compacted/advanced versions of nightvision and all that. Kevalar cowl made to suit.

cdf.png

Have it come in black.
Wtf, i had to use the category of "Asian Wedding Photography" so the image hosting site would let me upload would upload the image.

Im guessing besides cost, theres a reason why the armed forces dont go for excessive armor plating and theres not enough reedom of movement.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
looks ok to me. all black suit doesn't bother me cos Batman has been largely a monochromatic guy ever since the Burton films.

seems a bit silly to complain about this now tho. this is an unfinished Batman standing in bright sunlight with no post production at all. of course candid shots taken in broad daylight will look bad. the actual movie has lighting, framing, CGI, etc. the camera test was masterfully directed. seeing that filmmaking applied to this suit could be pretty rad.

plus we have no idea if this is a certain suit for a certain sequence. like this could be a stunt suit you see for 3 minutes total.

the bat ears don't bother me. it's a silly thing for him to have bat ears just as it's silly for him to have a cape etc. you could deconstruct Batman to the point where it doesn't make any real world sense. but where's the fun in that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom