• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New big Shining game coming...

jay

manueldelalas said:
First, I'm glad you saw my point.

Second, it would only partially fix it (for me) because I still like moving my whole army in the same turn and choosing who to move first, and I still think it's an unnecessary complication.

I'm not saying SF games are bad, I like them, I like them more than most of the other SRPG series, I like FE better, but the series is good.

I still don't understand why are you people getting excited about a new Shining game, if you know that it isn't going to be made by the company that made the old games, it's probably not going to be a SRPG, and it's probably going to suck. Even if Sega attempted to make SF4, if it isn't made by Camelot, it would not be the same.

As I said, the only thing that could excite me about this series is SF4 by Camelot or a rerelease of SF3.

Only that.

Someone should release a mod of SF I and II and hack that shit out of the games =P.

I edited my post to be a little less combative but you got to it first.

OK, so it's how the turn orders are mixed in based on the speed stat and not separated in phases. I'm not sure I agree that it is a complicated game because of that as much as just a little bit different. Chess alternates player control a move at a time instead of using either phases or some speed stat and people don't seem to think that mechanic alone makes chess complicated.

As for the rest, I don't disagree with you. I've been painfully annoying on these boards for years about how Camelot makes a Shining game, not the branding. Golden Sun is much Shinier than the recent Shining games.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The turn order coupled with the easier difficulty (again, more like a JRPG than a standard SRPG) makes it less complicated, not more, imo.

jay

Alextended said:
The turn order coupled with the easier difficulty (again, more like a JRPG than a standard SRPG) makes it less complicated, not more, imo.

Everyone but manueldelalas agrees with your opinion.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Alextended said:
Yes, but the problem I have with it, is that the difficulty is in the wrong places; FE is obviously a more difficult and unforgiving game strategically speaking, but I have a harder time playing SF than FE.
Jay said:
OK, so it's how the turn orders are mixed in based on the speed stat and not separated in phases. I'm not sure I agree that it is a complicated game because of that as much as just a little bit different. Chess alternates player control a move at a time instead of using either phases or some speed stat and people don't seem to think that mechanic alone makes chess complicated.
IMO, and maybe this is a personal thing, it is more complicated because of it.

Maybe it is for me because I played FE before SF. I agree that it is different, but the thing is that I loose the visual thing. I like moving my armored units before the fast units because I can visualize where I can put the weak units (healers, archers, etc), I have a harder time positioning units in SF games because of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FE is a silly knockoff of the illustrious, long running, unparalled, completely original, no emoticons or stupid camelot font at all greatness that is Shining Force.

Top Bottom